Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

GGD's Nintendo Hub

Haroon

Featured Posts

Tom Nook
11 minutes ago, tthen said:

I'm currently at 55 fighters so I'm getting there :tony: also unlocking Bayo made things much easier

hold up you can do what? wait what?

smash-bros-ultimate-joy-con-pro-controll

it’s the same for flicking the left joystick except my right hand is my dominant hand so it’s so much easier just to maneuver with left and smash attack with right :selena:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Meruk Holland

I'm currently going through everyone's Classic mode. Currently on 38 out of 71

1 hour ago, tthen said:

I'm currently at 55 fighters so I'm getting there :tony: also unlocking Bayo made things much easier

Yeah, we've been able to do this since Melee with the C-Stick on the GameCube controller. I always just assume everyone figured that out. You can also go into the controls and turn on/off some things that might annoy you. Like you can turn off jumping when you tilt up on the joystick. I can't do up-tilts with that on.

Meruk Holland

I am done trying to play Solo online. The only good matches are the 1v1 and I can't seem to get those too often. 4-way battles get way too laggy. Or I'm sitting in the corner while everyone fights until the end, and that doesn't feel like a win at all. 

I'll just stick to playing against friends and WoL.

7 minutes ago, Meruk Holland said:

I am done trying to play Solo online. The only good matches are the 1v1 and I can't seem to get those too often. 4-way battles get way too laggy. Or I'm sitting in the corner while everyone fights until the end, and that doesn't feel like a win at all. 

For Glory was my favorite part of smash :( 

DiegoMonster

Smash Ultimate is rumoured to have shifted 1.3 million copies in Japan during this weekend alone, making it the highest Nintendo Game debut ever in the region. :o 

2 hours ago, Meruk Holland said:

I haven't played online much (although I constantly see criticisms pop up on Reddit), but almost all have been 1v1

40 minutes ago, DiegoMonster said:

Smash Ultimate is rumoured to have shifted 1.3 million copies in Japan during this weekend alone, making it the highest Nintendo Game debut ever in the region. :o 

Oh wow. I knew it was gonna do well, but 1.3M opening weekend? That's incredible and a testament to how huge SSBU has been.

Haroon
10 hours ago, Gardevoir said:

I finally unlocked all the characters :selena: after learning I could use the right joystick for Smash attacks lvl 9 cpus ain’t shït :poot:

6 hours ago, Meruk Holland said:

Yeah, we've been able to do this since Melee with the C-Stick on the GameCube controller. I always just assume everyone figured that out. You can also go into the controls and turn on/off some things that might annoy you. Like you can turn off jumping when you tilt up on the joystick. I can't do up-tilts with that on.

I configured the right/C stick to be for tilt attacks because they’re harder to pull off correctly in the heat of a fight (for me) :laughga: 

4 hours ago, Meruk Holland said:

Wait there isn’t a way to specifically search for 1v1 battles? :udidnt: If there isn’t then surely they need to bring that in via an update. The competitive community needs that :omg: 

Meruk Holland
2 minutes ago, Haroon said:

I configured the right/C stick to be for tilt attacks because they’re harder to pull off correctly in the heat of a fight (for me) :laughga: 

That is a great idea. Huh, why didn't I think of that earlier!?

2 minutes ago, Haroon said:

Wait there isn’t a way to specifically search for 1v1 battles? :udidnt: If there isn’t then surely they need to bring that in via an update. The competitive community needs that :omg: 

Yeah, no, it's ridiculous. The best you can do is the Preferred Rules, and that seems to be more luck than anything. Maybe Elite Battles are better about it.

Haroon
13 minutes ago, Meruk Holland said:

That is a great idea. Huh, why didn't I think of that earlier!?

Yeah, no, it's ridiculous. The best you can do is the Preferred Rules, and that seems to be more luck than anything. Maybe Elite Battles are better about it.

I only found out during Smash 4 because I wanted to learn how to use Pikachu and loads of stuff about him is to do with tilts and I was flopping and checked if anyone else was having the same problem and then found that it was possible online :giveup:

Hmm I’m sure they’ll address it in some way in the future then :huh: There’s a significant chunk of players it affects and they seem to listen to their audience quite a bit so I have hope :pray: 

14 hours ago, Gardevoir said:

I finally unlocked all the characters :selena: after learning I could use the right joystick for Smash attacks lvl 9 cpus ain’t shït :poot:

what?? explain!!

12 hours ago, tthen said:

Bayo is god :diane:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Haroon
On 12/11/2018 at 1:35 AM, ilocorB said:

Thanks! I accepted your resquest! I have most of the big games that came out like Mario Party, Splatoon, Smash, Mario Kart, Pokémon lets go Eevee, Rocket League, South Park, Botw, Mario Odissey, Mario + Rabbids, Arms, Rayman, etc. 

I am a big Nintendo fan! I own every consoles and handheld they made and have been playing since I was a kid! I do prefer the older consoles like the SNES and N64. 

What about you? Do you own a lot of Switch games?

Oh wow all of them :omg: My Nintendo journey started with the N64, we had the original Gameboy as well but I didn’t get to play that until later and for one of my birthdays I got a Gameboy Colour :flutter: Since then I’ve had some of the handhelds (SP, DS, DS Lite, 3DS, 3DS XL) and all of the home consoles. Haven’t played the NES or SNES but I have the mini versions of them waiting to be played :happy:

I think altogether I have like 15 Switch games and a few downloaded ones :confused: I’m waiting to play quite a few of them though, just need to find the time :sweat: I find it astounding that just in a year and a half it already has such an amazing library, like it makes me wonder what they can still do with the rest of its life cycle :shocked: 

On 12/11/2018 at 6:07 AM, Haroon said:

Tilt attacks?

I just discovered that you can dance the Applause choreography to the main menu music:laughga:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Meruk Holland
12 minutes ago, River said:

Tilt attacks?

So, you know how you can walk by "tilting" the joystick and you can run by "smashing" it?

Same concept with attacks. You can perform chargeable smash attacks by smashing the joystick and pressing A, or you can perform a tilt attack by tilting the joystick and pressing A. Smash attacks are strong but are kinda slow, leaving you open to attacks, especially if you miss. Tilt attacks are generally faster but much weaker.

Personally, tilt attacks are kinda hard for me to pull off before Haroon suggested switching the C-Stick options to tilt attacks instead of their default smash attacks.

Archived