BTW cured a man's Homophobia

yASSsss

Featured Posts

yASSsss

Lady Gaga in her song "Born This Way" belts these lines:

"I'm beautiful in my way;

'Cause God makes no mistakes;

I'm on the right track, baby I was born this way."

These lyrics remind me of a very personal and life-altering experience with my best friend in college. We were inseparable, rummaging through record stores, browsing Goodwill locations for cheap clothes, sharing laughs in the dorm and debating politics. He was like a brother to me, and I felt deep sadness when he and I went separate ways, me to law school and him to a doctoral program in clinical psychology. 

He was the son of a Baptist preacher, a talented piano player with a quick wit and big heart. We would joke about who had the quickest draw on Bible drills. (Southern Baptists know what I mean.) He was raised right by loving parents with strong Christian values. Our common childhood experiences, no doubt, forged a strong bond between us.

A few years later, my college buddy invited me to visit him before he completed his doctorate. I did, and we shared old stories and laughed well into the night. Then, to my surprise, he became very serious and announced he had something to tell me. Quietly and earnestly, he said, "I've been hiding a secret all my life. I pray you will remain my friend no matter what I'm about to tell you. I'm gay."

I had classic, naive responses, something like, "Say what, bro? That's a joke, right? Come on, dude!"

Read the full story here 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Sunny

gaga ended homophobia, racism and world hunger and yall will deal 

I like dancin', and ponies....

OBEY
4 minutes ago, Sunny said:

gaga ended homophobia, racism and world hunger and yall will deal 

Yeah that's why some people today are still getting killed from all of these issues mentioned above lol

Sunny
Just now, OBEY said:

Yeah that's why some people today are still getting killed from all of these issues mentioned above lol

ZpYK7.gif

I like dancin', and ponies....

CakeLikeLG
18 minutes ago, OBEY said:

It still happens because the GP let The Cure underperform :grr:

live each day like Gaga might drop an album

Miracle

Queen of pop, jazz, country, folk, dance, electronic music, techno, avant-garde music and now, reputed doctor.

Archived