Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Madonna

LipglossLuxury

Featured Posts

Nullvoid

Loves.. Side note she looks stunning at her wedding...

283734_10150909195910583_882645097_n.jpg

Edited by mralexv

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GlitterGrease

• Chucky

• ALX

• Lum

Top Posters In This Topic

Psychedelic

Madonna is discredited IMO as a vocal artist simply because she's Madonna, the one who sang like a virgin, but when u really listen, I hear an extraordinary talent. I'd rather hear the vocals of someone restrained like Madonna over say mariah Carey or those high squeally voices that showoff vocals any day. :nails:

THIS! :worship:

Are there any really good audio rips of any MDNA Tour shows? like HQ ones?

Ozzy8923

:fan: L- I - K - E A V - I - R - G - I - N :fan:

Considering many fans told me Madonna's first albums were her least impressive, I didn't think I would like this album as much as I did. There is surprisingly little filler, and there was no song that I openly disliked (I expected to hate Shoo-Be-Doo after one look at the title and that it was the only song that was written without the help of other songwriters). In general, Like A Virgin is an infectious pop album, full of fun songs that I was able to enjoy even at first listen. I can see why this album was Madonna's best selling album in the United States.

My favorite songs were the following:

- Material Girl: My favorite song by far. It's so infectious and easy to groove to. It deserved to go #1. Too bad Madonna said herself that she regrets recording this song, because she didn't think she would be labeled as a Material Girl for the next 30 years.

- Like A Virgin: Just as infectious as Material Girl and who could forget the VMA's 1983 performance?

- Over and Over

- Dress You Up

- Angel

Overall Rating: 9/10. A true pop record that was easy for me to enjoy. I don't see why fans seem to underrate this album.

Lavender Pubes

Maybe I need to give LAV a chance to grow on me... I don't use the non-singles at all. Personally I enjoyed her debut album much more on first listen and also I think True Blue is her best album of the 80's overall

White Noise

Considering many fans told me Madonna's first albums were her least impressive, I didn't think I would like this album as much as I did. There is surprisingly little filler, and there was no song that I openly disliked (I expected to hate Shoo-Be-Doo after one look at the title and that it was the only song that was written without the help of other songwriters). In general, Like A Virgin is an infectious pop album, full of fun songs that I was able to enjoy even at first listen. I can see why this album was Madonna's best selling album in the United States.

My favorite songs were the following:

- Material Girl: My favorite song by far. It's so infectious and easy to groove to. It deserved to go #1. Too bad Madonna said herself that she regrets recording this song, because she didn't think she would be labeled as a Material Girl for the next 30 years.

- Like A Virgin: Just as infectious as Material Girl and who could forget the VMA's 1983 performance?

- Over and Over

- Dress You Up

- Angel

Overall Rating: 9/10. A true pop record that was easy for me to enjoy. I don't see why fans seem to underrate this album.

I love Dress You Up :) I pretty much prefer her first album over LAV but it's still nonetheless a great fun album.

mariomania1234

Going back to the topic of Madonna's vocals, i don't know if it was the mic effects that did it, but if so it did wonders to her voice here.

:legend: . Probably my favorite vocal performance by Madonna.

White Noise

Going back to the topic of Madonna's vocals, i don't know if it was the mic effects that did it, but if so it did wonders to her voice here.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=jH4NcD0LDAQ :legend: . Probably my favorite vocal performance by Madonna.

She looked so gorgeous during that period .

mariomania1234

She looked so gorgeous during that period .

She really did. :flutter:

Ozzy8923

220px-Ray_Of_Light.jpg

:legend:R - A - Y O - F L - I - G - H - T :legend:

I can see why this record is Madonna's most critically acclaimed work. Ray of Light manages to incorporate the elements that every single album should have: fantastic vocals, magnificent production, and honest, relatable, well-written lyrics, and a cohesive theme with all of the songs relating to that theme. Every single track on this album belongs in it, there is not one that I would remove. Not only this, but the album really is like a ray of light, it manages to point out the beauty of life and that we must use our lives wisely and live a life full of wisdom and love. We must not be consumed with hate and regret. I was really impressed with this album and I am beyond happy that I purchased it yesterday.

Even though I love all of the songs, these were my favorites:

- Frozen: One of the most beautiful and heartbreaking ballads I've ever heard. Manages to incorporate elements of electronica and pop, trip hop, and ambient.

- Ray of Light: Undoubtedly the most memorable song from the record. One of Madonna's best vocal performances and a beautiful song in general.

- Power of Good-Bye: :cry: All of it is so true and heartbreaking. (I loved her look in the video, by the way. She looked spectacular with brown hair like that).

- Sky Fits Heaven: THAT CHORUS. :worship:

- Nothing Really Matters.

- Skin.

Overall Rating: 10/10. It deserves it. :wub:

Edited by ozzy8923

LittleDudeNT5

I'm glad you liked it :) I find myself liking her first two albums more and more. And I don't see why others dislike it so much? :shrug: I like the ballads on there. And all the singles from that album are great. (Angel is my secret obsession) I like Over and Over & Stay as well.

I listened to Madonna again and I actually REALLY like I Know It and Think of Me. That whole album is pretty good.

PopBitch

220px-Ray_Of_Light.jpg

:legend:R - A - Y O - F

L - I - G - H - T :legend:

I can see why this record is Madonna's most critically acclaimed work. Ray of Light manages to incorporate the elements that every single album should have: fantastic vocals, magnificent production, and honest, relatable,

well-written lyrics, and a cohesive theme with all of the songs relating to that theme. Every single track on this album belongs in it, there is not one that I would remove. Not only this, but the album really is like a ray of light, it manages to point out the beauty of life and that we must use our lives wisely and live a life full of wisdom and

love. We must not be consumed with hate and regret. I was really impressed with this album and I am beyond happy that I purchased it yesterday.

Even though I love all of the songs, these were my favorites:

- Frozen: One of the most beautiful and heartbreaking ballads I've ever heard. Manages to incorporate elements of electronica and pop, trip hop, and ambient.

- Ray of Light: Undoubtedly the most memorable song from the record. One of Madonna's best vocal performances and a beautiful song in

general.

- Power of Good-Bye: :cry: All of it is so true and heartbreaking. (I loved her look in the video, by

the way. She looked spectacular with brown hair like that).

- Sky Fits Heaven: THAT CHORUS. :worship:

- Nothing Really Matters.

- Skin.

Overall Rating: 10/10. It deserves it. :

I love all the songs you mentioned and more. The record is timeless. And it shows sometimes less is more as far as lyrics. The simplicity and beauty of them actually gives more meaning for me than a wordy song would in this type music.

I get lost in the beauty of this album.

Frozen is the most epic song.