💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

It Feels Weird That Katy Flopped So Hard

theahsfan

Featured Posts

Delulu Rogers

Well she was on top of her game with prism so what goes up must go down. That being said I didn't expect her to do this badly so I think it was a combination of her new look, weak singles, controversial comments, and the fact that the gp is not her for pop girls atm. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
theahsfan
4 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Well first of all, she's not "one of the worst singers out there". I think she has a pretty good voice, and I think it works well with what she does.

Reality
Just now, theahsfan said:

I'm not saying that she has a great voice :awkney:

I'm saying that it's good for what she does. On upbeat, pop, dance tracks like Firework, Teenage Dream, I Kissed a Girl, and songs like that, I think her voice fits well with that kind of stuff.

🃏🖤👹

Lanius
2 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

Well she was on top of her game with prism so what goes up must go down. That being said I didn't expect her to do this badly so I think it was a combination of her new look, weak singles, controversial comments, and the fact that the gp is not her for pop girls atm. 

This too. I think Katy is one of those artist that relies on having hits for her eras to be successful. 

Linus Gaga

and this reminded me of , no one knows her in the museum :lolga:

Hit me a message and say hi !

FATCAT
3 minutes ago, Runway said:

Isn't that what constitutes a flop era ? :rip: 

Sales, her streaming is actually pretty good.

Purr more, hiss less.

AmericanGUY

i remember people would say she's the next MJ for having 5 #1's from one album. did MJ ever have a decline a lá Katy's? 

@PartySick, the iconic MJ stan, do you know?

꧁ 𝕛'𝕧𝕖𝕦𝕩 𝕡𝕒𝕤 𝕞𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕚𝕣 𝕥𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕦𝕝𝕖 ꧂

Talent
4 minutes ago, Lanius said:

I think it's mostly because she's about to be 33. Singing about trash bags, kissing girls and fireworks was cute at 26. But at 33 she comes off like she's desperately trying to appeal to the kids and most people find her uncool. Her sex appeal was a big part of her image too. but since our society discard women after they turn 30 and she cut her hair people don't find her hot anymore. She's more like that mom from mean girls who lives vicariously through her daughters.

Oh yeah, Her going to so hard for Hillary turned A LOT of people off. I've seen so many people drag her for being a Hillary supporter.

Yeah, there's a lot of reasons. The industry right now, American politics, American culture, sexism, vanity, her being obnoxious, her music showing no evolution, etc etc.

I wish her well tbh. I like her a lot and she's a nice person (now). 

🔵 - Banned because I quoted a stupid meme. Literally. So, yeah.

Galagala
19 minutes ago, Kermit said:

CTTR - 300+M views

BA - 190+M views

Swish Swish audio video - 30+M views

Swish Swish lyric video - 10+M views

giphy.gif

Flopped?

Yeah. Nah.

At least she's releasing music to her fans.

Let's not treat her how the Kats treated Gaga during ARTPOP.

How did Kats do during ARTPOP era? Sorry I started following Gaga from C2C era. 

Justin Drew Bieber

U know someone flopped when the only receipts are bought YT views LMAO!!

theahsfan
1 minute ago, Galagala said:

How did Kats do during ARTPOP era? Sorry I started following Gaga from C2C era. 

ARTPOP didn't do well compared to Born This Way, and Prism was basically a smash album so you could probably guess:selena: it's funny dragging the Katycats now though given that Joanne did better than Witness.. karma's not a liar

Runway
10 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

Sales, her streaming is actually pretty good.

1989 out streamed her a day after its release :rip: 

katy-perry-vs-swift.png?w=600

PartySick
19 minutes ago, AmericanGUY said:

i remember people would say she's the next MJ for having 5 #1's from one album. did MJ ever have a decline a lá Katy's? 

@PartySick, the iconic MJ stan, do you know?

I mean, kind of. Though his albums all set records until Invincible so :sweat:

Thriller (1982) - Best selling album ever (and still is :whitney:)
Bad (1986) - Most #1 singles ever (until Katy :grr:)
Dangerous (1991) - Fastest selling album ever (I believe that's been beaten too)
HIStory (1995) - Best selling two-disc album ever (and still is :sis:)
Blood on the Dance Floor (1997) - Best selling remix album ever (and still is :firega:)
Invincible (2001) - ...an album :sweat:

Then he canceled his 2001/2002 tour due to 9/11 and fell away from the public eye due to the second round of accusations...so yeah, I'd say he had a fall from his former popularly :sweat: Though it was from such a height that Invincible was considered a "failure" despite it going platinum multiple times over within a year :laughga:

Artists loose popularity over time, it's nothing new and it's a rule that applies to every artist sooner or later :shrug:

Edit: Although I TOTALLY disagree with this whole "she's the female/next MJ" thing :laughga: One record being matched means nothing. If anyone is the next MJ, it's someone like Gaga or Beyonce because their artistry is more similar to Michael's (sells well but is also meaningful) while Katy tends to be more commercial...which isn't a bad thing, it's just a thing :sweat:

R u 🌈? 🤨📷

Archived