traditional art

Traditional Art&Pop Competition

August Blue

Featured Posts

August Blue
11 minutes ago, Decodekid said:

i have a question tho

anger can be expressed in different ways such as silence and sadness

Does it necessarily has to be impulsive, im getting crazy anger? 

Yes, it can be expressed as silent/sadness. 

As I said tornado/PI can both be figurative. 

The goal is to draw smth out of a dark feeling (sadness, anger, etc) 

August Blue

@Lucas When u said u couldnt make it for task 2 because u weren't feeling alright, I was like omg just what task 3 is asking :poot: 

So you can use this feeling, and express your anger/sadness, I hope it will help you somehow :hug: 

Edited by August Blue
  • Like 1

Decodekid
6 minutes ago, August Blue said:

Yes, it can be expressed as silent/sadness. 

As I said tornado/PI can both be figurative. 

The goal is to draw smth out of a dark feeling (sadness, anger, etc) 

Ok so a tornado has to be included, right? 

Edited by Decodekid
Im Harol don't tell anyone

August Blue
1 minute ago, Decodekid said:

Ok so a tornado has to be included, right? 

Yes, BUT as I said it can also be figurative, meaning that tornado= a story/concept that shows sadness, anger or whatever dark feeling you guys imagne. Get it? 

Chromatic
11 minutes ago, August Blue said:

@Lucas When u said u couldnt make it for task 2 because u weren't feeling alright, I was like omg just what task 3 is asking :poot: 

So you can use this feeling, and express your anger/sadness, I hope it will help you somehow :hug: 

I already know what I'm gonna do. It's gonna be a Swine/Perfect Illusion kinda mash-up. 

• Like 1

VOLANTIS
1 hour ago, Lippoutou said:

WHat's a shiva ? :0

1 hour ago, Florian said:

I'm in Thaïland atm and I'm living for the mythology :giveup:

Well this is the essay I provided with the artwork incase you guys wanted a little bit of a description. :happy:

The depiction I’ve chosen for this theme comes from the Hindu Mythology of how Ganges originated on earth. This story is quite long but I’ll try my best to give you a condensed version. According to the scriptures, Ganges was originally a Goddess (Ganga) contained within the secrecy of the heavens. Upon the God of creation’s will, she was sent down on earth. However, out of fear for the safety of the planet as Ganges violently crashing on earth up from heaven would put earth in danger, Shiva the God of destruction residing on a mountain conjured a way to break Ganga’s mighty descend. He let the Goddess directly flow unto his hair. His hair broke the mighty force and allowed Ganga to flow smoothly across the lands. As Hindus strongly believe in time as a cycle, this event is not a onetime occurrence. She is forever falling from heaven into his locks and is being forever tamed.

Now you may have some questions regarding why I chose a famous Hindu God for a theme titled “Gay Boy Dancing in the shower”

To answer let me tell you a bit about Shiva. The God of destruction according to Hindus.

Shiva belongs to the principal trinity of Hinduism along with two other Gods. One the creator and the other the preserver. Shiva is the destroyer. He carries the moon on his head, a symbol of constant destruction that gives life. The king of serpents is forever his faithful companion often seen garlanded around his neck. 

How is he associated with Gay boys? Or dancing?

Well he may not be directly associated with gay boys but he plays an important role in LGBT community. One of the forms he takes to overcome certain aspects of the cycle he calls life is in a combined male and female form. His male half (destruction) is fused with his female half (Power). And so as one androgynous being, Shiva is invincible in this state. This form is translated to today’s youth and holds an important spot in the gay community for having embraced this hermaphrodite form as empowerment. He is symbolised in worship as a phallus. And often paired with the female equivalent as well. Let's have some fun, this worship is sick, I wanna take a ride on his disco stick (and venus).

Shiva in order to fulfill his role as the destroyer, carries this out as a form of dance. This is one of the most famous aspects of Shiva’s powers. He carries on a fearful dance until everything in his path has been reduced to dust.

Petition to get miss Shiva to lip-sync for his life on Rupaul. Destroy my wig! 

Give it up for miss Ganga and the undeniable Queen of the Gays everybody.  

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

August Blue

@VOLANTIS Sorry for not posting the description when announcing the results :giveup:  I was stressed and rushing :cryga: 

I did send it to the judges tho :diane: 

Edited by August Blue
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Lippoutou
Just now, August Blue said:

Sorry for not posting the description when announcing the results :giveup:  I was stressed and rushing :cryga: 

Dont worry boo :unicorn:

What about the total scores tho ?

• Like 1

VOLANTIS
Just now, August Blue said:

@VOLANTIS Sorry for not posting the description when announcing the results :giveup:  I was stressed and rushing :cryga: 

I wasn't expecting you to post the descriptions it's completely okay. :hug: You go above and beyond making the results reveal so exciting already. :giveup:

I just wanted to share that's all. :selena:

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

donutellha

Hey everybody, Sarah Tanno just noticed me on Instagram, I had to tell I'm too excited :unicorn:

Congrats!!!!!! :kara: you deserve it all sis

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.
  • Love 1

August Blue

Hey everybody, Sarah Tanno just noticed me on Instagram, I had to tell I'm too excited :unicorn:

Share all here sis :giveup: Did she notice a drawing u made?

• Like 1

Lippoutou
3 minutes ago, August Blue said:

Share all here sis :giveup: Did she notice a drawing u made?

Yes ! She already noticed a drawing of mine but that was a repost and I wasn't credited so she had no idea who made it, but now she saw it on my own account !

Plus it's inspired by her make up work on Gaga so it's special.

(See the two last comments)

Edited by Lippoutou
  • Love 3

• Haroon unfeatured this topic