💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

BTW start a self-empowerment trend?

Mr S

Featured Posts

From a Billboard article about Pink:

P!nk has never chased pop music trends: there isn’t a hit in her catalogue that benefited from the help of a superstar DJ or a rapper du jour. It would be easy to argue that she rode the wave of post-”Born This Way” self-empowerment jams with “Raise Your Glass,” but was there a more natural fit for the genre’s subject matter? P!nk has been underestimated since her arrival -- a song that celebrates underdogs makes sense.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7898268/pink-what-about-us-underrated-juggernaut

Did Lady Gaga, or more specifically "Born This Way", start a wave of self-empowerment songs?

elijahfan

I don't know about the musical landscape, it seems like empowering songs have always been there. But I'd say it definitely started a conversation. Not to mention it completely changed my life, but that's another story.

dannydevito

they only said the title of the song tho, for all we know they could be referring to this

:poot:

Decodekid

Katy did get inspired

Roar

Dark Horse

Rise 

Witness Deluxe.. :poot:

Im Harol don't tell anyone

Thomas P

Not really. Firework and about a cagillion other songs were all out before hand.

EDIT wtf you misquoted the article. It says "you could argue she followed the 2010-2011 trend" not post born This Way...

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

ryanripley

born this way certainly had impact and so did the tour

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

12 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

Not really. Firework and about a cagillion other songs were all out before hand.

But the writer said so

Thomas P
Just now, GrigioGirl1 said:

But the writer said so

I read the article and I didn't see it. :huh:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

17 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

EDIT wtf you misquoted the article. It says "you could argue she followed the 2010-2011 trend" not post born This Way...

I'm confused. I'm not sure I misquoted it at all. :huh:

To an extent, yeah, I'd say it did.

There were a lot of songs coming out around that time that kind of fit that theme, and a chunk before BTW itself, but I don't think any of them hit as directly and straightforward as BTW's lyrical material. It might not have been the start of the 2010-11 "empowerment pop" trend, but it definitely was the poster child of it.

3 points in and ready for more

Archived