Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

ChartMasters: Madonna Never Had An Massive Album

Lanius

Featured Posts

Lanius

No one can seriously doubt Madonna popularity, just like no one can seriously argue against the fact she is the best selling female artist of all-time. One ranking on which she is often overshadowed by several of her peers yet is the best selling studio album by a female artist. Incredibly enough, Whitney Houston, Shania Twain, Alanis Morissette, Celine Dion, Adele, Mariah Carey, Britney Spears, Norah Jones and soon both Tracy Chapman and Carole King all have at least one studio album that outsold every Madonna studio set. The latter biggest seller, True Blue, ends up being pushed out of the all-time Top 10 female studio albums.

While an unexperienced eye would conclude that Madonna never really had a true massive hit album, others will notice most of those female artists had one standout album that was well other the par inside their own discography.

Source:http://chartmasters.org/2016/06/cspc-madonna-popularity-analysis/

:reductive:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SlayGagaloo

but she outsold all of these names 

meaning she had more longevity! :emma:

Over.

AmericanGUY

True Blue exists tho :huh:

꧁ 𝕛'𝕧𝕖𝕦𝕩 𝕡𝕒𝕤 𝕞𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕚𝕣 𝕥𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕦𝕝𝕖 ꧂

leecy

cause she has numerous hits but not ONE standout massive hit that you have to sing for 2mil more times before you retire

Lanius
4 minutes ago, SlayGagaloo said:

but she outsold all of these names 

meaning she had more longevity! :emma:

Yes. She's more like Rihanna. Consistent but never the biggest seller. I was shocked that her biggest album is at 22 Million Pure sales.

Gov Hooka

The immaculate collection says hello... I'm pretty sure it's in the top 10 best selling female albums

leecy
1 minute ago, Gov Hooka said:

The immaculate collection says hello... I'm pretty sure it's in the top 10 best selling female albums

But that's a collection album

shoful
1 minute ago, Gov Hooka said:

Yeah but that's not a STUDIO album 

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Gov Hooka
3 minutes ago, shoful said:

Yeah but that's not a STUDIO album 

Mess but the bodyguard is a soundtrack and only contains six original whitneyh Houston songs yet they consider it a studio album for Whitney???

xoxo Craig

Wow, I thought she was supposed to be the Queen of Pop with multiple stand out hits:awkney: 

End Racism Now

Gov Hooka
2 minutes ago, leecy said:

But that's a collection album

A collection album that sold like 33 million copies. Impressive when considering that it contains songs from albums that each sold at least 15 million copies 

shoful
Just now, Gov Hooka said:

Mess but the bodyguard is a soundtrack and only contains six original whit eh Houston songs yet they consider it a studio album for Whitney???

Really??? I smell fake news by ChartMaster:poot:

The Queen stays unpressed tho:

tumblr_lseb7cDFn01qewqb3o1_500.gif

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Lanius
Just now, Gov Hooka said:

Mess but the bodyguard is a soundtrack and only contains six original whit eh Houston songs yet they consider it a studio album for Whitney???

You think people were buying that album for Lisa Stansfield and Kenny G:whitney:

Gov Hooka
Just now, Lanius said:

You think people were buying that album for Lisa Stansfield and Kenny G:whitney:

Gurl what are you talking about??? I bought it for Michelle Visage

Archived