Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

GGD's Nintendo Hub

Haroon

Featured Posts

Haroon
8 hours ago, Meruk Holland said:

That reminds me, I don't think I've ever given mine. Not that I'm ever online with the Switch :laughga:

Switch: SW-2582-6864-9206

46 minutes ago, Gia Gunn said:

I've been playing Odyssey non stop :poot: But I'll leave my friend code before I forget for when I get MK8 :lolly: 

SW-5725-7308-4792 (I have a toon link pic and my name's Matías :poot:)

Why do they still use this long ass codes tho

Sent requests to you guys :woohoo:

15 minutes ago, DiegoMonster said:

SW-1417-9205-8803 

add me everyone !! :D I’m online now 

Accepted! :yay: 

I’ll add all of you to the OP when I’m on my laptop later :nick:

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I maybe I’m buying the Switch in Europe next week because it’s like 50% cheaper than in Costa Rica and I’m having a doubt about the first game..

Zelda or Odyssey?

I have some general updates:

1. How many playing hours?

2. Season pass? DLCs? Will we get new content every few months? Nintendo is kinda new with this method of gaming.. 

3. Is it region free?

4. Achievements?

5. What is more fun between the 2 games?

I would be happy to read reviews too :) 

ps. I’m not using the laptop so I may reply very late..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

PrinceOfTheStorm
3 hours ago, Gardevoir said:

Team Comedy Wins The First Splatfest of 2018

tumblr_p2k4pltqVa1u3akyno2_1280.jpg

tumblr_p2k4pltqVa1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

The global Action vs. Comedy Splatfest results are in, and Team Comedy is laughing all the way to the bank with a 2-1 win! Thanks to everyone who participated!

I CAN’T EVER LOSE LMAO

signing out

2 minutes ago, River said:

So I maybe I’m buying the Switch in Europe next week because it’s like 50% cheaper than in Costa Rica and I’m having a doubt about the first game..

Zelda or Odyssey?

2. Season pass? DLCs? Will we get new content every few months? Nintendo is kinda new with this method of gaming.. 

3. Is it region free?

4. Achievements?

My first game was Zelda, I bought it when I bought my switch back in March! Both games are region free as the Switch itself is region free (someone correct me if I'm wrong?). Breath of the Wild is truly one of the best games I have ever played and is really artistic. They recently released the 2nd DLC for the game (which is story based) and I haven't played it yet but I did play the 1st DLC which was alright. If you really get into Zelda BOTW (which I'm sure you will!) you can easily get 60+ hours out of it, or a lot more if you're like me and love to 100% upgrade all of your gear and discover every location.

On the other hand, my gf and I have been trying to 100% Odyssey and its fantastic. We've been doing that since October and are around 90% done at this point but its been months :toofunny: I'm a bigger Zelda fan than I am a fan of Mario (bc I suck at classic Mario :laughga:) but Odyssey is SOO fun! Playing it casually and collecting whatever Power Moons you want as you go is so fun, there's a great element of exploration to it too, and capturing different creatures with Cappy is awesome and feels so fresh and new. There are over 10 main levels in Odyssey and the skill of Nintendo's level design is incredible. At first glance some worlds seem more plain, but there's always so many hidden paths or bonus levels to find. Mario definitely has more "achievements" as there are in total 999 Power moons to collect and in Zelda the achievements are more about completing all of the shrines (which I did and it was awesome) and, like I mentioned, getting all of the armor upgrades, which is a fun if not time consuming item-farming process.

I don't know of any DLC for Mario yet, maybe someone else does? I'm not really sure what they would add tbh.. :oprah:

Anyways I would recommend Zelda if you want to have an epic adventure and appreciate the small things like cooking food and solving really great puzzles in the 120 shrines and 4 main dungeons. Mario is more fun if you want a classic Super Mario Sunshine vibe and triple jump around beautiful levels but maybe feel more casual about it (until you start pulling out your hair during the many Koopa Races). That's just my opinion of these two instant classics though! Whatever you choose, you will have fun :unicorn:

PrinceOfTheStorm
2 hours ago, River said:

Zelda or Odyssey?

3. Is it region free?

4. Achievements?

I’ll give an overview of most games and basic info.

For Zelda and Odyssey. It’s a question of what do you think you’ll enjoy more. Open-world adventure or 3D platforming that is a sandbox. Personally, I found Zelda the better experience, as I’ve found WindWaker my favorite Zelda Game, and one of my personal favorites of all time. So I’m a little biased about Zelda, but Sunshine is also up there. I love both the sandbox Mario’s and 3D Zelda’s. It really depends on preference, but I’d say Zelda. This can tie into 5, it just really depends on what game you find more fun.

1. Playing hours depends on the game. @Haroon is about 140 hours into Zelda and has only beat 1/4 of it, but they are exploring basically every nook and cranny. My friend has about 220 hours into Xenoblade 2, but he did most of that doing exploration and side quests, and some people don’t like JRPGS. I’ve put 60 hours into Odyssey and I am doing a 100% run, not done but the story takes about 10-15 hours. Mario Rabbids is tactics game, I beat it in about 25 hours. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Splatoon 2 depends how much you enjoy the game, ranging from my time of Mario Kart to about 40 hours, while in Splatoon someone like @Gardevoir has 300, and one of my friends has 655. It just depends on preference. And this isn’t counting a lot of third party games. And to brag about Zelda, I made a second account JUST to start playing through it again.

If you are asking for Zelda and Mario specifically Mario lasts about 10-70 hours not counting more than one playthrough, and the majority of hours is from collecting. Zelda can range from start time-300 hours depending if you go straight for the end or 100% everything.

2. I think so far Mario Rabbids, Xenoblade and Zelda have Season Passes. I haven’t played Xeno so I can’t say anything about the gameplay or SP, but I have played Mario Rabbids, which will add a new world, character and story in an upgrade I believe, while standard SP gives new weapon packs and challenges? (Don’t quote me for it.) I’m picking up Zelda DLC  later, and it gives a lot of features but I’m pretty sure if people said it depends if you want more stuff do to or not. But from things I’ve seen it adds some good amount of content. Other games get DLC for free.

3. Games are Region Free, I’m in the USA and have a European Game. I think the games play depending on what language you set your Switch to.

4. From my play, I haven’t found achievements of any sorts.

You’ll have an amazing experience no matter which game you choose to buy. :hug:

signing out

PrinceOfTheStorm
5 minutes ago, lady arya said:

I don't know of any DLC for Mario yet, maybe someone else does? I'm not really sure what they would add tbh.. :oprah:

They are adding DLC in February, it’s in the mini direct, but I don’t find it interesting.

signing out

Haroon
26 minutes ago, Gia Gunn said:

*checking @Haroon's profile* : 270 hours on Splatoon 2 :deadbanana:  Is that what awaits me? :air: 

You haven’t seen @Gardevoir‘s “300 hours or more” then :rip: Splatoon just doesn’t get old for me, like I could easily switch on the first one on my Wii U and play that, each battle is different and the constant map changes and mode changes makes you explore different weapons and techniques and tactics. Plus even those keep changing because it depends what you’re opponents are doing too, so it just doesn’t get boring for me ever :toofunny: 

28 minutes ago, River said:

Zelda or Odyssey?

3. Is it region free?

4. Achievements?

Both are amazing games that any and every Switch owner should give a shot too or own in their library eventually :flutter: 

1. Zelda has more playing hours. SMO I finished pretty much completely in 50-55 hours I think but every minute was enjoyed and appreciated :worship2: On BoTW I have 160ish hours so far and I’m about halfway done (I think?) but that’s not including DLC or all of the quests.

2. SMO doesn’t have any DLC yet but they introduced a new competitive mode called Find the Balloon or something. Really hope they do add DLC though because there’s so much potential to do so much more even though they’ve still done a lot! BoTW has 2 DLC packs at the moment, haven’t gotten either yet because I’m waiting to finish the actual game but from what I’ve seen and heard they’re enjoyable :happy: No news on more yet but I don’t see why not to be honest

3. Yup the Switch isn't region locked :woot:

4. Each game may have its own achievements but there’s no achievement system on your Switch profile or Nintendo network profile :noparty:

5. Seriously can’t pick, they’re both amazing and some of the best games I’ve ever played :giveup: If you’re more into colourful Mario stuff then go for Mario, if you’re into more “realistic” stuff (slightly I guess, it’s still fantasy :toofunny:) and foraging and stuff then BoTW. If you can only get one that’s fine, you’ll probably still be amazed and happy with whatever you pick. Just be sure to get the other one later on when you can because they’re both worth every penny :saira: 

@lady arya @BabyMonster @Haroon

Thank you so much for your answers!!! 

It made more confused, so I think I will just buy both lol :laughga: 

The 3 of you just hyped me even more!!

It sounds like the Switch brings new and fresh gaming experience and this is what I’m looking for in a console.

Now I just need to finish Ultra Moon so I’ll  focus on the Switch :) 

I played all Zelda’s games so I’m ready for a new adventure and Mario is with me since I was 3 years old, I love this nostalgia mixed with news things, only Nintendo can do that!

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

PrinceOfTheStorm
22 minutes ago, Haroon said:

Just be sure to get the other one later on when you can because they’re both worth every penny :saira: 

And then Metroid and Pokémon will also be worth every penny.

Nintendo kings of trying to make worth of the penny to society.

signing out

LADYGAGASHOOCK
On 2018-01-11 at 10:33 PM, BabyMonster said:

I NEVER FINISHED TROPICAL FREEZE. If it’s full retail though... I’ll pass :interestinga:

And the Mario Rabbids DLC character is DK? Weird choice... :laughga: You’ll know if you play the game why it’s weird.

Mario Tennis Ace sounds a little promising considering Story Mode. Watch it be better than BOTW’s.

Woah, Mario DLC! But it looks kinda lame tbh. Fun for like 5 minutes maybe...

Also we get a release for Kirby, but not an update on Yoshi. I thought that game looked pretty complete at E3. Also considering Kirby seems more fun with friends to play with, I might pass.. IDK it’s a great concept, but eh, you might not get the full experience with computers...

”Wicked” I thought it was an update on Bayonetta 3. OMG DARK SOULS HAD ME SHOOKT.

I don’t plan on buying Pokken but it seems promising.

Biggest complaint, why bring Hyrule Warriors when we have Fire Emblem Warriors? Weird move considering they are both the same type of game. 

Because it’s better:lolga: Instant buy for me:hor:

PrinceOfTheStorm
Just now, LADYGAGASHOOCK said:

Because it’s better:lolga: Instant buy for me:hor:

I haven’t played either. I might look into both. :happy:

signing out

LADYGAGASHOOCK
20 minutes ago, BabyMonster said:

I haven’t played either. I might look into both. :happy:

Oh, just a heads up! 

If SUPER lame EXTREMELY mushy  friendship talk like ”We are stronger together or my heart is my friends heart” is not the thing for you. I would advise you NOT to spend money on Fire Emblem Warriors:toofunny: . The characters are LAME AF in story mode blabbering about that on repeat,on a continuous loop:saladga: I played it for about 3 hours and was so turned off by it (CRINGEDT:cryga:) that I insisted on a refund:toofunny:

Buy Hyrule Warriors when it comes out:), the story is impressive/dramatic and your ears won’t bleed of cringey friendship talk:icega::rip:

Haroon

@lady arya @LADYGAGASHOOCK What are your Switch friend codes? :flutter:

8 hours ago, River said:

@lady arya @BabyMonster @Haroon

Thank you so much for your answers!!! 

It made more confused, so I think I will just buy both lol :laughga: 

The 3 of you just hyped me even more!!

It sounds like the Switch brings new and fresh gaming experience and this is what I’m looking for in a console.

Now I just need to finish Ultra Moon so I’ll  focus on the Switch :) 

I played all Zelda’s games so I’m ready for a new adventure and Mario is with me since I was 3 years old, I love this nostalgia mixed with news things, only Nintendo can do that!

You're welcome and glad to have you joining our family soon :kara: 

Literally if you ask most Switch players they'll have the same answer to the "Zelda or Mario?" question:

c7NJRa2.gif

:rip:

PrinceOfTheStorm

It just hit me so hard.. :shocked:

I WANT SOME ANNOUNCEMENT ON PIKMIN 4 AT E3! (Or 2019 E3) I WANT IT SO BAD!!! :worship2: I looooove Pikmin! It’s relaxing and it would feel at home on the Switch. The long wait :(. It would be soooooo fun. I can’t wait ugh. :interestinga:

And if they make a map editor. Dead and went to heaven. :nick:

I’m shocked how little it’s discussed here. :udidnt:

signing out

Archived