Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Halsey drags Iggy

Despacito

Featured Posts

drinkmytears
6 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

She has? :O

Calling herself a Harajuku Barbie, etc. Many examples. 

I also am on the fence about appropriation and when it is/isn't ok, but Nicki is incredibly problematic for other reasons.

Like using gay slurs, refusing to speak on the Orlando attacks, etc.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeleteMyAccount
Just now, ARTPOPboi1 said:

Just because somebody "appropriates" a culture doesn't make it a bad thing either worthy of removal from a music library.  Appropriation can be performed by anyone at any time as a form of insensitive action, thought or behavior.  Instead of demeaning others for it, you should confront it in the same way you might someone who mistakenly says something offensive in conversation because more often than not it is indeed a mistake. It's nice being "woke," but if you can't enlighten others, what good are you doing hanging around with solely other people of the same mindset. (This reply isn't solely to you in particular, but in general, everyone who reads it. I hope it encourages conversation, even if they seem so asinine at times. :D)

Who said I removed anyone for cultural appropriation? Lately, I've been removing artists for homophobic behaviors and the inability to apologize or realize that those actions are ironically shading their own fanbase.

I can't confront these celebs about anything.

itsjustlucarifc
3 minutes ago, juju said:

It isn't about ending anything, it's about taking a stride forward and simply using your voice. She had one at the time, regardless of who it pleased, regardless of the impact it would've made in the end, she chose to stay silent at a time where we needed people to speak up. It was a choice. And it was a choice that says a bit about the person who made it. Of course it isn't all on her shoulders, but that's the topic of the thread, so if anyone wants to make one for Miley or JB or anyone else, feel free and I can spill tea there as well :awkney: 

Do you think perhaps she was UNAWARE of its occurance or maybe WASN'T ON ANYBODY'S RADAR when she did speak up? People make assumptions due to inaction when really, she could've have OTHER PRIORITIES than to release a statement which will inevitably fall on deaf ears. "Platform" or not, she doesn't solely elect or persuade legislators.  People like to use her as a scapegoat for their own racial anguish and it gets beyond ridiculous.  If you don't like what she does simply don't pay her any goddamn mind a la RuPaul, "if them bitches ain't payin' yo' bills, pay them bitches no mind."  Iggy and all other celebrities have no responsible to make statements to appease the masses, especially when said masses turn around and are unsatisfied with what statements they have given!

Talent

🔵 - Banned because I quoted a stupid meme. Literally. So, yeah.

NCgaga

HIP HOP CULTURE is different than BLACK CULTURE. Iggy fully immersed herself in Hip hop culture. 

DeleteMyAccount
3 minutes ago, drinkmytears said:

Calling herself a Harajuku Barbie, etc. Many examples. 

I also am on the fence about appropriation and when it is/isn't ok, but Nicki is incredibly problematic for other reasons.

Like using gay slurs, refusing to speak on the Orlando attacks, etc.

Why is the talking point always about artists appropriating black culture and yet we have Nicki doing this ****. Wasn't she the leading force attacking Iggy for doing the same thing with hip/hop, rap/black culture? I don't get it.

And what's with Nicki's eyes in this video? 

itsjustlucarifc
Just now, ZacharyMark said:

Who said I removed anyone for cultural appropriation? Lately, I've been removing artists for homophobic behaviors and the inability to apologize or realize that those actions are ironically shading their own fanbase.

I can't confront these celebs about anything.

My mistake, but it is in fact the same situation.  People make mistakes.  Hell, one of my favorite artists is Teddy Sinclair, previously known as Natalia Kills.  She gained most popularity following her harsh, personal critiques on "X-Factor: New Zealand" and was fired alongside her husband, Willy Moon, also having lost her record deal.  Her actions/comments were not just but were also not room for erasal from one's own indulgence palette.  People make mistakes.  Why do we hold artists to higher standards than ourselves?  Don't we all wish to be forgiven for our shortcomings.  Yes, some people could have a better and more open-minded approach at apologizing and righting a wrongdoing, but they're only human.  All these social constructs such as "race" and "gender" have really divided us as a whole.  On one end of the spectrum you have traditionalist pushing forth a cookie cutter system which ignores the plights and concerns of others.  On the other, you have diehard progressives who strive to make rigid lines between racial relations and therefore perpetuate a type of social segregation.  A middleground needs to met which acknowledges that perhaps this whole "racial" social construct really isn't as cracked up or effective as one idiot must have thought it originally would be.  

juju
1 minute ago, ARTPOPboi1 said:

Do you think perhaps she was UNAWARE of its occurance or maybe WASN'T ON ANYBODY'S RADAR when she did speak up? People make assumptions due to inaction when really, she could've have OTHER PRIORITIES than to release a statement which will inevitably fall on deaf ears. "Platform" or not, she doesn't solely elect or persuade legislators.  People like to use her as a scapegoat for their own racial anguish and it gets beyond ridiculous.  If you don't like what she does simply don't pay her any goddamn mind a la RuPaul, "if them bitches ain't payin' yo' bills, pay them bitches no mind."  Iggy and all other celebrities have no responsible to make statements to appease the masses, especially when said masses turn around and are unsatisfied with what statements they have given!

No need to get upset :awkney: Like I said before, Iggy has some bops and all, but she made her come up at the worst possible time - if the proof isn't out there, I don't know what else to tell you, it's evident in her lack of success following Fancy. Everything is a choice. She made her choices. Halsey commented on her choices. Halsey is no saint herself, but her rant is valid, and that was precisely the point I was making in my first post. 

❤ x ❤

itsjustlucarifc
6 minutes ago, Talent said:

She's reaching more than her intentional mispronunciation of words to pass as part of a rhyme scheme in her poorly written stanzas. 

itsjustlucarifc
1 minute ago, juju said:

No need to get upset :awkney: Like I said before, Iggy has some bops and all, but she made her come up at the worst possible time - if the proof isn't out there, I don't know what else to tell you, it's evident in her lack of success following Fancy. Everything is a choice. She made her choices. Halsey commented on her choices. Halsey is no saint herself, but her rant is valid, and that was precisely the point I was making in my first post. 

Perhaps she "came up" at exactly the right time because it showcased an internalized bias so-called hip-hop fans have towards a white female MC.

juju
Just now, ARTPOPboi1 said:

Perhaps she "came up" at exactly the right time because it showcased an internalized bias so-called hip-hop fans have towards a white female MC.

There have been white female rappers who have made careers without having a blaccent...

...but OK.

❤ x ❤

DeleteMyAccount
5 minutes ago, ARTPOPboi1 said:

My mistake, but it is in fact the same situation.  People make mistakes.  Hell, one of my favorite artists is Teddy Sinclair, previously known as Natalia Kills.  She gained most popularity following her harsh, personal critiques on "X-Factor: New Zealand" and was fired alongside her husband, Willy Moon, also having lost her record deal.  Her actions/comments were not just but were also not room for erasal from one's own indulgence palette.  People make mistakes.  Why do we hold artists to higher standards than ourselves?  Don't we all wish to be forgiven for our shortcomings.  Yes, some people could have a better and more open-minded approach at apologizing and righting a wrongdoing, but they're only human.  All these social constructs such as "race" and "gender" have really divided us as a whole.  On one end of the spectrum you have traditionalist pushing forth a cookie cutter system which ignores the plights and concerns of others.  On the other, you have diehard progressives who strive to make rigid lines between racial relations and therefore perpetuate a type of social segregation.  A middleground needs to met which acknowledges that perhaps this whole "racial" social construct really isn't as cracked up or effective as one idiot must have thought it originally would be.  

She was a judge on a national TV show and made herself into a national disgrace with the unprofessionalism she showcased.

Also, I try not to judge people for saying ****. We ALL say things we don't always mean to say. But I judge by how people learn from those mistakes and how they grow from the experience of backlash. With the case of Nicki, Halsey, and Iggy, I don't have much room for multiple chances. But I'm willing to give Halsey more credit due to her actually being socially aware in most cases.

itsjustlucarifc
11 minutes ago, juju said:

There have been white female rappers who have made careers without having a blaccent...

...but OK.

Can you name them outside of Fergie? 

Poope MOnster

wow i start to dislike her

this is so dumb move

and this make me a little sad

iggy not deserved amount of this hate at all

just because she white(and come from Australia) and rap .. just some mistake and already apologize after it happen 

even i love halsey latest album more than iggy discography

but if she think this dumb move and unnecessary trash talk is so cool and so right

she lost my respect

what iggy do to her .. she just human and made some mistake

not killing / rape or abuse someone

Archived