💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is ARTPOP Lady Gaga's best album

Perfect ionist

Featured Posts

flopheart
2 hours ago, Miley said:

Her worst. Lyrically and production vise. 

definitely. I'd like to erase it totally, i would only save applause, guy, do what u want, MANiCURE, dope and gypsy from that album

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
flopheart
2 hours ago, Torsoface said:

Yes it is. I love every track on it except Swine :neyde:

swine is so horrible omg

ryanripley
6 hours ago, Perfect ionist said:

Born This Way is so overrated Joanne is so different from ARTPOP how you compare ARTPOP to Joanne two different things

Quote from one of Gaga's songs," If you're wondering, know that I'm not sorry".:fthis: guess what song it was

you poor thing :duck: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

djBuffoon

Not before Born This Way and Joanne, but I do think it is much, much better than has been given credit for.

VforVendetta

1. Born This Way

2. Joanne

3. The Fame Monster

4. ARTPOP

5. The Fame

FfFfFfFF

My (personal) opinion is that Born This Way, ARTPOP and The Fame Monster are the best. The Fame is very simple and pop-oriented and it is her attempt to have a commercial debut and Joanne kind of lacks her signature sound in most of the songs. On the other hand, TFM is the essence of Gaga as image, it includes Bad Romance, her most critical acclaimed and iconic song and a bunch of very well-produced pop songs, BTW is still dark and Gaga-like and lyrically it's about freedom and self-acceptance, things that Gaga stands for and also I find its production being innovative for dance music. ARTPOP is her controversial album (not only for the GP and critics, but even for this fan-base). Paradoxically even though it's messy and immature it's still a very conceptual and sophisticated record (which also explains the thing with art and pop).

I still like The Fame and Joanne and I consider them important chapters of her discography but this not means I consider them the best.

HairBow

I like ARTPOP overall, but I think it is lyrically her worst album.  I also don't think the album makes a lot of sense as a concept either. The first four tracks are flaw-free, but near the end, we get all of these personal songs that don't match the tone of the beginning. The tone at the beginning of the album was awesome ... She was giving some "Sex Goddess from Outer Space" vibes in the first four tracks, which made the tone of the album really fun and crazy.  Then, later in the album, we get a song about rape, songs about how the media and critics treat her, a couple of songs about addiction, and a song about being in a long distance relationship. The album just doesn't really flow well for me lyrically, sonically, or tonally.  ARTPOP is easily my least favorite Gaga album, even if I still really enjoy a lot of the individual songs.

Also, ARTPOP has some of her worst songs ever (Jewels N Drugs, Donatella ...)

I also find it funny that a lot of people are saying how weak the lyrics are in The Fame.  I couldn't disagree more.  The Fame is one of her best albums lyrically, if you ask me. The entire album flows lyrically, sonically, and tonally.  It has a very tongue in cheek/borderline sardonic vibe to it, which I still absolutely love.  The Fame feels FAR more "Andy Warhol" than ARTPOP ever did, if you ask me.

It is.I agree that BTW has a stronger message but it has some fillers. Overall I think ARTPOP is better in production, lyrics and sound variety, it explores a lot of different genres (such as trance, rock, trap, industrial, techno, R&B...)

OmgSum1Actually

ARTPOP is an amazing album and it has potential to be even better. 

I just think it should've been 10 or 11 tracks with more singles and videos.

Personally I would scrap JnD, MANiCURE, Donatella and Gypsy + but I think those song should've been released later on aka performed on artRAVE

Shameless selfpromo

Archived