💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I don't get the Honeymoon hate on here

n0ne

Featured Posts

n0ne

I was shocked to see there's hate for Huntymoon on GGD. Especially after the critical acclaim it got, the Lana fans/stans I know in real life love it with some like me, thinking it's her best album, and GGD loving High by the Beach. It seem like the hate came out of nowhere suddenly.

And most of the hate comes from Ultraviolence stans. Who bash Honeymoon because they think "it's too bland", "it's songs sound too similar", and "it's songs are too slow paced". Which is humorously ironic because those main criticisms fit Ultraviolence more. Ultraviolence to me is a grower album and even after it has grown on me, it's still Lana's weakest album. Don't get me wrong I appreciate and love all Lana's albums in their own respects, but Ultraviolence doesn't seem as interesting and fulfilling as her other albums.

Born to Die/Paradise were my favorite Lana albums until Honeymoon came out. And while these 2 albums have more iconic songs, I think Honeymoon is the best because it blends the style and elements of BTD/PD with some of the style and elements of Ultraviolence while still sounding like it's own fresh and modern work. And is thoroughly consistent album; it's lows never really dive low or sink to the same depths as her other albums and it's highs are on par with her other albums, if not better in some cases.

Plus Honeymoon brought back the cinematic videography that was kinda lacking during Ultraviolence.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
actsleazy
1 minute ago, Jonathan Wayne said:

Who is Honneymoon?:oprah:

lana del rey's best album

Spoiler

k maybe that was a reach but its bangin :sis:

💓💗💕💘💖💞💘💖💞💘💝💓💖💘💞💗💓💖

Poissonche

Not sure if I prefer Ultraviolence or Honeymoon, but I DON'T GET THE HATE EITHER. I LOVE BOTH. HONEYMOON IS ****ING GREAT except if you're looking at shirtless hot men doing outdoors work on your neighbour's yard in June 2016 and Music To Watch Boys To comes on and you feel creepy as ****. Other than that, it's so perfect. Wow. YAAAS.

Jonathan Wayne
2 minutes ago, actsleazy said:

lana del rey's best album

Hide contents

k maybe that was a reach but its bangin :sis:

I see, time for me to leave:lana:

Dominic

UV and HM were both lacklustre for life.

This new one sounds more on par with her earlier works. Either way they don't sound all that different if im being honest.  

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

n0ne
3 minutes ago, M3LL155X said:

bc Ultraviolence is better :lana:

wow very insightful

giphy.gif

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

EdgeofTeeth

I LOVE Honeymoon, it's so gorgeous and cinematic. It sounds like a soundtrack to a classic movie.

Justo

Honeymoon is the only album of Lana that I don't own or have in my iTunes. That's all I have to say about it. :gum:

Archived