Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Part 4)

Americano

Featured Posts

Americano

I was trolling, lol. Madonna isn't going #1.

I thought WHYB would've done better than it is. Meh.

Decent hit, but nothing to call home about.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Americano

• Ozzy8923

• Klou

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone familiar with how US Top-40 radio works? Can they play any song they want or does the record label have control over that? I called my local radio station a couple weeks ago, wondering if they could play "Judas" for me. The said that they don't have it?! I was moderately confused by that...it's been played on the radio before?

I don't know specifically how it works, but I know they can't play whatever they want. I think labels give them a list of music that they want to *happen* then give them a bunch of incentives to play it, like concert tickets, CDs to give out, etc.

My dad was a radio DJ and he got told what to play and when to play it at all times ;(

Heard Rihanna is working on her 7th album.

Kinda excited, I liked TTT better than Loud lol

I don't know specifically how it works, but I know they can't play whatever they want. I think labels give them a list of music that they want to *happen* then give them a bunch of incentives to play it, like concert tickets, CDs to give out, etc.

My dad was a radio DJ and he got told what to play and when to play it at all times ;(

THIS is what bothers me about radio in the US. It's completely run by the record labels. What ever happened to playing songs that your listeners want to hear? I think radio stations play songs that have the greatest appeal...songs that are likely to "catch" the most amount of people as they are channel surfing. If I ran a radio station, I would play a song (assuming I had the rights to play it) for just a single request ;)

What a shame though...you know our radio is screwy when "Call Me Maybe" has been number one for almost three weeks now and "Marry the Night" barely made it into the Top 30. This next album will hopefully SLAY :cool:

Edited by Metrix

Americano

Heard Rihanna is working on her 7th album.

Kinda excited, I liked TTT better than Loud lol

Lol oh gosh Rihanna. So many albums.

I love Wide Awake now. lol.

:lala:

And those DJ's will be getting Lady Gaga US tour tickets soon to play her new single. :party:

Pay dem Interscope.

Edited by Americano

Arturo

I've got it on repeat. Singing along with my flawless vocals :lala:

I'm sure they're better than Katy's :lolgaga:

Beliebers are making a fuss out of Believe gonig #1 on 26 iTunes charts :roll:

Jase

I'm sure they're better than Katy's :lolgaga:

Beliebers are making a fuss out of Believe gonig #1 on 26 iTunes charts :roll:

:rofl:

Speaking of Bieber, I like his collab with Minaj on his new album :wtf:

I think radio stations play songs that have the greatest appeal...songs that are likely to "catch" the most amount of people as they are channel surfing.

Even more, it's about rejecting that risky or unusual song that may make some turn the dial.

They'd rather play a known tested commodity.

:rofl:

Speaking of Bieber, I like his collab with Minaj on his new album :wtf:

Is the album good? Haven't listened to it yet.

Jase

Is the album good? Haven't listened to it yet.

I don't intend to listen, but his collabs with Nicki and Big Sean are actually really good. I was surprised.