💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is ARTPOP Lady Gaga's best album

Perfect ionist

Featured Posts

Andrea B
1 minute ago, shmal96 said:

I think it's just overly-lauded here on GGD. The songs have great messages, but I think BTW has a lot of 'filler' tracks that feel dated if I listen to them now. It hasn't aged well (for me at least)

I agree with you, it has a lot of fillers songs. In my opinion, only 12 songs out of the 17 songs from BTW are really good but the thing with ARTPOP is that a lot of the tracks are so overproduced but I kinda see why some people prefer ARTPOP over BTW and I think its because it has a lot of bops but again btw has better lyrics and production 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SHOOKGA

ARTPOP is AACTUAALLG VERYY GOOD OMG

It attracted younger audiences but pretty sure that didnt work out well

Not very born this way of you đŸ˜«

shmal96
1 minute ago, Andree said:

I agree with you, it has a lot of fillers songs. In my opinion, only 12 songs out of the 17 songs from BTW are really good but the thing with ARTPOP is that a lot of the tracks are so overproduced but I kinda see why some people prefer ARTPOP over BTW and I think its because it has a lot of bops but again btw has better lyrics and production 

Yeah I think it's just a matter of preference, I'm just really partial to those Zedd/DJWS beats and production :rockstar:I think ARTPOP has some great lyrics as well, a lot of songs on there have multiple layers/meanings to it. 

bloody g

Yes. BTW is full of fillers like TF. I'd let people think that TFM is, but BTW and TF are just a mess :selena:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐹𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

gabeoz
1 hour ago, AmericanGUY said:

BTW has some gorgeous gems but lots of filler

This is how I feel about BTW, it has a few masterpieces, but the rest feel like thrown in fillers. (I still stan BTW to this day though)

gabeoz

ARTPOP is up against BTW for me, I love ARTPOP and the bops it serves, but I love the dark and religious undertones of BTW.

Xoxo Adriana

No, ARTPOP is not better than The Fame Monster.

bloody g
14 minutes ago, Andree said:

ARTPOP has better lyrics and production.

BTW songs most tend to repeat the same 'be yourself' theme and the lyrics are pretty straight forward except some gems like Bloody Mary, Judas, Marry The Night.

ARTPOP is way more diverse: Gaga holding a conversation with herself in Sexxx Dreams, deep hidden meanings in DWUW or Applause, satyre in Donatella,  both in MJH, excellent metaphors and other poetic language in ARTPOP, classic Gaga in Gypsy or Dope, or whatever Swine is.

ARTPOP's beats sound more worked on and polished too, some in BTW are too raw and repetitive like Americano, Bad Kids, Electric Chapel and HML.

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐹𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Reality

For me it's between Joanne and Born This Way. Joanne has more music that I like, like sonically speaking, but Born This Way just has such a powerful and important message, plus some of her best songs come from that album.

I became a Little Monster during ARTPOP, so the album and the era definitely have a special place in my heart, but I wouldn't say it's her best album. There are beautiful and amazing songs on it (Dope, Gypsy, Applause, Do What U Want, etc.) but I think the message and the whole concept behind it was much better than the actual album itself, in fact, that's the reason why I started to get interested in Gaga during ARTPOP. I just loved her philosophy about art and pop and how they're both intertwined and stuff, I found it fascinating. 

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

RochestrMonstr

It was my favorite one for a long time. Joanne took over in that respect.

I can never tell if ARTPOP is second or third for me now though. It switches with Born This Way frequently these days. TFM would be in that running too if it were longer, but it's still a close fourth.

RochestrMonstr
1 hour ago, Perfect ionist said:

I understand ARTPOP was messy and etc. But it was a messy perfection. Born This Way was PERFECT because it was not messy and almost everything went according to plan. Born This Way wins 

BTW era was where the messiness began. I realize you knew that but I do find it funny how many people tend to forget about that and remember the BTW era like it was well-planned/organized. She hasn't had an era go "to plan" since TFM.

Archived