• Created
  • Last Reply
yASSsss
Just now, Leonardo Fox said:

Katy remains queen of pop

yeah.In Oblivia 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

CircleTheD

So what if Joanne opened better than Witness or some other albums? It had only 2 singles - Perfect Illusion  which bombed and Million Reasons which is rather a fluke than a real hit.

It sold less and streamed far less than Rihanna, Ed, Ariana, Twenty One Pilots, Bruno, The Weeknd, Beyonce. The Joanne World Tour will gross only a little more than Artrave and she performed at Superbowl! :toofunny: You have no rights to come for nobody. Absoluely nobody because Gaga isn't slaying at all. You're acting as if she was on Madonna's level just because she was lucky to perform at Superbowl and Oscars. Be realistic, just congratulate Katy on another chart topper and move on.

mariomania1234
1 hour ago, CircleTheD said:

Amazing numbers for Katy, especially since CTTR wasn't as big as her previous lead singles and neither BA nor SS did too much damage on charts. Her tour is selling really well.

She will go back to studio and make the right moves and collaborations to burn the charts to the grounds. The promo from American Idol will be huge. She isn't stuck up and conceited like some popstars, you know. Katy is meant to stay and many, many popstars would be envious of her long success streak from 2008 - 2014. Actually, I think they are still envious. :D  

Also, some people should really calm down, just because their faves peformed on major events or sang the songs from popular blockbusters doesn't make them relevant and doesn't garantee them future success. 

Many pop stars would also be envious of the biggest imperial phase since Britney Spears and MJ and Madonna before her. Also the insane cultural impact  and the many, many iconic moments (some other stars lack might I add *cough* *cough*). Also, the six Grammys, Golden Globe, and countless other accolades and most importantly, raw talent.

SIT and accept the fact that PRISM was a fluke and that Gaga has beaten her with every other album.

YeehawKylie
1 hour ago, Whispering said:

Or they would have downloaded it illegally or just streamed it a few times...maybe. They might have just listened to the singles and a couple of other songs off of the album from a streaming service or other. 

People here admit to not buying Joanne, but they are going to the tour! Same thing happened with ARTPOP...lots of fans here admitted to downloading the music for free. 

Offering a Concert Ticket + CD bundle contributes to early concert sales and detracts from illegal downloads of the album. I get that not every fan buys an album anymore, that some stream and some choose to torrent. That being said, a promotion that provides the CD with a concert ticket is smart and fan-friendly. 

1 hour ago, Whispering said:

It's not a bad idea to offer a free copy with tour tickets, but it is different than fans actually shelling out their money for the CD. It's a way to pad the numbers, which is fine, but the fact that it is shouldn't be dismissed. 

Acknowledgement is fine, but at the end of the day those numbers are accurate. I'm tired of seeing smart promotion frowned upon. This is certainly no different than the Rihanna + Samsung promotion or the $0.99 copies of Born this Way. When Amazon Music offered a promotion of Joanne for $3.99 it was criticized for elevating her numbers. That bothered me and so does this tour bundle criticism. 

yASSsss
Just now, CircleTheD said:

So what if Joanne opened better than Witness or some other albums? It had only 2 singles - Perfect Illusion  which bombed and Million Reasons which is rather a fluke than a real hit.

It sold less and streamed far less than Rihanna, Ed, Ariana, Twenty One Pilots, Bruno, The Weeknd, Beyonce. The Joanne World Tour will gross only a little more than Artrave andshe performed at Superbowl! :toofunny: You have no rights to come for nobody Absoluely nobody because Gaga isn't slaying at all. She was just lucky to be a Superbowl performer. Be realistic, just congratulate Katy on another chart topper and move on.

so now you're using other artists to drag Gaga .a kii. Kats are having meltdowns everywhere and i'm living for it

SUFFER 

:ladyhaha:

YeehawKylie

It sold less and streamed far less than Rihanna, Ed, Ariana, Twenty One Pilots, Bruno, The Weeknd, Beyonce. The Joanne World Tour will gross only a little more than Artrave and she performed at Superbowl! :toofunny: You have no rights to come for nobody. Absoluely nobody because Gaga isn't slaying at all. You're acting as if she was on Madonna's level just because she was lucky to perform at Superbowl and Oscars. Be realistic, just congratulate Katy on another chart topper and move on.

A little advice: in attempting to defend Katy Perry (or any other artist) you do not have to belittle Lady Gaga (or any other artist) or any of her accomplishments. 

CircleTheD
Just now, mariomania1234 said:

Many pop stars would also be envious of the biggest imperial phase since Britney Spears and MJ and Madonna before her. Also the insane cultural impact  and the many, many iconic moments (some other starts lack might I add *cough* *cough*). Also, the six Grammys, Golden Globe, and countless other accolades.

SIT. 

Which was in 2010 and 2011 and that was long time ago. You guys are really living in the past like Army. Now, we're in 2017 where Gaga is far below Rihanna, Beyonce, Ariana, The Weeknd, Bruno... She's fading on radio and streaming and if something isn't done, her next era will be Britney Jean or Avril Lavigne. No shade, but it's brutal reality of the pop world.

mariomania1234
Just now, CircleTheD said:

Which was in 2010 and 2011 and that was long time ago. You guys are really living in the past like Army. Now, we're in 2017 where Gaga is far below Rihanna, Beyonce, Ariana, The Weeknd, Bruno... She's fading on radio and streaming and if something isn't done, her next era will be Britney Jean or Avril Lavigne. No shade, but it's brutal reality of the pop world.

We'll see when it's all said and done.

As your fave said "Time is the ultimate truth teller". Good luck with the rest of your time here, I'm sure it wont be long as you've only joined to flamebait.

yASSsss

This is so sad. I don't like Katy but i'll never go on her fansite to talk **** about her. Pop music is not that serious :selena:

CircleTheD
4 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

A little advice: in attempting to defend Katy Perry (or any other artist) you do not have to belittle Lady Gaga (or any other artist) or any of her accomplishments. 

And what are Gaga's accomplishments beyond her peak 12346 years ago? She's fading on radio, in streaming, in touring. Joanne tour will be lucky to reach a 100M$ gross :toofunny: You guys love to brag about Grammys and Gaga hasn't won one for her own material since 2011. Pray for her because the following years might be rough for her. She needs luck and you know that very well.

YeehawKylie

And what are Gaga's accomplishments beyond her peak 12346 years ago? She's fading on radio, in streaming, in touring. Joanne tour will be lucky to reach a 100M$ gross :toofunny: You guys love to brag about Grammys and Gaga hasn't won one for her own material since 2011. Pray for her because the following years might be rough for her.

So I guess you're just continue to hate on other artists then...okay. 

CircleTheD

You guys keep using the impact/talent card when hard receipts are telling her success and starpower are strongly fading away. Not to mention those ancient receipts from 2009 - 2011 :toofunny: Even if Katy's career ended this month, her success still lasted 3 years longer than Gaga's and she was growing with each era unlike Gaga who kept declining.  Accept that Gaga isn't a main pop girl anymore and is far below the aftermentioned artists.

Phong Le
23 minutes ago, CircleTheD said:

Lol using Rihanna really? Don't you remember that her albums were bought by Samsung. 

DeanWinchester
7 minutes ago, CircleTheD said:

Even if Katy's career ended this month, her success still lasted 3 years longer than Gaga

but Gaga debuted better than Katy with their most recent era so your logic doesn't really quite work now does it? may God bless you on your journey :laughga:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Archived