Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

"Black Twitter" Wants Gaga to pay Takiya Thompson's legal fees

merlot

Featured Posts

bitchimtrying

If she payed for the legal fees then people would start saying, 'oh we don't need a white woman's money', or 'she's just throwing money at the problem instead of a real solution'. Gaga will never win because people want to be mad at her for no reason. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering
4 hours ago, britneygaga99 said:

In Italy we have many statues and obelisks built by Fascism and entitled to Mussolini, but they're historic and we didn't take them down.

Destroying statues isn't legal. She's in jail for a good reason.

Mussolini was the Prime Minister of Italy. That is a false equivalency to Robert E. Lee. 

While I don't support vandalism, I do believe that statues that represent bigotry and hate should be moved to museums or cemeteries, where they belong. The Civil War is a part of our history, but the South fighting to keep black people as slaves, is not something to be proud of or to have monuments to in front of our state capitals. 

britneygaga99
3 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Mussolini was the Prime Minister of Italy. That is a false equivalency to Robert E. Lee. 

While I don't support vandalism, I do believe that statues that represent bigotry and hate should be moved to museums or cemeteries, where they belong. The Civil War is a part of our history, but the South fighting to keep black people as slaves, is not something to be proud of or to have monuments to in front of our state capitals. 

The point is that no matter how bad someone is, a statue shouldn't be vandalized

Whispering
Just now, britneygaga99 said:

The point is that no matter how bad someone is, a statue shouldn't be vandalized

No, that's not the point at all. 

So many good points in this thread now please start spreading it around Twitter saying how they should be happy someone's on their ally 

T4vjipr.gif

BLOODANDSEMEN

Wow you guys. I'm really disappointed in some of your posts. Gaga is not a leader of the BLM movement, she's made some clear missteps the past couple days. She's a human being with good intentions, but she isn't doing enough. You all need to understand this issue goes deeper than just trying to protect her. I think it's a fabulous idea for Gaga to pay the fees. This wasn't a crime, some of you need to take a hard look at your own racial biases. 

Evan Peters

This is exactly why white celebrities don't be say **** about anything. Dragged if they do, dragged if they don't. It's a never ending battle

emma roberts is an abuser

The Surrealist

Tracgic attempt at grabbing attention. And he even is a writer for The Reader.

merlot
1 hour ago, bloodandsemen said:

Wow you guys. I'm really disappointed in some of your posts. Gaga is not a leader of the BLM movement, she's made some clear missteps the past couple days. She's a human being with good intentions, but she isn't doing enough. You all need to understand this issue goes deeper than just trying to protect her. I think it's a fabulous idea for Gaga to pay the fees. This wasn't a crime, some of you need to take a hard look at your own racial biases. 

excuse me what :saladga:

we are not racially biased, i am a MOC and i totally support the black community but it's really ridiculous that they think that white ppl owe them something, and i'm sick of them shaming gaga and other people who try to help just because they're not black, it's dumb and it's really hurting the cause 

lost in limbo
1 hour ago, bloodandsemen said:

So you want Gaga to pay for something she literally doesn't have to pay for??

Like why is this an idea at all, she's done so much already to prove herself 

Besides, people would critize her anyways, from excuses like "you can't just throw money around, instead do speeches" (and when she actually does spechees they critize her for not paying for things or for being a "privileged white woman") or "she's doing this so everyone think she's kind" (even thought she could just be like other celebs and don't focus on it at all).

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

BLOODANDSEMEN

SHE ASKED WHAT SHE COULD DO BETTER!!!! ALLYSHIP COMES IN DIFFERENT FORMS. SHE HAS OVER 200 MILLION IN THE BANK, SHE SHOULD BE DONATING COPIOUS AMOUNTS INSTEAD OF MAKING A PROBLEMATIC POLL. Clueless 

DemeLarell
12 hours ago, Gypsy Life said:

No offense, but Black Twitter is kinda scum. 

We're not all that way lol. Every group has their scum.

lost in limbo
Just now, bloodandsemen said:

SHE ASKED WHAT SHE COULD DO BETTER!!!! ALLYSHIP COMES IN DIFFERENT FORMS. SHE HAS OVER 200 MILLION IN THE BANK, SHE SHOULD BE DONATING COPIOUS AMOUNTS INSTEAD OF MAKING A PROBLEMATIC POLL. Clueless 

1. Calm the fck down.

2. Calm the fck down.

3. Did I mention for you to calm the fck down?

4. Do you have any idea how much she donates every day already? 

5. Just because she's an ally doesn't mean she needs to pay for someone's legal fees 

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

Archived