💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

So, Joanne won b!tches...

fede ARTPOP

Featured Posts

ItsTommyBitch
6 hours ago, fede ARTPOP said:

Trust me...Joanne meaning/impact on pop culture will sht all over Witnezz and Melotrama. 

tumblr_ofgubo5fkX1ufiit5o1_r1_500.gif

What impact on pop culture? :gum: 

Joanne is no Lemonade

Critics have already essentially declared Melodrama the "pop" album of the year and one of the best releases of the year regardless of genre. Even if this album doesn't become a critical blockbuster, this is a very beautifully sentimental album that has way more potential to affect pop music in general for its soundscape and lyricism. Joanne was literally "Gagas back! And she's country sort of~" So far, I havent seen this kind of thing reflected anywhere at all in pop culture, other than in references to Joanne specifically.

If anything, I will guess that Miley Cyrus's new album will be more impactful than Joanne in that so far it seems to be country/folk inspired but about positivity and good vibes - I can see Pop AOTY noms including Miley Cyrus's album too.

I really do love Joanne for what it is, but stans on here act like it was the second coming of Jesus but I just haven't seen anyone talk about it at all :gum: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yASSsss

I tried listening to Melodrama and could barely make it to the fifth track.it sounded monotonous for the most part.I don't get the hype for this album.I like Lorde's songwriting skills but her songs are definitely not for me.:wtfga:

Witness is a trashy album.I liked a few songs on my first listen but they aged horribly.Its been only 13 days since it came out and I'm already bored of this album.:wtfga:

Joanne won :applause:  Talent Won :applause: The better album won :applause: The better artist won :applause: Humanity won :applause: 

Lack of talent LOST .

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

yASSsss
22 minutes ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

Joanne is no Lemonade

Critics have already essentially declared Melodrama the "pop" album of the year and one of the best releases of the year regardless of genre. Even if this album doesn't become a critical blockbuster, this is a very beautifully sentimental album that has way more potential to affect pop music in general for its soundscape and lyricism. Joanne was literally "Gagas back! And she's country sort of~" So far, I havent seen this kind of thing reflected anywhere at all in pop culture, other than in references to Joanne specifically.

If anything, I will guess that Miley Cyrus's new album will be more impactful than Joanne in that so far it seems to be country/folk inspired but about positivity and good vibes - I can see Pop AOTY noms including Miley Cyrus's album too.

I really do love Joanne for what it is, but stans on here act like it was the second coming of Jesus but I just haven't seen anyone talk about it at all :gum: 

here's an article on Joanne's impact:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7744316/with-million-reasons-is-lady-gaga-bringing-back-the-vocalist-era

I could say the same for Melodrama.I haven't seen anyone talk about it in real life except pop forums and twitter gays 

ItsTommyBitch
5 minutes ago, yASSsss said:

Million reasons =/= Joanne the album.

Gaga has received a lot of positive reception int he last few years, even before Joanne and the Superbowl because of her vocals... But that is Gaga. Not the album and the album cycle of "Joanne"

Which is why I think MR could get a nom, but its chances are astronomically higher than Joanne's. 

It failed to produce many hits (it had arguably one in Million Reasons), and it wasn't a commercial darling either, which means on the records it had little impact :shrug: Culturally, socially? Thats harder to quantify, but its no Lemonade or even Beyonce self-titled. Could her approach to vocals on the entire record have made an impact? Perhaps, but I doubt it. It's not like shes the only one doing it :gum: 

I sound like such a hater. I just think people are hardcore overselling the impact of Joanne. 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

7 hours ago, bliaz said:

That's your opinion. But 201k is more than 100k, so... :trollga: People have chosen! 

You can't compare Lorde to the Lady Gaga who's more than ten years in the business with several top ten hits 

yASSsss
19 minutes ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

Million reasons =/= Joanne the album.

Gaga has received a lot of positive reception int he last few years, even before Joanne and the Superbowl because of her vocals... But that is Gaga. Not the album and the album cycle of "Joanne"

Which is why I think MR could get a nom, but its chances are astronomically higher than Joanne's. 

It failed to produce many hits (it had arguably one in Million Reasons), and it wasn't a commercial darling either, which means on the records it had little impact :shrug: Culturally, socially? Thats harder to quantify, but its no Lemonade or even Beyonce self-titled. Could her approach to vocals on the entire record have made an impact? Perhaps, but I doubt it. It's not like shes the only one doing it :gum: 

I sound like such a hater. I just think people are hardcore overselling the impact of Joanne. 

lol,not you saying that MR isn't a part of Joanne to prove your point :sharon: .Did you read your post before hitting the reply button :sweat: .

No one has ever here said that Joanne is culturally more important album than Lemonade.where did you get that from?Talking about hits,Did Lemonade produce any hit.Has Melodrama produced any hits so far?

Katsuki Bakugo

It's not nor never been a competition between Gaga, Lorde or Katy. Everyone knows Gaga is a better artist and person than Katy and Lorde is only a foetus compared to Gaga in all of the above. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

XXXXX
8 hours ago, funkyhaus said:

Melodrama is the better album though :gaycat:

wtf is melodrama

edit: i'm sorry i didn't know it was lorde's album

Panchecco

who thought Lorde was gonna reach the top of the top and be compared to postars like Gagz and Kety who have been doing this for 10+ years :golfclap:

anyway I live for the Melodreamers vs Joannesters drama in this thread :lana:

Witnesses?

giphy.gif

but Melodrama & Joanne > Warness :tea:

Why turn it in to a competetion, let people enjoy whatever music they like. I'm curious if people would still compare like this if these stars were male... :reductive:

I love both Joanne & Melodrama, they're completely different albums & can't really be compared. It's not like the commercial success of an album makes it better anyways.

although I'm happy so see after the AP mess, Gaga has been able to recover :wub:

The Surrealist
2 minutes ago, ZeldaJ said:

Why turn it in to a competetion, let people enjoy whatever music they like. I'm curious if people would still compare like this if these stars were male... :reductive:

Yes, they do.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7767681/harry-styles-niall-horan-zayn-malik-debut-solo-songs-charts

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6509698/kendrick-lamar-first-week-album-sales-comparison

https://www.sohh.com/futures-self-titled-album-destroys-competition-monster-first-week-sales-revealed/

OT: This site is becoming more delusional everyday.

funkyhaus
2 hours ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

Joanne is no Lemonade

Some little monsters are still living in 2011 :reductive:

Archived