💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Joanne World Tour Opening Night

AIex

Featured Posts

AmenTheNight

For those complaining that the show is a bit short : She doesn't cut songs short like she used to do before (especially at the artRave). She even performs more songs than usual, and performs longer editions of the songs. If the show was a bit shorter, it's :
1) Because she never talks much for the first few dates because of pressure and stress (see : BTWB, artRave, TMB 2.0)
2) The show apparently started a bit late, which left little room for talk
3) There isn't one big "piano moment" with three or four songs performed at the piano, where she usually takes time to talk, contrary to all her other tours.

I must say, this show is a 11/10, and I didn't even attend it yet. The setlist is perfect (I would have only performed Paparazzi on the piano with the band, and performed Venus when she sings Paparazzi in this setlist, but I understand her choice).

The stage is innovative, full of secrets and surprises. Interludes are back and she's a master in this aspect. She's dancing just like she should, not too much to keep her breath in control, but just enough to entertain and look dynamic. She doesn't look bored when singing songs like Poker Face or Telephone. She looks great, the costumes are pretty cool. Lights, fire effects, props, discostick, keytar : everything is here. I absolutely love this show, maybe not more than the BTWBall, but it's really close for me. She reminded me each and every reason I love her so much since almost 10 years ! 💙

I have only two wishes : that the setlist doesn't change (I need each and every song performed here to remain the same, everything is perfect imo really), and that she doesn't shorten songs. ✌️

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alfonso
6 hours ago, Dutch said:

I've got this feeling too! Or maybe they skipped the full intro for the show. Maybe there was an interlude part after the timer. 'Don't call me Gaga' sounded like the Coachella intro, but the intro never came through. The 'CALL ME JOANNE' scream was kinda funny tho. I don't know, i've got the feeling this wasn't the full show/something changed last minute.

Like I wouldn't be surprised if there was a whole act with You and I, Sinners Prayer, Grigio Girls and Just Another Day.

I hope so!

The shows seems great but I need Sinners Prayer, Hey Girl and DWUW

Teal Ambition

Looks like we might get a Judas performance tomorrow :giveup:

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

ARTPOP

Can someone please tell me what's the setlist or any links to watch parts of the concert

COME ON GAYS!!

053Timo

I love it. But I think she should rearrange the last few songs. First MR, than The Cure and finishing with Bad Romance. Million Reasons is a little anti-climax as last song. 

Lion Heart

The piano is so epic :heart: 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

NecroManny

Apparently Gaga took pics and sighed autographs after the first show? Is there a separate forum talking about this? 

Justice4ARTPOP

Lion Heart

All I'm missing is Judas/Sinner's Prayer :heart: 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Katie14
2 hours ago, Miel said:

The Joanne performance, and its accompanying speech, is breathtaking.

Yes. That was the best part of the show. It was so honest and she started to tear up when she said, "Joanne" before starting to sing. 

Phoebe Buffay

This is for the "fans" that brag about the tour: There is a difference between an opinion and hating on something. 

Like wtf do you want from her? To sing LIVE and DANCE throughout the whole show or to cancel dates because she didn't feel like performing and to lipsync all of the songs and to be lazy(cough cough)?

200w.webp#21-grid1

DrewPa

I love everythinkg I've seen so far !

It seems like she took the best ideas from her previous tours and she put them together for this one!

I particularly appreciated the fact she put on the Setlist some "Fan favorite" tracks instead of all the singles (her "repertoire" is starting getting bigger and bigger, she can't make a "Greatest Hits Tour" all the time, it would end being kind of tedious imo). I worship Bloody Mary, the idea to listen to it Live again is the greatest gift for me!

as for the "Justice for ARTPOP" thing, I don't see the problem: since ever, Pop Artists put less songs from the previous album while touring to promote the next one, since it has been heavily performed in the Tour before.

Think about Madonna (for them who know her career): when she made the Drowned World Tour in 2001 she performed songs from Music and Ray of Light (she never toured for the latter), then when she toured with the Re-Invention Tour (that was considered by many as a "Greatest Hits" tour)  she privileged tracks from "American Life" (6 songs, but we have to considered how the Album had been poorly received at that time) and she sung like Two songs from Music and one from Ray of Light. It's kind of logic.

Anyway, the stage, the costumes and the choreographies are DOPE. And I have the strong impression she decided to take care of her vocals even more than in her previous shows (is it me, or she does not dance a lot? Seems like the more "elaborate" moves are performed by the dancers..."). Maybe she is planning her first Long Form Live Album to come along with the Blu-ray. It would be great!!!!!!! <3 

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

Katie14

I just wish the show had more of a story. Or maybe it does but I just cant tell from the low quality livestream videos. 

TheEdgeof96
53 minutes ago, 053Timo said:

I love it. But I think she should rearrange the last few songs. First MR, than The Cure and finishing with Bad Romance. Million Reasons is a little anti-climax as last song. 

Okay, this. I LOVED the show, but I hated MR as the closing song. I went by myself to the show and recently had a toxic relationship with my best friend/FWB/exboyfriend end, and MR always reminds me of him. Ending the show with such a sad song really dampened the night for me. It was an amazing performance, but The Cure would've been a better closing song tbh. End the show more positively

Archived