Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga the latest great newcomer of pop music?

bumblebee

Featured Posts

TSUNAMI
10 hours ago, Robinladen said:

2018-2019: Soon

Me :queenga:

With a debut single: "Shake Dat"

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PunkTheFunk
8 hours ago, Craig Barnes said:

People call Katy Perry iconic though even though I'd say she's not:selena:

Kety is not nearly as iconic as her stans make her out to be :madge:

PunkTheFunk
1 hour ago, bumblebee said:

dear ladies and gentlemen let's keep it repsectful 

no negativity in this thread thank you 

giphy.gif

Living for your gifs tbh :diane:

Irrelevant
10 hours ago, Lyou said:

Tf everyone is obsessed with Lorde. When I hear her songs I just want to kill my self. :whitney:

That's cause Royals was the worst song she ever released

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

15jocart
8 hours ago, Dutch said:

And lets not forget the iconic Fame Perfume era:

tumblr_mcf39aAzVp1rj7iu5o1_500.gif

The word iconic is used so loosely around here lol

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

Chuckles
10 hours ago, Harry said:

But if we're not considering stars who were on Nick/Disney, why is Britney considered since she had a Disney background too? Does that mean Gaga's debut is even more impressive than Brit's? It's debatable

I was thinking the same that Brit should not be considered as she had that type of background

boyerased

Yes. Statistically others may have greater numbers but everybody knows even her peers how Gaga was a tour de force during 2009-2011. The amount of impact in pop culture and music she has is astounding. For female debuts I'd say it was Madonna, then Mariah (ya'll forget that debut album and that she owned the 90's) then Britney and then Gaga. 

Also, I think Justin's debut was meteoric. He just lacks acclaim. 

weed

She really is of the very few who came out of nowhere and just exploded overnight

Lorde + Meghan Trainor also just came out of nowhere, but their personal fame (I.e. Royals was doing great but Lorde herself wasn't like THE it girl) was no where close as far as I can recall.

after editing so many times now I'm like Kesha! She exploded with her debut, had many successful singles after.

in terms of success AND popping out of nowhere (not to mention cultural impact, Gaga is the one of late 2000s), no one will match. Except maybe Bieber but idk if he had a following before exploding. But even then his debut sales were not impressive, he just become an icon of hate (and honestly, remembering that, I don't blame him for his personality. Literally the whole internet minus his teen girl fans **** on him) 

damn I'm typing so much idek why. It's 5am :sweat:

xoxo Craig
12 minutes ago, BloodyGlory said:

Katy Hudson?? :ladyhaha:

Kathy Beth Terry of course:ladyhaha:

End Racism Now

10 hours ago, 15jocart said:

The word iconic is used so loosely around here lol

Gaga's whole career is an iconic work of art :gaycat: TF is iconic, TFM is iconic, BTW is iconic, AP is iconic, C2C is iconic, Joanne is iconic:sis:

bumblebee
1 hour ago, neptugne said:

Except maybe Bieber but idk if he had a following before exploding. But even then his debut sales were not impressive

damn I'm typing so much idek why. It's 5am :sweat:

Yes, he did, and he released some singles before he dropped My World 2.0, and he had an EP My World released before he slammed YouTube with "Baby"

sleep well 

bumblebee
10 hours ago, Chuckles said:

It could be

He could, he could belong together :interestinga: But Bruno Mars was feautred on some major singles before he released his debut album. He was a guest on "Nothing On You" by B.o.B ( a number one single on Billboard Hot 100) and on "Billionaire" by Travie McCoy (number four single on Billboard Hot 100) 

So I'd say no 

giphy.gif

Archived