đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Charts Discussion - Track "Applause" here!

Jase

Featured Posts

Harry

:eek: Daft Punk sold 114k which now brings their total up to 606k

Holy **** this song is a monster. Will be interesting to see how well their album does in comparison.

When was the last time a song managed 4 weeks with 100k+ ? :S

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jase

Holy **** this song is a monster. Will be interesting to see how well their album does in comparison.

https://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a482214/daft-punk-tipped-to-break-oasis-record-for-fastest-selling-uk-album.html

I mean, I'm predicting around what Gaga did first week with BTW, but if it even comes close to Oasis... :eek:

Harry

https://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a482214/daft-punk-tipped-to-break-oasis-record-for-fastest-selling-uk-album.html

I mean, I'm predicting around what Gaga did first week with BTW, but if it even comes close to Oasis... :eek:

Yeah someone posted about that before, I just can't see it tbh. I would personally be impressed if they hit 200k in the current sales climate, which is definitely possible. Oasis' sales were impressive for that time. An album doing over 600k in 2013 where most albums barely scrape 100k first week would be INSANE. I feel like for an album to beat Oasis' record, George Harrison and John Lennon would have to come back to life and reform The Beatles, bring back Elvis and MJ too and make a collab album Maybe not but you catch my drift. I think the bookies are just taking advantage of what is apparently the biggest hit in a long time to make some money.

Jase

Yeah someone posted about that before, I just can't see it tbh. I would personally be impressed if they hit 200k in the current sales climate, which is definitely possible. Oasis' sales were impressive for that time. An album doing over 600k in 2013 where most albums barely scrape 100k first week would be INSANE. I feel like for an album to beat Oasis' record, George Harrison and John Lennon would have to come back to life and reform The Beatles, bring back Elvis and MJ too and make a collab album Maybe not but you catch my drift. I think the bookies are just taking advantage of what is apparently the biggest hit in a long time to make some money.

Agreed with everything :yes:

:lmao: @ the bold. I legit burst out laughing because it's true :hehe:

Jase

Naughty Boy and Sam Smith now increasing their lead over Daft Punk. REALLY glad they're doing well because it's an amazing record!

Harry

Agreed with everything :yes:

:lmao: @ the bold. I legit burst out laughing because it's true :hehe:

It is just crazy though. Jokes aside I can't think of anyone that could pull numbers like that today. I mean, I'd think of people like Adele and Take That to get closest, not Daft Punk.

I feel like for an album to beat Oasis' record, George Harrison and John Lennon would have to come back to life and reform The Beatles, bring back Elvis and MJ too and make a collab album

Wasn't that Oasis album the folllow-up to the one that sold 4.6 million (just like Adele).

Adele might have had a shot - with a quality and timely follow-up, good publicity, and an Xmas season release. Though maybe too many fans buying 21 as a one-album wonder.

Tommymonster44

what is the fuss around Daft Punk, Nobody cared about them before but why now? they weren't huge

The tron soundtrack made them click with a lot of young mainstream listeners.  It made their style sound really cool and popular. They've always had a slightly more underground following, though.

Jase

iTunes Update

01. La La La (feat. Sam Smith) - Naughty Boy

02. Get Lucky (Radio Edit) [feat. Pharrell Williams] - Daft Punk

03. Let Her Go - Passenger

04. Can't Hold Us (feat. Ray Dalton) - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

05. We Own It (Fast & Furious) [feat. Wiz Khalifa] - 2 Chainz

06. Waiting All Night (feat. Ella Eyre) - Rudimental

07. This Is What It Feels Like (feat. Trevor Guthrie) - Armin van Buuren

08. Play Hard (feat. Ne-Yo & Akon) - David Guetta

09. Heart Attack - Demi Lovato

10. So Good To Me (Radio Edit) - Chris Malinchak

11. Blackout (feat. Shakka) - Wretch 32

12. Dear Darlin' - Olly Murs

13. Endorphins (feat. Alex Clare) - Sub Focus

14. You & Me (feat. Eliza Doolittle) - Disclosure

15. I Need Your Love (feat. Ellie Goulding) - Calvin Harris

16. Only Teardrops (Eurovision 2013 - Denmark) - Emmelie de Forest

17. Hey Porsche - Nelly

18. Get Lucky (feat. Pharrell Williams) - Daft Punk

19. #thatPOWER (feat. Justin Bieber) - will.i.am

20. Still Into You - Paramore

21. #Beautiful (feat. Miguel) - Mariah Carey

22. Just Give Me a Reason (feat. Nate Ruess) - P!nk

23. Young and Beautiful - Lana Del Rey

24. Pompeii - Bastille

25. Only Teardrops (Eurovision 2013 - Denmark) - Emmelie de Forest

26. Slip - Stooshe

27. When I Was Your Man - Bruno Mars

28. Feel This Moment (feat. Christina Aguilera) - Pitbull

29. Bring Me to Life - Evanescence

30. Radioactive - Imagine Dragons

31. Ordinary People - John Legend

32. How Ya Doin'? (feat. Missy Elliott) - Little Mix

33. Mirrors - Justin Timberlake

34. No Diggity - Blackstreet & Dr. Dre

35. Blurred Lines (feat. T.I. & Pharrell) - Robin Thicke *Pre-order

36. Attracting Flies - AlunaGeorge

37. Need U (100%) [feat. A*M*E] [Radio Edit] - Duke Dumont

38. Ho Hey - The Lumineers

39. Gentleman - PSY

40. Use Somebody - Kings of Leon

Bubbling Under

48. The City - The 1975

55. Power Trip (feat. Miguel) - J Cole

64. Laura Palmer - Bastille

Harry

Wasn't that Oasis album the folllow-up to the one that sold 4.6 million (just like Adele).

Adele might have had a shot - with a quality and timely follow-up, good publicity, and an Xmas season release. Though maybe too many fans buying 21 as a one-album wonder.

Yeah but I doubt Adele would reach that amount. I don't think it's possible for anyone tbh. If 696k was huge in 1997 then it seems unreachable now. Plus Oasis were arguably bigger then than Adele is now.

glitterintheair

Justin needs to release a new single and promote it on the Britain's Got Talent Finale to put some life back into the album's sales. A Graham Norton performance/interview would be amazing too.

1st June - Britain's Got Talent

7th June - The Graham Norton Show

I can dream  :cry: 

i agree.. everyone's kinda.. "onto the next" now. i'm not sure how the second volume of 20/20 will do. he's not got much time between now and then to release a third single from this volume! but then again in the USA mirrors is only now gaining momentum so...

Harry

i agree.. everyone's kinda.. "onto the next" now. i'm not sure how the second volume of 20/20 will do. he's not got much time between now and then to release a third single from this volume! but then again in the USA mirrors is only now gaining momentum so...

Exactly! I mean if they pushed a European only single at the very top of next month it could work, then the new single from Vol 2 will presumably be released in time for a VMA performance - which has just reminded me - his new album is likely gonna be in direct competition with ARTPOP if we can assume their singles will be out at a similar time for the VMAs :excited2: 

SomethingMore

How is Y&B doing? 

I want it in the top 10 so badly.

StrawberryBlond

Daft Punk's sales are absolutely astounding. Looks like they'll overtake Macklemore this week to take the spot of biggest selling UK single. Who'd have thought that a disco song released today would get so much success? I'm wondering if the older generation are also responsible for the huge sales because it's so reminiscent of the music around when they were young.

Exactly! I mean if they pushed a European only single at the very top of next month it could work, then the new single from Vol 2 will presumably be released in time for a VMA performance - which has just reminded me - his new album is likely gonna be in direct competition with ARTPOP if we can assume their singles will be out at a similar time for the VMAs :excited2:

That's what I'm afraid of - direct competition with Justin. However, Justin has had a long break and appeals to his longtime fans (most of them in their 20's and older now) and Gaga's still establishing herself and is gaining fans all the time, so she'd probably sell more. I have been rather surprised by Justin's lackluster sales but it's probably because he might have fallen out of favour with the current youth of today because he's been away so long and word's probably got around that the album's very chilled out and retro and that's not what most of the public want. It'll be very weird if he only releases two singles for his first installment as it'll seem like the album was just abandoned suddenly despite there being more hit potential there. I have the feeling that Gaga won't be releasing an album in September, though, so we'll be out of the woods on that front.

Dawson

Hmm, so VV Brown is finally back...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKy4hkFCVWI

What do we think?

Archived