💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

About Ultraviolence & Honeymoon

katybathy

Featured Posts

TropicOfCANCER

I'm so sick of how overrated born to die is. The first half is excellent but the second is total filler. 

Ultraviolence is her masterpiece, and honeymoon is almost equally as strong. In fact, even though objectively I think UV is better production and lyric wise, I think I may prefer HM. Terrence is one of my all time favorite songs.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TropicOfCANCER
38 minutes ago, Eggs said:

Lana really excites me as an artist because she seems to improve with every release. The first half of Ultraviolence is incredible, but then the album sort of trails off, whereas I feel Honeymoon maintains a very high standard all the way through (and it contains my all time favourite Lana song in Terence Loves You)

Born To Die is fun with its dark melodrama but it seems a bit flimsy when put next to her other albums. Listening to Ultraviolence and Honeymoon honestly feels really luxurious for me, like I'm treating myself to something really rich and indulgent 

100% yes to all of this.

TropicOfCANCER
5 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

Ultraviolence is her best album and I don't think she'll ever top it. The 90s Dream Pop-Rock vibes were amazing.

I keep seeing people say the album is "90s" and "dream pop"...where? It's west coast rock with a 60s/70s influence :oprah:

notconfident

Yes.

Ultraviolence is her best album in my opinion and generally one of my favorite albums ever. On the other hand, I think Honeymoon was a huge letdown 

But I gotta say I prefer Honeymoon to Born To Die :sweat:

katybathy

right know i am listening to honeymoon again and Religion, Salvatore & The Blackest Day is the holy trinity :classy: but other than these three...... :saladga: 

katybathy
1 minute ago, notconfident said:

Yes.

Ultraviolence is her best album in my opinion and generally one of my favorite albums ever. On the other hand, I think Honeymoon was a huge letdown 

But I gotta say I prefer Honeymoon to Born To Die :sweat:

Of course y'all would say this because BTD is the oldest one but if it had been released in 2015, you would praise it to the moon and back 

notconfident
1 minute ago, katybathy said:

Of course y'all would say this because BTD is the oldest one but if it had been released in 2015, you would praise it to the moon and back 

Nah, I don't think so. BDT kinda sounds like her least honest album and songs from it remind me of 13 year old tumblr girls who desperately wanted to be cool 

Maybe it's just me, but I prefer the "bland" Lana over the more pop and modern Lana simply because my ears like that sound better

Sneaky Oliver

I love them both and I usually listen to them more often than BTD :classy: LFL is coming to slay me 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

sipthistea

According to me :poot:, these are Lana's best albums.

They're her most cohesive and introspective records, and the instrumentation is the best part of all. Ultraviolence is more of the vein of soft rock and Honeymoon goes for a trip hop sound. And she delivered some of her best songs with these albums like West Coast, Shades Of Cool, Freak and Music To Watch Boys To. 

Born To Die seems more like a collection of songs without any particular direction. Just like 3 or 4 songs are good. The rest is filler and boring. 

katybathy

From the songs we already got, I think LFL will be the poppiest but you Hennymoon lovers will adore it too im sure :selena: She's not even that cool anymore, those tumblr aesthetics etc are so 2012 :selena:why are you all trying so hard :selena:

Wixson

I couldn't stand Honeymoon back when it was released - listened to it once and ignored every song on it except High by the Beach. A few months ago I decided to give it another shot and I've been obsessed ever since. It might be my favorite Lana album, actually.

DaddyFranco
17 minutes ago, katybathy said:

From the songs we already got, I think LFL will be the poppiest but you Hennymoon lovers will adore it too im sure :selena: She's not even that cool anymore, those tumblr aesthetics etc are so 2012 :selena:why are you all trying so hard :selena:

Hating Lana del Rey was a thing in 2012 you ugly basic bastard

A D A M

Ultraviolence is her highest rated album. I see no lies there, its beautiful. She needs to do more pop-rock.

Honeymoon is cute, Art Deco is everything.

Archived