Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

E25A Spotlight #1: Bad Girl

shoful

Featured Posts

shoful

Bad Girl ~ February 2nd, 1993

fb0fdc6815d1713de79ba8bf6697587a.jpg

"'Bad Girl' is a song by American singer and songwriter Madonna, recorded for her fifth studio album, Erotica (1992). The song was written by Madonna, Shep Pettibone and Anthony Shimkin, and produced by Madonna and Pettibone. The song was released as the third single from the album on February 2, 1993 by Maverick Records. Lyrically, the song describes a woman that is unhappy with her life because she believes she is behaving badly, due to the sadness that has overwhelmed her since the end of a romantic relationship." ~ Wikipedia

madonna-bad_girl_s.jpg

bad-girl-canadian-cms-side-1-2.jpg

The Bad Girl video premiered on February 11 1993 on MTV. The video was directed by David Fincher. It was shot January 12-18th, 1993. 

US Billboard Hot 100 Peak Position: 36

US Billboard Mainstream Top 40 Position: 26

It was Madonna's first single to not crack the the US top 10 since Holiday. 

Only Live Performance EVER:

Spoiler

Stills:

Spoiler

snl-1993.pngsnl-1993-1.pngsnl-1993-2.pngsnl-1993-3.png

Behind the Scene Stills of Video:

Spoiler

bad-girl-video-making-4c.jpg bad-girl-video-making-5.jpgbad-girl-video-making-4b.jpgbad-girl-video-making-4.jpgbad-girl-video-making-3.jpgbad-girl-video-making-2.jpgbad-girl-video-making-1.jpg

Named by RollingStone as Madonna's 42nd Greatest Song:

42. "Bad Girl" (from 'Erotica,' 1992)

"'Bad Girl' is a somber, guilt-ridden ballad sung from the perspective of a woman pursuing a series of unsatisfying one-night stands: "Drunk by six/ Kissing someone else's lips," she sings. "I'm not happy when I act this way." Cowriter and producer Shep Pettibone later recalled how amazed he was at Madonna's ability to write and record quickly: 'Madonna has an incredible mind. She locks the melody into her head and memorizes the words immediately. Madonna's stories were getting a lot more serious and intense, driving the creative direction of the songs into deeply personal territory.'" ~RollingStone

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shoful

whore

When she had to draw her eyebrows back on after she shaved them for "Deeper And Deeper" :giveup: ICONIC

Her best album imo tag me in the Madonna fans :gaycat:

slayo

I'm excited to see these threads every week, I'll finally listen to Erotica in full and learn about each song!

Make it stupid!

shoful
1 minute ago, Moebius said:

Me? A Madonna fan?

giphy.gif

You commented on the initial thread, even tho it was a shady reply. you will get tagged in every thread from here on out :poot:

slayo
1 minute ago, shoful said:

You commented on the initial thread, even tho it was a shady reply. you will get tagged in every thread from here on out :poot:

tag me in them too please

Make it stupid!

RAMROD

Bad girl, drunk by six :giveup:

Kissing someone else's lips :giveup:

Smoked too many cigarettes today :giveup:

I'm not happy this way :diane:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

shoful
1 minute ago, slayo said:

tag me in them too please

Will do! :hug:

whore
2 minutes ago, slayo said:

I'm excited to see these threads every week, I'll finally listen to Erotica in full and learn about each song!

Best song is "Secret Garden" and "Waiting." Don't forget about "Did You Do It?" if you're a fan of 90s rap. And a hidden treasure is the SEX book version of the song "Erotica" with new lyrics taken from the poems in the book. 

Moebius
2 minutes ago, shoful said:

Fair enough :poot: 

giphy.gif

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

lost in limbo

How did I not heard this before? Amazing :diane:

This birthday event was actually a great idea!

Gonna end up listening to Erotica and COADF ASAP

(Also, tag me from now on please!)

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

DeanWinchester
29 minutes ago, shoful said:

TAG HA!

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Hades
27 minutes ago, Possibly Maybe said:

Best song is "Words" and "Waiting." and WHERE LIFE BEGINS. Don't forget about "Did You Do It?" if you're a fan of 90s rap. And a hidden treasure is the SEX book version of the song "Erotica" with new lyrics taken from the poems in the book. 

Fixed.:giggle::gaycat:

Archived