💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

HDD: #18 Katy -92% sales -89% SPS; #1 Lorde 73k/95k

Born To Slay

Featured Posts

Born To Slay
12 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

honey her REAL album sales are like 40K something. More than 130K copies were from the tour bundle :toofunny: And Lorde is an indie artist. Katy is a top pop girl, well she was at least :sweat:

Do you have receipts for this claim?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ZiggyZiggs
1 minute ago, Born To Slay said:

Do you have receipts for this claim?

well HDD posted a figure or something but I'm not sure but it's obvious that more than 60% of her sales were from the bundle

freebit
1 hour ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

Shawn actually has the biggest 2nd week sales drop with 89% then comes  MDNA BTW YEEZUS

@Skai Jackson

Wait....I just checked again and The Life of Pablo holds the record of 95% second week drop, so King still keeps his record! :golfclap: (link: http://thatgrapejuice.net/2016/04/chart-check-billboard-200-kanye-wests-pablo-suffers-95-sales-drop-2nd-week/) It remains to be seen if Katy can top that. 

KyliesChild
Just now, freebit said:

@Skai Jackson

Wait....I just checked again and The Life of Pablo holds the record of 95% second week drop, so King still keeps his record! :golfclap: (receipts:  http://thatgrapejuice.net/2016/04/chart-check-billboard-200-kanye-wests-pablo-suffers-95-sales-drop-2nd-week/)

I'm not too surprised that many of his albums drop tremendously because those albums in particular aren't really replay-worthy and fans treat the records as if it's the second coming so after it comes out all of the hype just dwindles. 

DeleteMyAccount

Katy's tour tickets in Milwaukee are selling quite bad as well. I'm very surprised at how far she has dropped...

freebit
2 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

I'm not too surprised that many of his albums drop tremendously because those albums in particular aren't really replay-worthy and fans treat the records as if it's the second coming so after it comes out all of the hype just dwindles. 

I'm surprised that Kanye never gets dragged, but yet...unsurprised. Sexism and P4K-style snobbery in music journalism at its worst. :madge:

OldLittleMonste

One thing Gaga does that's really smart is release her albums (at least AP and Joanne) around the holidays. That really buoys sales. Joanne did drop significantly in its second weeks, but it sort of coasted through the holidays, IIRC.

Talent
7 minutes ago, freebit said:

@Skai Jackson

Wait....I just checked again and The Life of Pablo holds the record of 95% second week drop, so King still keeps his record! :golfclap: (link: http://thatgrapejuice.net/2016/04/chart-check-billboard-200-kanye-wests-pablo-suffers-95-sales-drop-2nd-week/) It remains to be seen if Katy can top that. 

DCzz1WmVwAIYVkS.jpg

đŸ”” - Banned because I quoted a stupid meme. Literally. So, yeah.

ryhanna

How did she go from perhaps the top female artist whose name doesn't rhyme with Ceyonce to... that, so fast?

Born To Slay
14 minutes ago, Talent said:

DCzz1WmVwAIYVkS.jpg

Remember when Born This Way topped this list? Now it's not ever top 10 anymore. 

freebit
17 minutes ago, Talent said:

DCzz1WmVwAIYVkS.jpg

Mess @ Shawn Mendes making the list twice. He's so off my radar that I didn't realize he's released two albums. He must have some die-hard fans. 

Talent
1 minute ago, Born To Slay said:

Remember when Born This Way topped this list? Now it's not ever top 10 anymore. 

tenor.gif

đŸ”” - Banned because I quoted a stupid meme. Literally. So, yeah.

Reality
2 hours ago, Skai Jackson said:

Congratulations Lorde for releasing such an exceptional album and I hope her future endeavors will also prosper as muc as Melodrama and perhaps even more!

“David really liked Lorde, and he felt like she was the future of music, and they had a few wonderful moments together,” Garson explained. “She was the perfect choice. Some of David’s family members and David’s management had some suggestions she’d be the right one. They wanted to bring the next generation in.”

lorde-brit-awards-bowie-tribute-2016-bil

This makes me so sad :(

I mean, great, amazing for Lorde, but Gaga is essentially the female Bowie. He was his biggest inspiration.

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

Archived