Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
celeb

Lana ditching USA flag visuals due to Trump

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

NCgaga
2 minutes ago, drinkmytears said:

It might be ignorant, but it is what's happening. I am in England, central London to be exact. I do not base the whole country on Trump, I love many Americans. However, many people are looking down on America and I cannot say I am proud of America right now. Young people did vote, they voted for Hillary. The Electoral College voted for Trump thanks to Russia's interference! 

Actually no. Young people did not vote in this election. In fact, the Young vote was way down from last election. 

America doesn't need Citizens of other countries to be proud of them. We do need to hold our relationships together though. Trump needs to do better at interacting. HOwever, THe US is and will be the largest and strongest consumerist economy for a very long time. Europe and China are very dependent on that. If the American economy crashes, China's and the EU's comes tumbling down with it. This is why allies remain in tact, regardless of who's president. 

Finally, I'm not going to judge the people of the UK, based on their government's decision to Brexit, so you shouldn't judge Americans on Trump. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The flag represents where ur from not whos President.  Idk seems silly. I put my flag out still. Im still American.

5 minutes ago, NCgaga said:

Actually no. Young people did not vote in this election. In fact, the Young vote was way down from last election. 

America doesn't need Citizens of other countries to be proud of them. We do need to hold our relationships together though. Trump needs to do better at interacting. HOwever, THe US is and will be the largest and strongest consumerist economy for a very long time. Europe and China are very dependent on that. If the American economy crashes, China's and the EU's comes tumbling down with it. This is why allies remain in tact, regardless of who's president. 

Finally, I'm not going to judge the people of the UK, based on their government's decision to Brexit, so you shouldn't judge Americans on Trump. 

Can't we just agreed that both are stupid? And I say this as a British guy (who obviously voted Remain)

Slayer
9 hours ago, Dominic Marc said:

On one hand it is understandable because it must be difficult to feel patriotism for a country you feel is diminishing under a Trump administration but on the other it equates the flag to such extremism and gives power to it, allowing it to define those values. Surely you would reject Trump and not the American values the flag symbolises? 

I'm not American so maybe i'm way off but :shrug:

But what is a country without its people? The people define what makes a free country and the people voted for Trump. I can completely understand why Lana doesn't feel patriotic right now. This Trump administration is not what America should be about, but it is. So that is what America stands for right now.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Sam Dey

I thought she ditched them because she decided to do something different and original for once :reductive:

MJHolland
4 hours ago, Slayer said:

But what is a country without its people? The people define what makes a free country and the people voted for Trump. I can completely understand why Lana doesn't feel patriotic right now. This Trump administration is not what America should be about, but it is. So that is what America stands for right now.

:oprah:

To put it in Trump's words, wrong 

The people elected Hillary Clinton to be the 45th president of the United States by a margin on 3 million votes. We do not stand for Trump's administration, which by all accounts looks like it's on its way out. 

Side note, if Lana cares so much about this, why did she wait until October 2016 to give a lame endorsement to Hillary???

This seems so fake. Like she acts so upset about Trump but she wasn't volunteering to talk to voters? She wasn't knocking doors or making calls for Hillary? She wasn't registering ppl to vote? She wasn't up there like Katy or even Gaga? 

Seems like bs to me

freebit

I could never get a bead on her Americana schtick. Sometimes I thought her use of it was a bit ironic in the first place (ex; she mentions crystal meth in American), but then she would use it to romanticize the past, like the monologue in Ride, but once again, I didn't if she was for real, or just doing it because it made sense for the "character" of Lana Del Rey.

misunderstood

Sad :(

It sucks that one president can make people hate their own country.

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

misunderstood
5 hours ago, KingOfTheClouds said:

The flag represents where ur from not whos President.  Idk seems silly. I put my flag out still. Im still American.

I agree with this.

1280px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

Lona Delery
26 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

:oprah:

To put it in Trump's words, wrong 

The people elected Hillary Clinton to be the 45th president of the United States by a margin on 3 million votes. We do not stand for Trump's administration, which by all accounts looks like it's on its way out. 

Side note, if Lana cares so much about this, why did she wait until October 2016 to give a lame endorsement to Hillary???

This seems so fake. Like she acts so upset about Trump but she wasn't volunteering to talk to voters? She wasn't knocking doors or making calls for Hillary? She wasn't registering ppl to vote? She wasn't up there like Katy or even Gaga? 

Seems like bs to me

She only ever said we should research both Trump and Hillary and decide what's best for the country, which is, in my opinion, a better approach than Katy and Gaga did. It's a much more sensible approach than praise Hillary as if she was the 2nd coming when she's clearly not and demonize Trump.

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

HOTNebraskaGuy

You guys are so embarrassing :eww:

You don't celebrate/appreciate America because you don't feel represented by the government? Did you see the republicans being drama queens and hating America for the past 8 years? Not having the president you want is something you're going to have to get used to, that's what America is all about. Everyone has their own ideas and opinions and it's important that everyone be represented at one point or another. 

One, five, ten lay a million on me

Buddy

Most people who are in-your-face with the American flag are Trump supporters, so sadly the flag has become synonymous with those sorts of people to many. It's a logical association, but letting this persist will only make the flag associate with them even more.

My issue with Lana's comments is that the US is so immensely diverse that while the presidency may be a joke, there is still boundless stuff to take be grateful for and take pride in. If we're talking politics, more than half of the US does not support Trump - his is approval rating is like 30 something percent and he did not win the popular vote, so it is foolish to make the US's defining factor TRUMP. Isn't that what he wants?

This country is more than just a presidency, it is one of the most diverse countries in the world with cultures and experiences that vary hugely from state to state. It was the first secular democracy in the world with rich stories that extend 50 states with their own set of laws and culture. What about our stories? What about our freedom or press? What about us having one of the most diverse states in the world?

Those who fail to see how privileged we are to live in a secular democracy with a large economy probably don't realize that 80% of the population (5.6 billion people) live on less than $10 a day. 

HOTNebraskaGuy
5 hours ago, Slayer said:

The people voted for Hillary though, so that's where you're wrong. It was an electoral win, not a popular one. 

One, five, ten lay a million on me

Buddy
Just now, HOTNebraskaGuy said:

The people voted for Hillary though, so that's where you're wrong. It was an electoral win, not a popular one. 

This. Even if she only got half, that would be 150 million people. To completely paint an entire country with the other side, disregarding 150 million people who are on your side and lacking pride in your country is disrespectful and self defeating to say the least.

Archived