šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Am I The Only One Who Doesn't Like That Gaga...

leecy

Featured Posts

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tan Fei

glad that im a new fan so i dont hav that comparison thing in me all the time . her strong vocals impressed me first

HairBow

A part of me believes that a pop song like Perfect Illusion did not chart so well because Gaga's vocals are too good. Ā The general population prefers to be able to sing along to pop songs, I think ... And Perfect Illusion is a hard song to sing along to compared to other pop songs. So I can understand the OP's opinion here if all they want from Gaga are some solid pop songs to bop along to.

THAT SAID, I love me some good vocals. Ā Gaga is taking her music to a place where I've wanted ever since I became a fan in 2009. So for me, I'm a happy fan. :)Ā 

Vergil

Same. I prefer her cabaret voice of the Monster Ball/ Born This Way Ball than her overĀ trained voice that sometimes does not sound good at all and even gets annoying. I feel like some songs in Joanne would be much better if she relaxed her toneĀ a bit.

EDIT: she has a very powerful voice but good music isn't about how high your voice can get but controlling it.Ā 

Slayer

Gaga pushed the boundaries as far as she could go when she got a girl to vomit on her in a performance. Where do you go from there? How can you shock people after that?Ā 

I believe that performance was a huge turning point in her career. The backlash was so bad, she was forced to reinvent herself and focus entirely on reminding everyone that she's a great singer.

I do sometimes miss when she put on really theatrical shows. But I also don't think she has abandoned that performance style completely. I think she is still in her damage control era and in future we will (hopefully) see a return to her artsy side - but this time it will probably be a lot less boundary-pushing, as she only seems to anger people when she does that.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canŹ¹t look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Fernster7
4 hours ago, leecy said:

how would you define talent?

Is David Bowie talented?

Is Lorde or Lana?

Is Grimes?

just curious cause many people here love to use the word "talent" when all they're talking about is "vocals"

Well singing is a talent and that's why I said talentless singers and not artists.

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

holy scheisse

I get it. Like she doesn't need to be so extra and operatic all the time lol. Even though she is a flawless powerhouse yes

Fernster7
3 hours ago, HairBow said:

A part of me believes that a pop song like Perfect Illusion did not chart so well because Gaga's vocals are too good. Ā The general population prefers to be able to sing along to pop songs, I think ... And Perfect Illusion is a hard song to sing along to compared to other pop songs. So I can understand the OP's opinion here if all they want from Gaga are some solid pop songs to bop along to.

THAT SAID, I love me some good vocals. Ā Gaga is taking her music to a place where I've wanted ever since I became a fan in 2009. So for me, I'm a happy fan. :)Ā 

Or because her vocals were annoying as hell when she kept screaming "It was a perfect illusion" for half of the song. That's why I think it flopped.Ā 

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

DeleteMyAccount
26 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Gaga pushed the boundaries as far as she could go when she got a girl to vomit on her in a performance. Where do you go from there? How can you shock people after that?Ā 

I believe that performance was a huge turning point in her career. The backlash was so bad, she was forced to reinvent herself and focus entirely on reminding everyone that she's a great singer.

I do sometimes miss when she put on really theatrical shows. But I also don't think she has abandoned that performance style completely. I think she is still in her damage control era and in future we will (hopefully) see a return to her artsy side - but this time it will probably be a lot less boundary-pushing, as she only seems to anger people when she does that.

Also, I feel like the "pushing the boundaries" thing has always been around, but it just seems that that style has become more mainstream these days. Gaga just isn't as different/odd as she was back in 2010. I don't want to be harsh, but I think she just started becoming sloppy beginning with ARTPOP(in some ways). EvenĀ the JW video seemed a bit random. I LOVE visuals, but I think Gaga should start putting out visuals that make sense. Not that they can't be wild and crazy too.

I love the visuals in this video because they're so beautiful and dark. And the ending was so unexpected..Ā 

The same goes with Lorde and many other artists today. I just think Gaga could do A LOT better. Especially after you compare this video to Perfect Illusion and MRs.Ā 

venusxillusion
1 hour ago, Slayer said:

I agree...I think she realized that she had pushed her shock value/art house/avant garde performance art pieces as far as she could within the pop world during ARTPOP. Ā There wasn't much further she could go after being immortalized in a Jeff Koons sculpture and having video installations in the Louvre. Ā And she's matured a lot since then....I think she's more interested in expressing her maturity and womanhood now, and exploring her natural talents, but she's still a theatre kid at heart so she will always have a theatrical flair. Ā I think the Super Bowl performance was a great combination of both, and it's her most acclaimed performance so far

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. Now when she sings her older pop songs in their original form her voice sounds so out of place. It's almost shrill. I like vocalGa but I do miss the old days where she was more into melodies then showing off her vocal prowess (she used to show off her vocal abilities in the past as well but not to this extent). I think JazzGa really changed her vocal tone in general too. It's much more sharp, loud and almost shrieky which many ppl on this site seem to enjoy. I for one really REALLY prefer her softer smoother vocals but I do enjoy some rasp and stuff once in a while so I'm ok with her voice in general.

Archived