Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
charts

ALL Charts Discussion: Gaga: Five Foot Two boosting Joanne and its songs

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

WildAmerican

In other news, Emmy nominations are on Thursday.... Expect the SBHS (&Gaga herself) to snatch

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin
6 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Well it's totally biased but it's not just the sound, it also matters whether you have a penis or not. Gaga tried to pander to radio with a trendy sound and they still showed her a red flag.

Wait, Gaga doesn't have a penis? I'm not stanning America's biggest trans superstar? 

vj1IG.gif

6 hours ago, mariomania1234 said:

Not only was it more diverse, but less ageist. Artists like Madonna, Cher, etc were scoring huge radio hits well into their 40's and even 50's. All it took was a fantastic song I think. It's a shame how things have changed.

but also 20 years ago artists like Madonna and Mariah owned there own record labels and created stars themselves. is there even one female owned recod label. Even Paris Hilton produced a carefully planned album with a hit maker producer on her own private record label. lol Women have got to get together and promote each other. No Doubt had to create their own record label to put out their second album after their first one bombed and that's how we got Tragic Kingdom which was actually their 3rd album.  That's the album with Don't Speak and I'm Just A Girl.  

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JusKeepBreathin
4 hours ago, Talent said:

Some interesting stats: 

(Discounted like forever)

(Performed everywhere)

Wait SWSW is at 115k? I actually thought this number was much worse.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Phlop
2 hours ago, Edge Of Venus said:

Sweetie it's 2017. Videos have almost zero impact on a song's performance compared to 2010. You listed Selena features (It Ain't Me) and Alessa but their video views are minimal compared to their Spotify streams and airplay.

That's dumb to say it zero impact. Sweetie, I'm aware of the year. Videos bring attention to songs and give a visual so listeners would want to stream them.

Every single charting currently has a video.

The only song I can think of in recent chart history without a video was LOTB but that had a big performance and is Rihanna

BYE

Arizona Sky
28 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

Wait SWSW is at 115k? I actually thought this number was much worse.

Is that supposed to be good lol?

Its had so much promo and has been discounted for weeks

DonnieDarko
11 minutes ago, Phlop said:

That's dumb to say it zero impact. Sweetie, I'm aware of the year. Videos bring attention to songs and give a visual so listeners would want to stream them.

Every single charting currently has a video.

The only song I can think of in recent chart history without a video was LOTB but that had a big performance and is Rihanna

Nah, nowadays videos are just additions, nothing more. They certainly do not have any significant impact.

JusKeepBreathin
11 minutes ago, BloodyMonster said:

Is that supposed to be good lol?

Its had so much promo and has been discounted for weeks

I never said it was good. I said I thought it was worse. 

The level of animosity towards Katy on this thread is at level 1000 and there is only 100 levels.

Phlop
27 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

Nah, nowadays videos are just additions, nothing more. They certainly do not have any significant impact.

You're right, Gaga should never record another video.

please, that's the simplest form of promo and YouTube (whether y'all like it or not) is still the best platform for videos and people still use it to listen to music.

No it's not as big as it was, but a video sometimes causes more attention than a performance. And people constantly post videos on social media as well.

BYE

DonnieDarko
2 minutes ago, Phlop said:

You're right, Gaga should never record another video.

please, that's the simplest form of promo and YouTube (whether y'all like it or not) is still the best platform for videos and people still use it to listen to music.

No it's not as big as it was, but a video sometimes causes more attention than a performance. And people constantly post videos on social media as well.

Key word - "sometimes". And nowadays rarely. The era when the videos had significant impact on *every* potential hit at least two years ago.

Also, I never said Lady Gaga should never release another video. 

TheCureinMalibu

Lady Gaga has sold +2.5M SPS in the US with Million Reasons and The Cure combined only.

tumblr_nufjogmBHD1shmjpwo1_250.gif

Shaney

They play TC two or more times a day when I work at Sonic. Feels weird to hear her on the radio.

Arturo

Also not sure why they just don't keep TC's discount. It might not even hit 350,000 this week.

ArtGagaPop
3 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Also not sure why they just don't keep TC's discount. It might not even hit 350,000 this week.

Because her new smash that will sale 3.5m is coming on friday :gaycat:

Spoiler

Jk gaga will never release music again :selena:

• PartySick locked this topic
  • Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived