💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The more we ask Gaga to go full pop the more she strays away from it

dit

Featured Posts

MJHolland
3 minutes ago, JustaMonster said:

I wonder if she realizes that the way she talks about tony is the same way that many people feel about her and thats why they want her to do pop music again. :(

EXACTLY omfg wait 

you just perfectly said what i've been unable to describe for the past three years 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JustaMonster
1 minute ago, MJHolland said:

EXACTLY omfg wait 

you just perfectly said what i've been unable to describe for the past three years 

I know, it hurts that she might not do as much pop but I'm also happy that she's happy with what she is doing. She's so distant now though :(

Hands up to the sky, I'm about to fly!

River
Just now, Ronk said:

She's not just saying those things, she's actually doing them.  And I think she's done being pegged as a pop artist.  She's too multi-talented for that.

she's pop and will always be, Joanne is pure pop with some country influences in few songs but it's pop..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Ronk
1 minute ago, River said:

she's pop and will always be, Joanne is pure pop with some country influences in few songs but it's pop..

I think she's drifting away from pop.  We can agree to disagree.  I wouldn't be surprised if her next album is jazz or rock/metal, with some pop influences.   But we never know ... it's Gaga.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Reality
12 minutes ago, River said:

Joanne is not "pure pop" :awkney:

There are obviously heavy rock, funk, country, folk influence within the album. While it is still popyou can't say that it's just "pure pop" because it's not.

Also, Gaga is known for being a "chameleon in the music industry" for a reason. The "she's pop and will always be" argument doesn't make sense. What do you say of the C2C era? No, it wasn't just a phase or anything, and what do you say of all the rock performances she did?

She's straying away from "pop" music—and when I say pop music, I mean the eletronic/dance pop she's known for. "Pop" music is broad, so she may never fully leave pop, but at the rate she's going at, I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't return to have that big electronic/dance pop vibe that she used to.

🃏🖤👹

theahsfan
52 minutes ago, Albertodift said:

So let's ask her to keep doing Jazz music from now on. :poot: 

Monsters now when C3C is released 

When-Someone-Makes-You-Grilled-Cheese-Su

HOTNebraskaGuy

She keeps saying she drifts away from pop but 

giphy.gif

When is she gonna deliver this album that isn't pop? Most of us actually wouldn't mind a rock, disco/funk, etc. record. And not this pop with ____ influence thing she's been doing for her past 3 solo records. 

One, five, ten lay a million on me

JustaMonster

Gaga YOU BETTER NOT DO ANYMORE POP MUSIC:poot:

Hands up to the sky, I'm about to fly!

Edonis

I've always had a lot of feelings regarding this interview and how her emotions effect her music output and what she wants to do. On one hand, she deserves to be happy doing what she wants to do and putting out music/or getting acting roles/ whatever it is she wants to do. And that's what really sets her apart from other musicians in the industry; the simple undebatable fact that she has a large hand in the music and image that she creates. 

That being said. 

If she continues to stray away from what her "brand" is (and yes fellow LM's, there is a Lady Gaga brand) and continues to be that musical chameleon that she is but to a further extreme, it will be very hard for her to keep her core fans and maintain a steady support of casual fans. Yes doing an all rock album could bring in potential new fans, but it also marginalizes some of the older fans who may not be interested in that kind of music. Added to that, whatever future musical project she works on after said rock album may not always be attractive to the newly gained rock fans of the genre if too far different (say R&B or synth pop). It's a very difficult situation. 

All in all, Gaga is a very versatile artist who is very ambitious at times, she just needs to harness that ambition and energy to meet attainable goals; or find a balance between the two to bridge the gap with all of her fans, both new and old. 

ToxicHot

I really hope the next album is R&B/soul influenced. Please, Gaga. :( Who knows, with the right producers and/or features, it could end up being pretty commercially successful.

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

giskardsb

The more the pop industry tightens it's grip, the more Lady Gaga slips through it's fingers.

(with apologies to Princess Leia).

River
1 hour ago, M Monstre said:

Joanne is not "pure pop" :awkney:

There are obviously heavy rock, funk, country, folk influence within the album. While it is still popyou can't say that it's just "pure pop" because it's not.

Also, Gaga is known for being a "chameleon in the music industry" for a reason. The "she's pop and will always be" argument doesn't make sense. What do you say of the C2C era? No, it wasn't just a phase or anything, and what do you say of all the rock performances she did?

She's straying away from "pop" music—and when I say pop music, I mean the eletronic/dance pop she's known for. "Pop" music is broad, so she may never fully leave pop, but at the rate she's going at, I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't return to have that big electronic/dance pop vibe that she used to.

pure pop is not necessarily dance/electronic, what you describe is trendy/not trendy and while Joanne is pure pop, it's not trendy... 

I lived 28 years of music and went through many trends, pop has been changed a lot, but at the end, even with a slightly rock influence, it was still pop at the end.

I think the fans are panicking for not reason, Gaga will come back to the dance/electro in LG6.. Joanne is just a break and we can see it with the lack of promo and the number of singles.. TC just proved that she's thirsty for the dance/electro..

And please, C2C was just to use her pop legendary position to boost the jazz, she's great with singing jazz of course, but it's not something that she can continue her career with, it was and will always be a side project.. and the rock performances? are just performances, it's nice but she's smart enough not to make a rock or metal solo album, maybe just another side project with a band..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived