💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Times When You Almost Burned Your Stan Card

C1trus

Featured Posts

GypsyBabe

Never. 

When I love an artist, then I am there with them for the long haul...through all of their metamorphoses. 

Sure, some things that they do can make me disappointed, but I don't let it bother me because the next thing will probably be fantastic. 

For me, "stanning" an artist as you say, does not mean blindly loving everything that they do, but rather finding the positive aspects of things that they do. I'm not a fan of The Fame (minus the Fame Monster), and am not a particular fan of her "persona" during that era (i.e. interviews), but I respect her work and have learned to find particular songs and performances that have brought that era to life for me. 

So, no, I wouldn't "burn my stan card" over the little things, or songs that I don't like. Or interviews that are awkward. Or music videos that are not to my liking (ARTPOP film). Or an album that isn't really my sound (The Fame). Or a performance that is cancelled/postponed. I just don't take those things too seriously because I have always been a fan of true "artists", who are brave enough to be "different" and not give their fans everything that they want. 

As Gaga has said recently, "I allow myself to fail"...that is rare for a person and something to be admired. 

⚯͛

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheKillerQueen

When she went political. 

The MR music Video. 

Lace up my boots, throw on some leather and cruise.

SlaeUrAnus

I'd never burn it, just sometimes I stamp all over it in frustration and then pick it up and tell it I am sorry :selena: 

In my messy era.

Eurotrash

The Cure being the new music she'd been working on before Coachella

Million Reasons (Agsdgbvarukbgelli Remix) at Coachella

ARTPOP app

Ronk

Never.  Some who have been here for years know I actually have a stan card.  It might be the first physical stan card ever made (I brag).  I made it because people kept talking about burning their stan cards, and I wanted one that would never be burned.  http://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/110336-gaga-stan-cards/

Seems silly now, but I still may update it.  I never claimed to be sane.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Vergil

After Perfect Illusion's cover, audio and music video:poot:. During the whole Joanne era:poot: til I accepted it. During the filming of ASIB:poot:. After all the meltdowns I'm not a stan anymore just I follow some of the things she does like a routine but without excitement.:duck:

EDIT: I forgot TIHTY, yes it has message and that stuff, but is the most boring thing that has happened in her career.

The Surrealist

After she completely changed her way on Hollywood, beauty standards and lost her communication to her fans. Like end of 2015, whole 2016.

migamiga

Release of BTW single, BTW album cover, ARTPOP cover, ARTPOP blackout, post C2C/pre LG5 era, release of PI, realizing Joanne wouldn't be dance pop, MR video :madge:

Guest bostonGUY

I burned my Nightwish stan card

Along with my Taylor Swift stan card. 

But for Gaga? Never will I again

BgRaEgTaT

I’ve never seriously considered burning it, but the closest was in 2015-2016 when she started changing her appeal to being more of a vocalist than a performance artist. Don’t get me wrong, I really respected her oscars performance and cheek to cheek, and I understand why she did it (ARTPOP era hurt her image) but what I loved about gaga was her visuals, her performances, her being perceived as a controversial artist who broke the rules...

Although she’s still acting more “innocent” than she used to, she still gives me hope of returning to a more edgy vibe (John Wayne video, Coachella visuals) so I guess we’ll just see what she does next...

AJH219

Never because unlike most of the people on this site, I have a real life outside of Lady Gaga :awkney: Honestly, thinking back, she's only ever done one thing that made me go "wyd girl?" and that was when she scrapped Venus in favor of Do What U Want. Otherwise, I don't let the things she does personally affect me. 

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

The Surrealist
36 minutes ago, F AM E said:

Release of BTW single, BTW album cover, ARTPOP cover, ARTPOP blackout, post C2C/pre LG5 era, release of PI, realizing Joanne wouldn't be dance pop, MR video :madge:

Why are you still stanning her? You obviously don't like her music direction.

migamiga
Just now, Dale Cooper said:

Why are you still stanning her? You obviously don't like her music direction.

I'm just an old fan clinging to the past, to be real. But I'm still around cause she's a true artist and a talented performer/vocalist/musician. She will go down as a legend and I owe her a lot for giving me the courage to follow my dreams.

Archived