opinion

Joanne>>>Melodrama

Quark

Featured Posts

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MichealScott

Why are we comparing these two albums when they are not even similar to each otherĀ 

Why does it matter if someone else thinks one is better than the otherĀ 

their both really good albumsĀ 

7ac1334b5474b30553c93e7199c7e881.gif

bloody g

Melodrama is way better than Joanne to me. But you can't really compare them, one is meant to sell and have commerical success and the other one is indie.Ā :gaycat:

怎šŸššš­šž šœššš§š§šØš­ š›šž šœš”ššš§š šžšć€

Lord Temptation

Melodrama<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Pure Heroine

Seriously thisĀ is such a step back for Lorde. Four years waiting....for songs that sound like offcuts fromĀ her (amazing) debut?Ā 

It's not a progression. It's justĀ more of the same, but lesser quality than the first time round.

Pure Heroine : 8.5/10

Melodrama : 4.5/10

CatelynnMarie
13 hours ago, neptugne said:

I think Lorde's lyrics are better

This, but sonically I'm just not into Melodrama. Perhaps sometime in the future I will be, but at this particular time, I'm just not here for itĀ :shrug:

Any chance of Lady Gaga winning a Grammy this year have all but disappeared. Lorde will be nominated for every pop category and will take the sole female spot in the general field.Ā 

Manul
1 hour ago, bumblebee said:

Thank you for the kind wordsĀ 

nPGwZED.gif

I love this Neck Meinj gif

it wasn't laaaahv

bumblebee
1 minute ago, Giorgio said:

I love this Neck Menj gif

who peed into your cornflakes this morningĀ 

how dare you compare the B-list hip-hop artist with an acclaimed Brazilian gif sensation

giphy.gif

Ā 

DiamondAngel

We should add a poll. Make it interesting. While Joanne has higher highs, it also has lower lows, and IMO Melodrama is a little better.

heygirl

gaga didn't push pop music as much as she did with her other records as she did with joanne. additionally, i think lorde brought more new-sounding music to the scene than gaga did. also think melodrama is superior in its production, cohesive story, and lyrics.Ā 

Spoiler

joanne's lyrics aren't deep and way too repetitive way too often

Spoiler

yes im aware the meaning behind it is deep but the lyrical language isn't poetry.

Spoiler

a great example of gaga poetry: DONT U KNOW MY ASS IS FAMOUS.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

be kind guys

fede ARTPOP

IA. Almost each song on Joanne sounds unique and more powerful, Melodrama has only 2 songs that I like, despite having 11 songs and some are same song repeated, and Lorde album names tbhĀ :toofunny:, meanwhile Joanne at least has meaning.Ā :classy:Ā Ā 

šŸ–¤ C H R O M A T I C A šŸ–¤

fede ARTPOP
23 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

Any chance of Lady Gaga winning a Grammy this year have all but disappeared. Lorde will be nominated for every pop category and will take the sole female spot in the general field.Ā 

Still. Gaga >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lorde

šŸ–¤ C H R O M A T I C A šŸ–¤

bumblebee
24 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

Gaga has a serious chance of taking home song of the year for Million ReasonsĀ 

Melodrama makes things a bit more complicated, because if the two albums indeed are nominated for Album of the Year, they will also share the same category in Pop. But if some other album wins Album of the Year, Gaga has some chances to take Best Pop Album, it's too carefree to just write her offĀ 

Quark
1 hour ago, Bloody Grammys said:

Melodrama is way better than Joanne to me. But you can't really compare them, one is meant to sell and have commerical success and the other one is indie.Ā :gaycat:

Considering Melodrama is full of current musical trends (bass, trap, synth pop/ballads), It looks like Joanne is the indie album (country, folk, soul, alternative rock, electronica).Ā 

Archived