Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Ed Sheeran: Gaga fans attacked me- quits Twitter

Talent

Featured Posts

KyliesChild
20 minutes ago, Sexxx said:

You've never met the hive, directioners, beliebers then :rip:

I remember that the BeyHive found a girl's private information, got her number and called a pizza shop and ordered about 40 pizzas and made the innocent girl pay for it. What did she do? She tweeted that she hated Beyoncé's new hairstyle. :duck:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fascination
13 hours ago, Talent said:

But Ed will still read public feedback on his favourite websites, which are more positive. He said: “The comments on The Sun’s websites are actually nice. You would have thought comments on a newspaper website could be the mean ones."

THE SUN?!?! WHAT THE **** :toofunny: how can someone read that bullshit, it's literally ****

Sexxx
27 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

I remember that the BeyHive found a girl's private information, got her number and called a pizza shop and ordered about 40 pizzas and made the innocent girl pay for it. What did she do? She tweeted that she hated Beyoncé's new hairstyle. :duck:

I rest my case x

littlepotter
18 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

The “if they have millions of dollars" excerpt of my post wasn't targeted towards you but to @chrismugler and others. Calling someone a “****ing moron" and being hypocritical of one's actions in the past even though they've opened up to it and her past actions and beliefs contradict her behavior is not “constructive criticism" by any means. Demi Lovato has reached out to her privately yet Halsey still finds the need to call her out online and to be ignorant in so many ways such as stating that her music is “counterculture" and “alternative and that Kendrick Lamar is considered “urban" even though he's collaborated with pop artists plus she has defended her stances on why she collaborated with a homophobe and that's why she's critiqued, and it isn't because of her “constructive criticism". 

“If a very popular male artist in one of his songs came out and said, 'I'm experimenting,' — if a guy sang this song that was straight — it would be such an uproar,” Demi said. “But there's a confidence to a man that would say, 'I've experimented with a man,' and not care. I actually find that more attractive than saying, 'No, no, no, that's so wrong!'"

Ed never said that he was smarter than Gaga he just said that artists like her should find the need in having comfort with professionals to aid in her endeavors. Not once has he bashed Lady Gaga in a condescending manner and has shown admiration for Gaga throughout the years. Of course you were talking about another Halsey thread because nobody else felt the need to bring her up especially since the discrepancies towards them are vastly different. He never said that he didn't say any statements but Gaga fans assumed that he was referring to her even though Ed never said anything explicit. 

You just told me about a bunch of things Halsey did as if trying to convince me that she was in the wrong... While in fact I've always known it? You can look through all the Halsey threads, I've never supported what she said and wished she didn't speak so condescendingly about those situations, especially that like you said she has done a lot of wrong/hypocritical things herself in the past. You(and probably everyone else)'re basing this off the time I defended her in the CEO thread which was a completely different situation (I was upset at the fact that people were saying completely uncalled for things like "her music is awful" "she's a cunt" "her wigs look so cheap" "she's so annoying and should keep her mouth shut" that had nothing to do with the topic only for saying she's a CEO). I still wanna correct one thing:

"Demi Lovato has reached out to her privately yet Halsey still finds the need to call her out online" those are two reverse actions :sweat: Demi reached out AFTER Halsey called her out (which she did by only referencing the lyric "don't tell your mother" and never Demi or her song explicitely like you're implyong) and the two worked it out and Halsey apologized.

The bottom line is, I don't support these things Halsey did. I only brought up the motive behind the calling out. 

Ed is obviously not receiving hate because of this one statement. Just do a simple "Ed Sheeran" search and you'll find a dozen threads with all the pretentious and arrogant things he's said at the beginning of the year. Even this was unnecessary. He has every right to be bothered by the harrassment and call people out for it, but specifying Gaga fans was very unprofessional on his part, because it 100% gives Gaga a bad name. Yes, it's these monsters' fault and they're giving Gaga a bad name too, but the professional thing to do isn't to name names. He could have replaced Gaga with "a certain artist" and the same point would have been made. What's funny is that the same thing happened last year, he said in an interview that he was scheduled to perform once on a TV show, then they got Gaga to perform and pushed Ed's performance to the next week. The fault is clearly the show's, so it's ironic how he didn't mention the show (so they can have him back) but still felt the need to mention Gaga which makes it sound like it was her own fault.

11 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

I forgot to mention that Halsey isn't being targeted by neither of the celebrities you've mentioned at all

And I never said that. Ed isn't targeted by Gaga, but by her fans. Same way around.

32 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

Halsey continued by insinuating that she wants to create a female feud for her profit. :sweat: @littlepotter

I didn't know that. What did she say

chaeri pls

YeehawKylie

Whether he was referencing Gaga or not, he was putting down another artist or artists. Kind of hypocritical for him to cry over twitter hate when he himself threw the first stone...

GypsyBabe
19 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

:omg: Is this true? Seriously, what is wrong with people. 

To be honest, I've never experienced online hate until I openly became a Little Monster. I post stuff on instagram, and it immediate illicits horrible posts from other fanbases (mainly Madonna fans, to be honest). I would never cyber bully anyone, and think it is completely inappropriate and against everything Gaga stands for as a person, but I can understand the response of some people when they are cyber attacked for liking a particular artist all the time. 

I think twitter stans are cancerous, but in the same vein, Ed knew what was coming. He was releasing an album and this gave him free publicity. EdSheeranIsOverParty was trending all day...which alerted many casual fans that he had a new album to buy. I don't think he or anyone deserves to be harassed, but don't publicly insult and demean an artist and expect people to be not be offended. Unfortunately, many cannot "rise above", negativity. 

You get what you put out in this world, and Ed should spread kindness to get kindness in return. 

⚯͛

KyliesChild
39 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

You just told me about a bunch of things Halsey did as if trying to convince me that she was in the wrong... While in fact I've always known it? You can look through all the Halsey threads, I've never supported what she said and wished she didn't speak so condescendingly about those situations, especially that like you said she has done a lot of wrong/hypocritical things herself in the past. You(and probably everyone else)'re basing this off the time I defended her in the CEO thread which was a completely different situation (I was upset at the fact that people were saying completely uncalled for things like "her music is awful" "she's a ****" "her wigs look so cheap" "she's so annoying and should keep her mouth shut" that had nothing to do with the topic only for saying she's a CEO). I still wanna correct one thing:

"Demi Lovato has reached out to her privately yet Halsey still finds the need to call her out online" those are two reverse actions :sweat: Demi reached out AFTER Halsey called her out (which she did by only referencing the lyric "don't tell your mother" and never Demi or her song explicitely like you're implyong) and the two worked it out and Halsey apologized.

The bottom line is, I don't support these things Halsey did. I only brought up the motive behind the calling out. 

Ed is obviously not receiving hate because of this one statement. Just do a simple "Ed Sheeran" search and you'll find a dozen threads with all the pretentious and arrogant things he's said at the beginning of the year. Even this was unnecessary. He has every right to be bothered by the harrassment and call people out for it, but specifying Gaga fans was very unprofessional on his part, because it 100% gives Gaga a bad name. Yes, it's these monsters' fault and they're giving Gaga a bad name too, but the professional thing to do isn't to name names. He could have replaced Gaga with "a certain artist" and the same point would have been made. What's funny is that the same thing happened last year, he said in an interview that he was scheduled to perform once on a TV show, then they got Gaga to perform and pushed Ed's performance to the next week. The fault is clearly the show's, so it's ironic how he didn't mention the show (so they can have him back) but still felt the need to mention Gaga which makes it sound like it was her own fault.

And I never said that. Ed isn't targeted by Gaga, but by her fans. Same way around.

I didn't know that. What did she say

"Halsey is being targeted by Iggy, Demi, Britney, and Katy" is an excerpt of the post and that's what I was referring to. 

Halsey is being targeted by Iggy, Demi, Britney, and Katy" is the exact excerpt of the first post you made on this thread and that's what I was referring to. 

“Demi reached out after Halsey called her out (which she did by only referencing the lyric "don't tell your mother" and never Demi or her song explicitly like you're implying) and the two worked it out and Halsey apologized." Well obviously Demi Lovato had to reach her out after Halsey mentioned a lyric of hers in the interview? I don't get it, did she have to apologize for her alleged “biphobia" before Halsey called her out wrongfully? 

"Just do a simple "Ed Sheeran" search and you'll find a dozen threads with all the pretentious and arrogant things he's said at the beginning of the year. Even this was unnecessary." 

Everyone who's in the media are open to criticism because every person has mistakes and has a differing opinion from one another. You've said it yourself:

People aren't saying anything about Halsey because she's a girl, it's because she's outspoken, annoying, pretentious, and 9 times out of 10 talks out of her ass. I know a lot of male musicians who do the same thing 

And then you responded with: You just described Gaga a few years ago. This fanbase is something else.

Gaga has criticized internet trolls for years and you don't have to agree with every single thing that Gaga has said in the past, but she'd find it disgusting that the people who she's advocating against are her fans. 

"He has every right to be bothered by the harrassment and call people out for it, but specifying Gaga fans was very unprofessional on his part" was that your main concern at first though? 

The first post you've quoted me in states:

"Every celebrity ever is harrassed on twitter, but they stay because they have more people who love and support them. He's not suddenly a poor saint because he quit Twitter."

So you are defending Halsey of the same actions Ed has done in the past? You said that you don't support her actions but unlike Halsey you feel the need to call Ed out? 

“You just told me about a bunch of things Halsey did as if trying to convince me that she was in the wrong... While in fact I've always known it?" You've stated that Ed's statements can be compared to Halsey's “constructive criticism" when quite frankly that's not true. He didn't call anyone a “****ing moron" and implied that Gaga's actions are gimmicks ignited by her PR team. Am I defending Ed Sheeran on his arrogance and pretentiousness? Absolutely not. So why do you feel the need to bring that up simply because some people aren't defending your idol? 

x5zucn1h-600x610.jpg

Benji

Nearly felt a tiny bit sorry for him and then I seen The Sun comment. Ya deserve it all Ed :poot:

Mary Jane Wayne

Omg what a crybaby he is. Should we apologize to his arrogant ass now? Lol. 

littlepotter
35 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

"Halsey is being targeted by Iggy, Demi, Britney, and Katy" is an excerpt of the post and that's what I was referring to. 

Halsey is being targeted by Iggy, Demi, Britney, and Katy" is the exact excerpt of the first post you made on this thread and that's what I was referring to. 

“Demi reached out after Halsey called her out (which she did by only referencing the lyric "don't tell your mother" and never Demi or her song explicitly like you're implying) and the two worked it out and Halsey apologized." Well obviously Demi Lovato had to reach her out after Halsey mentioned a lyric of hers in the interview? I don't get it, did she have to apologize for her alleged “biphobia" before Halsey called her out wrongfully? 

"Just do a simple "Ed Sheeran" search and you'll find a dozen threads with all the pretentious and arrogant things he's said at the beginning of the year. Even this was unnecessary." 

Everyone who's in the media are open to criticism because every person has mistakes and has a differing opinion from one another. You've said it yourself:

People aren't saying anything about Halsey because she's a girl, it's because she's outspoken, annoying, pretentious, and 9 times out of 10 talks out of her ass. I know a lot of male musicians who do the same thing 

And then you responded with: You just described Gaga a few years ago. This fanbase is something else.

Gaga has criticized internet trolls for years and you don't have to agree with every single thing that Gaga has said in the past, but she'd find it disgusting that the people who she's advocating against are her fans. 

"He has every right to be bothered by the harrassment and call people out for it, but specifying Gaga fans was very unprofessional on his part" was that your main concern at first though? 

The first post you've quoted me in states:

"Every celebrity ever is harrassed on twitter, but they stay because they have more people who love and support them. He's not suddenly a poor saint because he quit Twitter."

So you are defending Halsey of the same actions Ed has done in the past? You said that you don't support her actions but unlike Halsey you feel the need to call Ed out? 

“You just told me about a bunch of things Halsey did as if trying to convince me that she was in the wrong... While in fact I've always known it?" You've stated that Ed's statements can be compared to Halsey's “constructive criticism" when quite frankly that's not true. He didn't call anyone a “****ing moron" and implied that Gaga's actions are gimmicks ignited by her PR team. Am I defending Ed Sheeran on his arrogance and pretentiousness? Absolutely not. So why do you feel the need to bring that up simply because some people aren't defending your idol? 

x5zucn1h-600x610.jpg

I am extremely confused :air: I feel like we're now debating Halsey while I only brought her up in the first place to provae a point. I'll just go ahead and state my original points because I'm honestly lost.

-That was a typo, I meant their fans :selena: Obviously they aren't targetting her themselves, they're all way more successful than her anyway

-I don't support Ed's harrassment and never participated in it

-The whole reason I quoted you is to say that a celebrity gets backlash no matter what they say and even though it's wrong it's something they should consider, and that it's unfair to put the all the blame on Gaga fans

-I only brought up Halsey to say that she also got a lot of backlash from fans but didn't play the victim and make a dramatic interview about quitting twitter because of haters

-I don't support what Halsey says most of the time

chaeri pls

Archived