💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Can a performer have more than one comebacks?

XXXXX

Featured Posts

OMonster
Just now, hahahahahahahah said:

i feel like maybe katy perry's current era is putting ARTPOP into perspective for us? or are they doing the same? 

No, you're right. 

Witness IS a flop.

Comparatively, ARTPOP was far, far from it. 

subtext / fantasy

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndrewGr

Comeback is a marketing technique. Don't look too much into it, it can be differently branded every time depending on the artist/situation

LuvitLevit

Honestly guys, i think ASIB will do pretty well.   I don't think the budget is too high for a loss,  and the originals are cult classics among the GP.  LG6 or 7 may be the soundtrack,  which would have a mix of music,  some sounding like the cure.  This may be her Bodyguard honestly.   

tomdsgn
1 hour ago, BloodyGlory said:

I don't know any artists who had 2 or more comebacks. Do you?

"Comeback" is not an album in many years, it's a mega successful album after a flop album.

examples: Mariah Carey's Glitter (2001) and Charmbracelet (2002) flopped and then she had a comeback with The Emancipation of Mimi (2005). This was her first and only comeback.

Beyonce's 4 (2011) flopped and then she had a comeback with her self-titled visual album (2013)

4 was amazing tho :tony:

Yuuri

I'm pretty sure ASIB soundtrack will not flop. Heal Me sounds like a smash waiting to happen.

XXXXX
27 minutes ago, shoful said:

giphy.gif

tumblr_og2tapSCZT1u2gzw0o1_500.gif

/thread 

Madonna had a flop album before MDNA too?

XXXXX
1 hour ago, hahahahahahahah said:

i feel like maybe katy perry's current era is putting ARTPOP into perspective for us? or are they doing the same? 

Applause and CTTR were both #4 so

shoful
13 minutes ago, BloodyGlory said:

Madonna had a flop album before MDNA too?

Not really "flops" lol Bedtime Stories sold like 7mil WW and American Life sold 5mil WW :poot:but the albums after those were HUGE. 

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

XXXXX
Just now, shoful said:

Not really "flops" lol Bedtime Stories sold like 7mil WW and American Life sold 5mil WW :poot:but the albums after those were HUGE. 

Yesh, I mean she's never had a comeback tho

shoful
2 minutes ago, BloodyGlory said:

Yesh, I mean she's never had a comeback tho

Ray of Light is def a comeback album. Not a comeback in term of sales but in Being the forefront of music again. She's maintained very high sales until MDNA. 

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Werk

Why is no one mentioning Madge's American Life like for real it's pretty much a flop  :selena: 

JusKeepBreathin

Madonna 

Ray of Light and Confessions on a DanceFloor

Kylie Minogue

Fever and Aphrodite.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Coz usually an artist flops, the label drops. So it's not easy to see a comeback, for 2 times. If there is a certain artist who flopped 2 times and comeback 2 times, that means the flops were still profitable to the label so they didn't drop and continued to fund the next one. So basically no. None of the above mentioned albums are flops compared to industry standard. So no one could ever flop and come back 2 times. A real flop would have made the artist disappear from the industry. :nails:

StrawberryBlond

It is possible to have 2 comebacks. Madonna did it with Ray of Light and Confessions on a Dancefloor. Britney did it with In The Zone (her previous album and singles did really badly in America) and Blackout/Circus (whichever one you prefer).  But I can't think of anyone who had more than two. I think there's only so many times the public will give you another chance. Because the public are truly the ones behind the ability to make you have a comeback, not the fans. But once you've done it twice, it's like the public just gives up. Not completely, but enough to ensure that your time at the top is over.

Archived