💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Lorde - Melodrama (Album Discussion)

monsterdino

Featured Posts

chiuga

Lorde is the only good thing that's happened to pop this year besides the superBowl (although she's more of the alternative genre). thanks for saving the music business after that atrocious trash released last Friday

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LostSpark
36 minutes ago, chiuga said:

Lorde is the only good thing that's happened to pop this year besides the superBowl (although she's more of the alternative genre). thanks for saving the music business after that atrocious trash released last Friday

This album is pure pop

Mythos

I haven't been so fascinated by an pop album for ages, probably since TFM. The lyrics, the production, the feelings, everyting is just perfect and i haven't ever been Lorde fan, liked 2-3 songs but that's it, but with this Album she has won me over :giveup:

NIghtmareElm

Anyone seeing her in Dallas in March?  I need to see her now.  Was going to see The Weeknd but I'm saving my money for her instead.  

chiuga
42 minutes ago, LostSpark said:

This album is pure pop

i know i'm going by the genre listed on her itunes profile.

Psychic Guru

This is one of the best albums I've ever heard. I'm speechless. 

People were right when they said that she was the David Bowie of the 2000s.

ItsTommyBitch

I was thinking about what I would say if I met Lorde and got to talk to her about PH and Melodrama, and I literally started crying, because it's so hard to put into words :giveup: 

But really, her mind is something else. When she was 16 she had the world "figured out" and rebelled in her own introspective way, which is exactly how I felt at the time. If I couldn't change the world, I could just always remain vigilant and self-aware and take comfort in the small and familiar. 

But in just 4 years, shes so much ahead of her contemporaries. I don't mean just sonically or lyrically, but it seems in terms of personal growth and maturation. They reacted to young adult hood with the avarice and callousness that is expected of 20 something year olds, but Lorde's foray into this transitional period of life feels very meta. She's not just presenting events as snapshots, shes painting a picture with these memories, which gives me the impression that she's already beyond everything she's talking about. She takes in, processes, feels, and embraces whats coming next in realtime.

"All the night spent off our faces, trying to find these Perfect Places. What the **** are Perfect Places anyway?" - what a way to end this record :giveup: Yet again, she's already got it figured out. When will you tbh? 

Top 5 as of now in no order:

Hard Feelings/Loveless

The Louvre

Supercut

Liability

Perfect Places

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

XMonsterMonster

This album is good as ****. I am not even a fan of hers, but I just fell in love with the album. 

Best Pop Album of 2017 :giveup:

phillipaf

I didn't think that I'd ever purchase tickets for a tour before I even heard the record but well, here we are... And I love it :golfclap:

I love how in the louvre when she says 'broadcast the boom boom boom and make me all dance to it' she means to put a megaphone to her heart so everyone can hear how fast it is beating, it is so clever and creative:giveup: and how sober 2 is what happens when they are sober, I justcan't handle her lyrical and production slayage

ItsTommyBitch
Just now, LordGa said:

I love how in the louvre when she says 'broadcast the boom boom boom and make me all dance to it' she means to put a megaphone to her heart so everyone can hear how fast it is beating, it is so clever and creative:giveup: and how sober 2 is what happens when they are sober, I justcan't handle her lyrical and production slayage

Yes :giveup: The Louvre's like, anti chorus ****ing slays me tbh. I can imagine lots of people hating it though.

Think about that line though - they aren't just feeling how fast it's beating - for one thing, its fast enough to dance to, but they also feel it, its a dance floor :giveup: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

OliverViennese

My two cents:

I love love love Melodrama! Green Light is my favourite pop-single released this year. It was an incredible comeback and I'm still so in love with this song. Liability was a song I also appreciated since day 1 but I felt the reason for her to make it a promotional single was to show people that there would be more to Melodrama than just the bop that is Green Light (I will never understand people who judge albums solely based on a lead single). Sober was a love at first listen and so was Perfect Places. However Perfect Places was an earworm from the very beginning, when the album closed with it, I fell in love with it all over again. It's one of the songs that is great anyway, but when you hear it in the context of the whole album it's all the more exciting (I felt very similiarly with Applause). No surprises that Homemade Dynamite is as good, as one would have anticipated it to be after witnessing her live performance at Coachella. The Louvre was the first real new song on the album and kind of feels like a new direction for her - so does Writer in the Dark. She's definetely trying new things and while it might not be for everyone it is very important for the full album, as it shows that she is in no way a Royals/Pure Heroine One-Trick-Pony. Hard Feelings/Loveless is a really interesting combination, with especially the last part being a fitting interlude into the second part of the record. Sober II (Melodrama), also first presented in one of her Coachella sets, is a great kind-of-titlesong as she once again shows, how the instrumentation can kind of epic, while the song still feels sort-of stripped back as a whole. I love those beats kicking in. I feel it is what this album is all about. The Melodrama-genre being "universal" and not "new" at all, but with these hip-hop beats Lorde is taking a modern spin on it. Of course I enjoy Supercut as it has been described to be a Green Light 2.0. Those last three songs send me to heaven really. I love how she kind of mirrors the album opener with Supercut, then goes on to reprise Liability, a song that is right in the middle of the tracklist and then closes with the bop that is Perfect Places, a song in a way reminiscent of Pure Heroine, but also absolutely in tune with the Melodrama vibe.

https://www.last.fm/user/derOlliM

Writer in the Dark is so honestly. My personal album's highlight.

'I am my mother's child, I'll love you till my breathing stops. I'll love till you call the cops on me.'

Archived