💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Joanne World Tour Opening Night

AIex

Featured Posts

Sister

It isn't so bad and Gaga looks good and things tend to get better from the first show on. The only thing to me, seems as the setlist is wanting, it could be better and the show seems short or small. We'll see how it moves on, this is only her first show. The audience seemed to view it as a success, can't argue that and Gaga is always an exceptional live concert performer.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Darcklighter22

not sure if it's been posted but found some videos that really best showcase the stage so far! Compared to the potato recordings we have since this morning these videos realllly got me hyped for my show in September!!!

The soundboard looks like the most complex she's had from prior tours :giveup:

crisTEAne

omg, just watched the HD videos. i love it. it's such a good show. i can't wait to witness it live. love her so much. :giveup: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
7 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Maybe she will do it like Superbowl in stadium dates? :poot:

These people attending arena dates will get so jealous tho if happened!

You mean with her jumping? Lmao 

ShockPop

I expect greatness and usually get disappointed.

I watched the live stream at 5am and was like "oh. There's no atmosphere or anything... It's got no soul" then I came home from work and watched the show again on YouTube and was blown away.

It's easy to be a critic when you nit pick that she didn't go out of her way just to please you as an individual.

A few funny bits I noticed... The dancer guiding her where to go during btw. That was obvious and slightly awkward. Also her messing up bad romance.

The staging was everything. From the start with the clock moving up to reveal her, the tilting stage levels, mini stages, moving bridges.

Her vocals were killer. Duh. She looked a bit puffy but has had a heavy schedule. I don't need those headlines again.

My highlights were: The Cure (the singalong with good feeling), Joanne (the one that'll make you feel), Scheiße  (the one to make you dance) and Million reasons (the end of the night singalong).

I wouldn't be surprised if The Cure was given the Encore slot after MR as it ends on a happier note with similar effect. 

RAMROD
Just now, ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY said:

You mean with her jumping? Lmao 

Yes, and more pyrotechnic :poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
3 minutes ago, Darcklighter22 said:

not sure if it's been posted but found some videos that really best showcase the stage so far! Compared to the potato recordings we have since this morning these videos realllly got me hyped for my show in September!!!

The soundboard looks like the most complex she's had from prior tours :giveup:

Thank you for this! No matter what monsters can say, this by far is her best show in terms of lighting and technology. 

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY

So from what I saw (I didn't look too much to be surprised for my show in NY even though I'm not even sure it's going to be the same 😡) it really looks amazing. Visuals, lighting, and stage are def her best yet.  As much as I love bloody Mary though, I'm really surprised she chose that over an ARTPOP song or even sinners prayer. Maybe because she sang Venus & Sexxx Dreams at Coachella she feels she did it justice? 

I do have to be honest though, ever since the first dive bar tour and the arrangement she had for sinners prayer I've been dying for her to bring that back on tour. The album version is OK, but I feel like the song is so much better with the way she sang it slower during the first dive bar. I'm really bummed that that's not on the set list 

HairBow

Man. If I'm able to go to the show that's in my hometown in November, I know I'm going to lose composure when she performs Joanne.

I was legit crying while watching the livestream last night. It's such a well-written song that hits so close to home for me.  And the speech she did prior to the song?  That came from a painfully genuine place.

Damn. Just ... Damn.

Shaney

I really hope she adds Sexxx Dreams and Venus. They are two of her best songs. Take Telephone out tbh.

HMLover
21 minutes ago, Sister said:

It isn't so bad and Gaga looks good and things tend to get better from the first show on. The only thing to me, seems as the setlist is wanting, it could be better and the show seems short or small. We'll see how it moves on, this is only her first show. The audience seemed to view it as a success, can't argue that and Gaga is always an exceptional live concert performer.

On what grounds is it too short or small? It's 2 hours, which is absolutely standard and expected for concerts, and it's 22 songs with several interludes. She also does almost all of the songs in their full studio version format rather than doing what she's done on previous tours and perform segments of like 4 minute medleys of 3 songs that contain only one verse and chorus . The Monster Ball was 20 songs. 

ThattGuy

After seeing this stage set up, for my show I am bringing my Samsung 360 camera.

It films in 4K 360 degree video and 30MP still pix in 360. This stage/arena set up is perfect for 360 pix.

Get out your VR GaGoggles : JWT360

Can't wait.

CanadaGoesGaga

Okay as someone who actually was there, on the floor...

The stage is CRAZY. I have never seen anything like it. It does so many things. So very cool! 

Loved all the pyrotechnics, never really seen her use that many if any during her shows.

The outfits were great, Bloody Mary dress stole the show!

Her vocals were on point, but sound was a bit muddy at the beginning, hard to hear her.

Our group labeled the bridges/projection surfaces floating maxi pads... and dammit, did they block the view a lot! I wish they would have used clear bridges like at ArtRave, the projections on them weren't necessary.

I think this show must look insanely cool from the arena seats, from the floor you can miss a ton of stuff due to bridges, the lasers aren't as noticeable, and all the intimate piano moments happen at the far end from the Mainstage. I was hoping she would have at least one piano moment on Main stage but alas.

I loved the setlist, great mix of songs. Interludes were awesome. 

The ending felt abrupt to me, there wasn't the usual goodbye/bow moment. 

Overall the show was amazing. The visuals are insane, the choreo is tight, her vocals are killer. DiC live is everything. I sadly never got to attend The Monster Ball, but i'd rate this tour just behind Born this Way Ball. 

mister max

I just noticed the lights from her piano react to her piano keys :giveup: 

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

Lion Heart

Am I the only one who thinks a John Wayne-->Teeth-->Scheibe transition would be epic?? John Wayne/Teeth go so well together. 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Archived