Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

Best Male Debuts of the 2010s?

n0ne

Featured Posts

n0ne

Obviously inspired by @juju's great thread.

GGD as whole tends to sleep on male artists/bands, but I think there just as many great male performers out today as there are female artists/bands. As well, the 2010s have been a pretty amazing era for male debuts, so I'd to see what are some of your favorites from this period?

*Here's my list*

Spoiler

220px-BadSuns_LanguageAndPerspective.jpg220px-Bastille_-_Bad_Blood_(Album).png220px-Dopamine_Studio_Album_Cover.jpg220px-In_a_Tidal_Wave_of_Mystery_by_Capi220px-Torches_foster_the_people.jpg220px-Night_Visions_Album_Cover.jpeg220px-Album_66_296_ff6.jpg220px-Americanteen.jpg220px-Madeon_-_Adventure.jpg220px-MajidJordanalbum.jpg220px-Iloveyou_the_neighbourhood.jpeg220px-Sam_Smith_-_In_the_Lonely_Hour_(Of220px-Troye_Sivan_-_Blue_Neighbourhood.p220px-Years_&_Years_-_Communion_(cover).220px-Young_the_Giant_-_Young_the_Giant.220px-Zayn_-_Mind_of_Mine_(Official_Albu220px-Zedd_-_Clarity_(album).png220px-Generationwhy_Zhu.jpg220px-The_Words_You_Dont_Swallow.jpg220px-The_1975_(album)_by_The_1975.png

The album titles in the order they are presented above (just in case it's hard for some to see):

Spoiler

Language & Perspective by Bad Suns,

Bad Blood by Bastille,

Dopamine by BØRNS,

In a Tidal Wave of Mystery by Capital Cities,

Torches by Foster the People,

Night Visions by Imagine Dragons,

Jungle by Jungle,

American Teen by Khalid,

Adventure by Madeon,

Majid Jordan by Majid Jordan,

I Love You by The Neighbourhood,

In the Lonely Hour by Sam Smith,

Blue Neighbourhood by Troye Sivan,

Communion by Years & Years,

Young the Giant by Young the Giant,

Mind of Mine by ZAYN,

Clarity by Zedd,

GENERATIONWHY by ZHU,

The Words You don't Swallow by Anabor,

The 1975 by The 1975

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

SpookyKid

Twenty One Pilots (technically their first album was released in 2009, but they got signed in 2012) :sis: 

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

n0ne
1 minute ago, SpookyKid said:

Twenty One Pilots (technically their first album was released in 2009, but they got signed in 2012) :sis: 

Yeah I would have included them

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

Ooolong

Hm, I like Years & Years, Frank Ocean, The Weeknd, Twenty One Pilots, and Harry Styles' debut solo album. 

Spoiler

Not sure if all of them technically meet the deadline but none of them reached popularity until this decade, so. :gaysia: 

The Unbannable Chanteuse

SpookyKid
1 minute ago, Batwings said:

81iSM6Nk0EL._SL1469_.jpg

Gameshow is so good :giveup: 

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

n0ne
28 minutes ago, Ooolong said:

Harry Styles' debut solo album. 

Hide contents

Not sure if all of them technically meet the deadline but none of them reached popularity until this decade, so. :gaysia: 

All of them do besides Twenty One pilots.

Haven't heard all of Harry's album but what I have, I really liked.

Werk

JAHKOY, MAX, Jack Garrett, James Bay Childish Gambino, and there's plenty of more that I can't remember right now so I'll be constantly editing this

n0ne
2 minutes ago, shmal96 said:

81Hs2WB4DCL._SL1428_.jpg 

I almost included him lol

Radio Ga Ga

Imagine Dragons

but sadly their second and third album stuff can't match their first :hor:

Werk

20 minutes ago, Werk said:

JAHKOY, MAX, Jack Garrett, James Bay Childish Gambino, and there's plenty of more that I can't remember right now so I'll be constantly editing this

Tor Miller, Shy Carter, Labrinth and my list still doesn't stop there but it's so huge that I just give up :selena: 

Archived