• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Americano

• Ozzy8923

• Klou

Top Posters In This Topic

Oyemiamor

I find it silly that people are throwing out numbers for an album that we practically know zilch about. :flop:

It's like picking the winning lottery number for tomorrow's lotto!

Lots of new music coming out this year. Seems to me like a lot more than I remember in recent years. Should be interesting to see sales for individual artists in an over saturated market.

• If the record is released while Gaga is still touring, then there will not be a lot of promo before or during the album's release. Remember, BTW was released when TMB was over so she had time to promote properly.

:usrs:

TMB ended just two or three weeks before the album was released. Gaga has some breaks in her touring schedule to do the same thing for the next album.

jhonyguy04

I'm not here for RedOne after those abominations known as "Hair" and "Judas" :wtf:

Judas was great, but Hair, holy...what a horrible production!!

And it's a shame because "Hair" was a great song before it was killed by the production.

"Judas" is mediocre with or without better production.

Arturo

• There is not 9 months worth of constant hype going into this album (If it is true that it will be released this year or early next year).
  • There will most likely not be as many songs released before the actual album. Before BTW was released, we had: MTN, BTW, GH preview, Judas, Scheisse remix, Hair, Electric Chapel, The Edge of Glory, You and I. That's almost half the album.
  • There will most likely be no Farmville promo, Amazon discount, Best Buy special, and another deal that I don't remember.
  • If the record is released while Gaga is still touring, then there will not be a lot of promo before or during the album's release. Remember, BTW was released when TMB was over so she had time to promote properly.

:usrs:

That is why I said WITHOUT amazon. And Farmville wasn't promo. I don't see it as promo. No regular person went ooh if I do this I can hear a new Gaga song! Only fans (fans that were already planning on buying the album) went to Farmville to hear the new songs. Fans only knew about GH, Scheisse, MTN, EC etc. So only the singles released on iTunes count for the general public.

jhonyguy04

And it's a shame because "Hair" was a great song before it was killed by the production.

"Judas" is mediocre with or without better production.

I loved the lyrics of hair, and i even love the acoustic version. but when i hear the album version, its just a bunch of ****ing noise put together. it reminds me of girls run the world by beyonce. too much going on. if hair would have had a nice dance/electric production, it could have been one of her best songs.

Yes, but Gaga's fan base is not as big as it seems. If ONLY fans know about an album release than you really can't expect 800K. I mean look at Rihanna and Katy Perry, even with huge lead singles and a loyal fan base their opening week sales were around the 200k mark. If Gaga were to have a huge lead single and have most of her fans buy an album opening week, then expect AT MOST three times those sales, around 600K.

I loved the lyrics of hair, and i even love the acoustic version. but when i hear the album version, its just a bunch of ****ing noise put together. it reminds me of girls run the world by beyonce. too much going on. if hair would have had a nice dance/electric production, it could have been one of her best songs.

"I want lots of friends that invites me to their parties" :wtf:

And why are ya'll hating on Judas? One of the best songs on BTW.

Just A Holy Fool

Judas was great, but Hair, holy...what a horrible production!!

Yes, anyone who slights Judas deserves to be stoned :nails:

Hair on the piano is amazing though, the studio version is just a cheese fest.

Americano

Lady Gaga is not nearly as popular as she was pre-BTW, there's no way she's even nearing 800,000 first week. She could barely do that without Amazon when she WAS still really popular.

That status she had back in 2011 is long gone after months of mismanagement and negative overexposure.

Edited by Americano

Arturo

Lady Gaga is not nearly as popular as she was pre-BTW, there's no way she's even nearing 800,000 first week. She could barely do that without Amazon when she WAS still really popular.

That status she had back in 2011 is long gone after months of mismanagement and negative overexposure.

You're acting as though EVERYONE hates HER.

The general public just hated Judas and MTN. it wasn't anything personal towards her.

jhonyguy04

Americano!! lol, i love you, but stop saying so much misinformation. she hardly made it to 800,000....but she did have a 800,000+ debut w/out the amazon deal. what you mean barely?? but i agree with the second statement though.

Americano

You're acting as though EVERYONE hates HER.

The general public just hated Judas and MTN. it wasn't anything personal towards her.

Logically, it doesn't even make sense to believe she could sell so much. Coming off of one of the biggest hype machines in pop history, along with fuel from the biggest pop-album era in recent memory, she would have NOT even hit 800k without special deals.

Now, coming from an era with negative backlash and post-"it" girl status, she's somehow going to pull that much?

Americano!! lol, i love you, but stop saying so much misinformation. she hardly made it to 800,000....but she did have a 800,000+ debut w/out the amazon deal. what you mean barely?? but i agree with the second statement though.

Actually, your numbers are the inaccurate ones. Not mine.