💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Bad Romance Gaga's best piece of work ?

Monsterious

Featured Posts

Drin Lon
3 minutes ago, HOTNebraskaGuy said:

Don't hate on that first line. It's one of her best lyrics, maybe you just don't understand the pop culture references?

Not one of her best but yeah I know that it's also supposed to mean "I want your psycho, your vertigho shtick"

But when she performs it and in the video she always does that gesture with her end plus it's followed by the line "want you in my rear window baby"... that's why I quoted it :lolly:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOTNebraskaGuy
Just now, Lucas said:

The first line - also the Vertigo, and Psycho references - are tributes to Hitchcock. Common for all these movies, is that they're centered around love, death and desire. 

Yes I know that's what I was talking about. 

YWRjMTEwMmY3YSMvd2M4Y18yLTk2MU5UdmItNm5M

One, five, ten lay a million on me

Drin Lon
5 minutes ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

Yep. It combines everything that makes her music Gaga - catchy melody, sickening production, intense vocals, and dark mysterious lyrics.

These 3 songs are all aspects of her but Bad Romance combines them - TEOG's vocals, HML's sexuality and Poker Face's catchiness

My problem with BR is that it doesn't make me feel empowered, like some of her other masterpieces :gaycat:

Chromatic
Just now, HOTNebraskaGuy said:

Yes I know that's what I was talking about. 

YWRjMTEwMmY3YSMvd2M4Y18yLTk2MU5UdmItNm5M

Good. I just felt like defining it a little, for the uncultered swines out there. 

The production, singing and everything else about it literally transcended time. A smash hit first single we haven't had since Born This Way. There's just something Renaissance-ish about the tone and production of the song it just works. The video helped too, it was just perfectly executed. 

TBH though if she released it now it'd face a lot of competition on the charts. 2010 was relatively quiet with pop music, except like Rih was around but KP had just gotten going with her stuff, Beyonce had just wrapped up her Sasha Fierce phase and was working on 4. Not a lot was going on.

Sailor

Commercially, yes. Artistically, no.

"Marry the Night" is her best work, artistically, in my eyes.

bannedT for life and it's SAD

Supersonic

It's overrated. Fight me. It's a good song actually, but Gaga being constantly held to Bad Romance's "standards" and people pretending it's the second coming of Jesus Christ (When there are actually even better songs on The Fame Monster like Alejandro, Monster, Telephone & Teeth) made me loathe the song. Musically the song is a Poker Face carbon copy with more steely synths, it's not like she reinvented the wheel. The lyrics of the verses are good, the chorus is underwhelming and lives from its soaring melody alone.

The video is sloppy as well, people just look beyond it being messy because it was so successful. I know that Gaga's videos on YouTube have been doing mediocre at best on YouTube lately, so there's a lot of scrutiny as to why the numbers aren't up to par to her peers. People are trying to come up with reasons for it, such as the videos being unprofessional, sloppy, badly thought out etc. not realizing that there actually very little videos in Gaga's videography that are flawfree from start to finish. (The only ones that come to mind are actually Just Dance, BDR, Poker Face, Eh Eh & LoveGame)

All in all it's a B+ single with people pretending it was best thing since sliced bread, and I turn bitter thinking about how much of Gaga's body of work is slept on just because people are so blinded by success.

FentyGa

MTN is the best lyric and art wise imo
But to listen to, I prefer Alejandro,Telephone, HML, Highway Unicorn, YoĂŒ and I, The Edge Of Glory, MTN, Bad Kids,BTW,Judas, J&D , literally everything from ARTPOP and Joanne...

Bowman

I think Dance In The Dark is gaga's best work. 10/10 song. I don't think she'll ever top it!  :gaysia:

đ•Żđ•”, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

Ariana Grindr
31 minutes ago, funkyhaus said:

I honestly never got the hype surround Bad Romance 

:sharon::oprah::selena:

River

No, her best work is Eh Eh

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

BeerFear

I think she has some songs which are on the same level. PF, Paparazzi, DITD, BR, MTN and TEOG to be exact. It is only a matter of taste which one do you like the most, but  among these there is no superior. These are ALL her best works.

l3q2Eqp0059X1fq2A.gif 

Thomas P

Of course

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Archived