opinion

It's Time To Appreciate Pure Heroine's Most Underrated Song

sethrb101

Featured Posts

Harry
22 minutes ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

YES. MY TOP 2 :giveup: 

Ribs is underrated though. It feels so spiritual :pray: 

I used to cry on the bus to school in HS listening to 400 Lux and World Alone :giveup: The looks everyone gave me too. Everyone on the bus was hella racist and hella homophobic #Missouri

Your taste is flawless as always

& You're better than the entire bunch of them :giveup:

ItsTommyBitch
3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Your taste is flawless as always

& You're better than the entire bunch of them :giveup:

Thanks sis :hug: 

400 Lux is just... small town love in the realest way. The way she says "And I like you" at the beginning of each chorus... and tbh the entire second spoken verse. I melt every damn time. I've played that track like, 1,000 times. That Lorde could talk about it in such a humble, but honest and personal way. It slays me. TThat level of just being beautifully and nonchalantly in love with someone, where its not even a big deal, its casual, but it is and its understood. I want it :giveup: 

Special Shoutout to "No Better" btw, if you guys haven't heard it. It was a track Lorde released a little bit after PH came out, not originally as part of the album, just a standalone track, but it's now on the kind of re-release that packaged No Better, PH, and The Love Club as one 16 track album.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Harry
4 minutes ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

Thanks sis :hug: 

400 Lux is just... small town love in the realest way. The way she says "And I like you" at the beginning of each chorus... and tbh the entire second spoken verse. I melt every damn time. I've played that track like, 1,000 times. That Lorde could talk about it in such a humble, but honest and personal way. It slays me. TThat level of just being beautifully and nonchalantly in love with someone, where its not even a big deal, its casual, but it is and its understood. I want it :giveup: 

Special Shoutout to "No Better" btw, if you guys haven't heard it. It was a track Lorde released a little bit after PH came out, not originally as part of the album, just a standalone track, but it's now on the kind of re-release that packaged No Better, PH, and The Love Club as one 16 track album.

Yep! Nailed it on the head. It's kind of frustrating that she just has this innate ability to use words to so vividly paint a picture of her world. Her story and background is just so... tangible. And 400 Lux is such a good example of it. And she was so young when she wrote that album :giveup: The rest of us stand no chance :giveup:

Yeah No Better is very under recognised!

Lazarus

Honestly... 

A World Alone though... 

And the part where nearly everything except for her vocals cut on the bridge... Then just... 

RAISE A GLASS CAUSE I'M NOT DONE SAYING IT

giphy.gif

THEY ALL WANNA GET ROUGH GET AWAY WITH IT

explosion-animation.gif

ugh

Archived