šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do

TheCureinMalibu

Featured Posts

Economy

Another petty song saying its someone elses fault?

Ā 

havent heard it yet just read title. But im not shocked if it is... again... :air:Ā 

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
11 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Too early? She's 11 years into her career. Almost all artists famously hit the wall at 10 years, if not before. Madonna did it with Erotica. Mariah did it with Glitter. Xtina did it with Bionic. Beyonce did it with 4. The 8/9/10 year of fame anniversary is always a sore point, even among legends. 5 albums down and no flop? This is really unprecedented. It's going to happen eventually, sometimes after a huge era, when ultimate love suddenly turns to ultimate hate. It's unrealistic to expect Taylor to keep churning out success year after year despite not changing much and displaying a lot of personality flaws.

Thats an understatement

Ā 

yet another petty song

Ā 

its all your fault... im the victim again... everyone is a jerk to this gem that is me :(

Ā 

thats her ^^^^

Whispering
23 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Too early? She's 11 years into her career. Almost all artists famously hit the wall at 10 years, if not before. Madonna did it with Erotica. Mariah did it with Glitter. Xtina did it with Bionic. Beyonce did it with 4. The 8/9/10 year of fame anniversary is always a sore point, even among legends. 5 albums down and no flop? This is really unprecedented. It's going to happen eventually, sometimes after a huge era, when ultimate love suddenly turns to ultimate hate. It's unrealistic to expect Taylor to keep churning out success year after year despite not changing much and displaying a lot of personality flaws.

Yep, too early. Just like Adele, there are exceptions.Ā 

I've never been unrealistic about it happening eventually. It happens to everyone. Some artist find other outlets for their talents and energy. I'm thinking Taylor (and Gaga, for sure) will be in that group.Ā 

StrawberryBlond
28 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Yep, too early. Just like Adele, there are exceptions.

Adele's different because she only puts out albums occasionally. That means that her career takes a lot longer than most to unfold (Taylor's put out 5 albums since 2008 whereas Adele's only done 3, meaning she's had less chances to flop) and it also means that her audience are always left wanting more. The long break she had after 21 and now basically confirming that there will be no more music for a very long time post-25 tells you that this is going to be the way it is. And eventually, that idea's going to blow up in her face as well. Long breaks eventually do you in no matter who you are. I'm sure the public will only take so many sad ballads and then say she just won't develop and move on to the next clone.

LadyLuca

Its very interresting, I think I like it. But who is this song about? Ex? Katy? Other people?Ā 

Ariana Grindr

Oh miss Tay Tay serving us a BOP:bon:

it's petty af but I love it and truly live for it, "don't like your tilted stage"

I SCREAMED!!!!!!:queenga:

i hope Kanye does too!!! LolĀ 

I love the idea of taking back concepts. They make her out to be a snake so she goes with it. She knows it will sell and that is what she and her team do best, like her or not, you know that gurl sells. She saw the success Blank Space had about owning the psycho serial dater persona and she just went with it once again.Ā Taylor may be a snake and yeah she did lie about a whole bunch of **** but let's just not forget that humiliating moment at the 2009 vmas that put her, forced her to go this route. SheĀ didn't ask for this narrative, she didn't ask for her character assasinstion but she turned the tables and she's capitalizing from it, gurl, a true millennial success. Yas get that coin bish #swishswish

if there is one thing Taylor is great at, is writing a hit record.

the song is lit, and the lack of an epic chorus fits the song well, I love it just like John Wayne's non existent chorus is fire.

Ā 

this bish has me staning, I hate herĀ :saladga:

Ariana Grindr
15 minutes ago, LadyLuca said:

Its very interresting, I think I like it. But who is this song about? Ex? Katy? Other people?Ā 

Definitely Kanye West ("don't like your tilted stage, the role you made me play")

and kim k and most likely Perry and Harris and the entire world really hahahahahaha:lolly:

CharlieQuinn

I thought she hated spotifyĀ :huh:Ā This sounds like a Fergie ft the pussycat dollsĀ reject...Ā 

NIghtmareElm

I really hope Kanye fires back. Ā I miss when artists would fire back at each other song after song instead of tweets. Ā 

Whispering
7 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Adele's different because she only puts out albums occasionally. That means that her career takes a lot longer than most to unfold (Taylor's put out 5 albums since 2008 whereas Adele's only done 3, meaning she's had less chances to flop) and it also means that her audience are always left wanting more. The long break she had after 21 and now basically confirming that there will be no more music for a very long time post-25 tells you that this is going to be the way it is. And eventually, that idea's going to blow up in her face as well. Long breaks eventually do you in no matter who you are. I'm sure the public will only take so many sad ballads and then say she just won't develop and move on to the next clone.

Lol, yeah, those long breaks are hurting.Ā :giggle:Ā I don't think it's a life or death situation for Adele. She will be okay with an album every five years and with whatever happens with that. Never underestimate the power of a strong, emotional ballad. :)Ā 

It doesn't really matter. They both are doing extremely well. I'm sure the world won't end for them, or us, if they move on to something else one day or just quit altogether.Ā 

Petty revenge anthem, here we go!Ā I love Taylor acknowledging her narcissistic personality.Ā 

The chorus is underwhelming but I guess it's the trend. The production really reminds me of Melodrama. The song is camp (and I wish it went in harder on Kanye) but I like it and I hope it dethrones Despacito :) sorry despacito, you had a good run

hausoffame

Ā 

19 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Sorry, but Erotica was not a flopĀ :bye:

RepentingSinner

People its a great song. Stop listening with you laptop speakers and iPhone earpods.

StrawberryBlond
9 minutes ago, hausoffame said:

Ā 

Sorry, but Erotica was not a flopĀ :bye:

It wouldn't be a flop by today's standards, but for its time, it was. Selling 6 million was nothing back in 1992, especially for an artist as huge as Madonna. Until American Life came along, it was actually her worst selling album yet and out of her 13 studio albums, it's only the 9th best seller. It also only had 2 top tens in the US, one top 20, one top 40 and the other 2 singles didn't even chart. The tour pulled in $70 million in 1993 money, which was good but wasn't her best. It wasn't her worst flop but the point I was making was that it was her first downfall, the first time that her career was in genuine trouble. What with the album, the Sex book, her flop movie and her shocking appearance on Letterman, a lot of people said that her career could be over, that she was taking things too far. Some of her videos and music could only be shown after midnight, was banned from performing in certain countries, her music was banned in certain countries, parents didn't want their kids listening to her, etc. That's why she softened her image with Bedtime Stories and spent a long time making up for that crazy period where she could have lost it all for being too provocative. Hitting a wall at the 10 year mark happens to a lot of artists. And if it can happen to someone as big as Madonna, it can happen to Taylor as well.

Archived