💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'Born This Way' Album Lyrics † Song Info Topic

SMILE2NE1

Born this Way Vs Born This Way (The Country Road)  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Born this Way Vs Born This Way (The Country Road)

• Born this Way
    • Born This Way (The Country Road)
    • Express Yourself

Featured Posts

display name

Born This Way

Bad Kids

Hair

Black Jesus † Amen Fashion

Fashion of His Love

Highway Unicorn (Road to Love)

Judas

Electric Chapel

The Queen

The Edge of Glory

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
aaronyoji

mine are in order from least to best:

17: Fashion of His Love (fun song, but did anyone notice it has the exact same verses as bj+am?)

16: Americano (the "ethnic" influences are a bit obvious for btw, being that the futuristic feel of the album isn't region-specific. If the official song was like the acoustic version she performed a couple times then it'd be a little higher)

15: Bad Kids (i like some elements of it, but as a "bad kid" anthem, its too prissy, and that fake guitar-ugh)

14: ScheiBe (love the straight techno influences, and the soaring chorus, and even the grimey basses/synths. still, it's a filler tho)

13: Black Jesus + Amen Fashion (even though its another bonus track, i love the hard, groovy, michael jackson feel that it has)

12: Electric Chapel (gagas closest reach to her heavy metal roots, and the synths feel like the ground is rumbling and melting which i love)

11: The Queen (i dont like the drum kit at all, i find it cheap and anti-anthemic, but i was completely won over by the last minute and a half. so beautiful and heartfelt.)

10: Bloody Mary (a nice, sluggish, soothing yet hard gregorian-dance ballad. something that will surely fly over people's heads)

9: Heavy metal Lover (although not a literal heavy metal song, i love the mix of the sewage-based synths and the ethereal "i could be your girl" line. i loved this song the minute i heard it)

8: Highway Unicorn (love the fast paced, wistful anthem, love the syrup-y synths and the epic as **** drum breakdowns. melodies could be a bit more origional tho.)

7: Government Hooker ( so kinky, so bad ass, a definite departure in the industrial-french-techno genre)

6: Hair (love the new wave nuances, the pat-benatar-esque romanticism. LOVE the second verse, so powerful.)

5: Judas (despite being the sequal to bad romance, judas stands on its own. its elevated, its half thunderous primitive, tropical references mixed with the electro goth industrial feel. love the jamaican accent, it gives it flavor.)

4: You and I (although i cant stand country/honky tonk, gaga obviously gives it a large, anthemic def leppard/queen esque feel, and its definitely one of her best performance eras.)

3: Marry The Night (the only thing stopping this song from being number 2, is the fact that its not the album title track. but other than that, one of the best gaga songs-ever. love the whitney-esque vocals at the end. i think they're gagas highest notes to date, at least on an official song.)

2: Born this Way (the anthem that started it all. love the thickness, the crystallized futuristic production, love the melodies, the message, the pump of it, anyone who thinks this is a "poor man's express yourself" needs to get ground up into gaga's poker face meat grinder)

1: The Edge of Glory-what more could you ask for in a closer. *Bam*

Slayer

Frankly I think the production and melodies are >>>>>> anything else.

But I think the lyrics were its downfall. Religion is too touchy a subject. I get that she was trying to be controversial, and it certainly worked with the Church, but the controversy didn't help make it a big hit.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Just A Holy Fool

Releasing it around Easter + its controversial lyrics didn't help.

I don't care. Still easily among the best tracks on the album.

Slayer

What would the song be then? :huh:

I don't know. But try to think of it in terms of melody and overall production.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Juan Carlos

Choose among the following betrayers:

Marcus Brutus. :derpga:

Doña Marina. :laughga:

Tokyo Rose. :cryga:

*cZoeX.png

Bloody Mary

It would have definitely been a bigger hit without the lyrics and title. No question

Choose among the following betrayers:

Marcus Brutus. :derpga:

Doña Marina. :laughga:

Tokyo Rose. :cryga:

:dead:

Oh how I love you :heart:

Hot Space

I don't know. But try to think of it in terms of melody and overall production.

I guess we'll never know then. :shrug: The video got a massive amount of views.

I love Judas + its religious lyrics. I think that if it had different, non-religious lyrics, it would be more commercially popular

• Admin unpinned this topic
  • Mills locked this topic

Archived