Ed Sheeran: Gaga fans attacked me- quits Twitter

Talent

Featured Posts

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
littlepotter
10 hours ago, OBEY said:

Gaga fans are the worst so no surprise there.

There are way worse fanbases. What is it with this site and self-hate :rip:

10 hours ago, Skai Jackson said:

This type of behavior is absolutely repulsive—nobody should condone harassment towards a human being simply for having a different opinion solely especially since it isn't a triumph to an artist who's philosophy contradicts this attitude. Let him be. 

Sorry but you're talking big words over a very simple matter. He spoke his mind, we spoke our mind. Why is he acting like he's the first person to ever get backlash for something he said in the media? Ed was targetted by Gaga fans? Halsey is being targetted by Iggy, Demi, Britney, Katy, and basically all of stan twitter. Why didn't she quit? Why is it okay to harrass her and not him? Why are there no comments defending her in her thread?

Every celebrity ever is harrassed on twitter, but they stay because they have more people who love and support them. He's not suddenly a poor saint because he quit Twitter.

chaeri pls

King J
10 hours ago, EdgeofTeeth said:

I despise Ed Sheeran but this is embarrassing for our fanbase.

Theyre always trying to make us look bad tumblr_mh6vli38W41s42964o1_500.gif

Rowt ay soyng aybouwt yer eyesh, ayt ay sliysche ohf cherreh pye. Eye crei'd awl noiyght.

littlepotter
10 hours ago, DominicB said:

and who still uses twitter

:awkney:

10 hours ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

I miss when you had a black person in your avatar. You were more fun.

:air:

chaeri pls

TheCureinMalibu

I don't know what to be mad about. Little Monsters defending for Ed or Little Monsters hating each other (self-hate,etc...). :saladga:

KyliesChild
7 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

There are way worse fanbases. What is it with this site and self-hate :rip:

Sorry but you're talking big words over a very simple matter. He spoke his mind, we spoke our mind. Why is he acting like he's the first person to ever get backlash for something he said in the media? Ed was targetted by Gaga fans? Halsey is being targetted by Iggy, Demi, Britney, Katy, and basically all of stan twitter. Why didn't she quit? Why is it okay to harrass her and not him? Why are there no comments defending her in her thread?

Every celebrity ever is harrassed on twitter, but they stay because they have more people who love and support them. He's not suddenly a poor saint because he quit Twitter.

To me, it appears that you are more angry that people are supporting Ed Sheeran more than Halsey especially since she's been criticized more than him. You think that people who disagree about whether she's a CEO or not is misogynistic but fail to perceive how repulsive such behavior is towards anyone even if they have millions of dollars. Sheeran just noticed that vile statements are coming from a large demographic of Lady Gaga fans, and in the comment you've quoted did I not make it tentative so that my comment is for anyone targeting a person—which is what Halsey is? Nobody is defending Halsey (and in fact many people are ecstatic that we've made him quit Twitter) because this thread simply isn't about her. Some people can handle horrible remarks along with constructive criticism—which is all that Ed Sheeran said as a matter of fact—and some can not. Simple. 

LaLuna

I don't like him but do you guys even realize how bad this is making Gaga look? I'm sure she would be just thrilled to learn that her beloved fans are bullies :madge:

Phantomhive

Some of y'all saying we're the "worst" :smh: Y'all ever seen how other fan bases act? It's stan culture, rabid stan behavior is NOTHING NEW. I hate when big artists like Edna try to act brand new as if it's the first time he's received online hate and then generalize us.

And I don't buy this whole "quitting twitter" bs. Several celebs claim to be done with twitter then come crawling back after some time. :neyde:

In I fly on wings of winter.

Panchecco

my god, what a cry baby :saladga:

If every artist that ever got hate on Twitter decided to quit there wouldn't be artists on Twitter at all 

he's so annoying 

littlepotter
56 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

fail to perceive how repulsive such behavior is towards anyone even if they have millions of dollars.

Well this proves you missed my point :selena: of course harrassment is repulsive towards anyone. I would definitely not handle it well. But these are the repercussions when criticizing anyone publicly. If his criticism was "constructive", then I think we can agree that Halsey saying she doesn't appreciate that Katy and Demi used bisexuality as a selling point also counts as constructive criticism. The difference is Halsey was speaking out about a social issue (which is arguable, as she herself has had some missteps) while Ed simply was boasting about how he's smarter than Gaga. Both cases would have been avoided had both of them privately talked to Gaga/katy/demi instead of doing it publicly which they should have known would generate backlash.

1 hour ago, Skai Jackson said:

Nobody is defending Halsey (and in fact many people are ecstatic that we've made him quit Twitter) because this thread simply isn't about her.

I wasn't talking about this thread, of course.

1 hour ago, Skai Jackson said:

Some people can handle horrible remarks along with constructive criticism—which is all that Ed Sheeran said as a matter of fact

Again what Ed said is no more constructive than the things Halsey said. At least she cleared the air and apologized, he just denied that he ever said that. And I just brought her up for comparison.

chaeri pls

Mario Roberto Flores

Definitions about what it is to be a good person, according to BTW Foundation: "How we treat one another impacts how we feel about ourselves, how we feel about each other, and how healthy our communities are. That’s why we believe inspiring people to be kind is the key to building a more vibrant and productive world. We understand this is no easy task and we can’t do it alone"

Then, according to GAGA's own beliefs, we are a very bad people. When will we learn to KEEP THE EXAMPLE of our mother monster?

Sexxx
13 hours ago, OBEY said:

Gaga fans are the worst so no surprise there.

You've never met the hive, directioners, beliebers then :rip:

Kattys

You hate him cause he is hetero and not a pretty boy :reductive:

No reason to bash him really.

KyliesChild
35 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

Well this proves you missed my point :selena: of course harrassment is repulsive towards anyone. I would definitely not handle it well. But these are the repercussions when criticizing anyone publicly. If his criticism was "constructive", then I think we can agree that Halsey saying she doesn't appreciate that Katy and Demi used bisexuality as a selling point also counts as constructive criticism. The difference is Halsey was speaking out about a social issue (which is arguable, as she herself has had some missteps) while Ed simply was boasting about how he's smarter than Gaga. Both cases would have been avoided had both of them privately talked to Gaga/katy/demi instead of doing it publicly which they should have known would generate backlash.

I wasn't talking about this thread, of course.

Again what Ed said is no more constructive than the things Halsey said. At least she cleared the air and apologized, he just denied that he ever said that. And I just brought her up for comparison.

The “if they have millions of dollars" excerpt of my post wasn't targeted towards you but to @chrismugler and others. Calling someone a “****ing moron" and being hypocritical of one's actions in the past even though they've opened up to it and her past actions and beliefs contradict her behavior is not “constructive criticism" by any means. Demi Lovato has reached out to her privately yet Halsey still finds the need to call her out online and to be ignorant in so many ways such as stating that her music is “counterculture" and “alternative and that Kendrick Lamar is considered “urban" even though he's collaborated with pop artists plus she has defended her stances on why she collaborated with a homophobe and that's why she's critiqued, and it isn't because of her “constructive criticism". 

“If a very popular male artist in one of his songs came out and said, 'I'm experimenting,' — if a guy sang this song that was straight — it would be such an uproar,” Demi said. “But there's a confidence to a man that would say, 'I've experimented with a man,' and not care. I actually find that more attractive than saying, 'No, no, no, that's so wrong!'"

Ed never said that he was smarter than Gaga he just said that artists like her should find the need in having comfort with professionals to aid in her endeavors. Not once has he bashed Lady Gaga in a condescending manner and has shown admiration for Gaga throughout the years. Of course you were talking about another Halsey thread because nobody else felt the need to bring her up especially since the discrepancies towards them are vastly different. He never said that he didn't say any statements but Gaga fans assumed that he was referring to her even though Ed never said anything explicit. 

KyliesChild

I forgot to mention that Halsey isn't being targeted by neither of the celebrities you've mentioned at all, in fact Briney and Katy are irrelevant to bring up because she isn't affiliated with Halsey besides the joke that Iggy Azalea made about her having a “Mean Girls" moment with Britney and Demi and Halsey felt the need to bring up Katy's “I Kissed A Girl" even though the song was written by an LGBT+ artist and Katy has said that she's done more than “kissing a girl" and even went to conversion camp. Demi called her and discussed the issue at hand privately (like an adult should) and tried to simmer down the commotion amongst their fans online. Halsey continued by insinuating that she wants to create a female feud for her profit. :sweat: @littlepotter

Archived