💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What's the Skype Ball drama?

Moebius

Featured Posts

Moebius

I've seen y'all recall this supposed messy event, I'm young to this site so I don't know what all the fuss is about :oprah: 
Someone care to elaborate? IN DETAILS PLEASE :selena: 

giphy.gif

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AlexanderMagno

Oh gosh :sharon: really cute how every once in a while someone asks about this.

It was the most cringey livestream interview you'll ever see. The questions were absolutely ridiculous, Gaga was absolutely not there for it, the whole thing was awkward. The beginning of the mess tbh.

Reality

I'm actually now watching it for the first time :giveup:

I was sort of afraid to watch it because people said it was just so bad, but now I just have to watch this :giveup:

🃏🖤👹

Moebius

:emma: 

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

EdgeofTeeth

This was one of the most anticlimactic events in the history of any of us being Gaga stans tbh :emma:

bumblebee
8 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I'm actually now watching it for the first time :giveup:

I was sort of afraid to watch it because people said it was just so bad, but now I just have to watch this :giveup:

I don't think there is anything bad with the streaming and the interview itself. There are no words poetic enough to give people an understanding of what it actually felt like. We were in the middle of the drought. Ever since the Oprah interview in early 2012, Gaga went into a media blackout that was lasting for a year. We had no sources of information about her new music except for her not-so-frequent visits to LM.com, Fozzi videos, Fame perfume launch events and the videos like "GAGA LISTEN TO MY CD! IT SOUNDS AMAZING" :selena:

Nearly a year into blackout, Gaga decided, rather randomly, to make an interview with fans on Skype, and we were all super-excited, because, firstly, she WAS GIVING AN INTERVIEW AND MAYBE IT WAS ABOUT MUSIC, and secondly, it was before or in the early days of North America Born This Way Ball tour. 

So it was January, 2013, we had minimum news about ARTPOP except that it was an assault on our minds, and we were all so overhyped, nervous, and excited, and then Gaga came and the interview was about everything but new album and new music. WE WERE SO FREAKED OUT, I think the site went out for a couple of minutes because of the line of people willing to make nasty comments about Gaga and all her team. Capital MESS. 

Zilla

1. They asked for fan questions and maybe 1 fan was an actual fan, the rest were fabricated and had no inkling what they were talking about

2. We were inbetween albums and wanted album info but she refused to answer any questions on it and rather answer questions on other things that had nothing to do with anything

3. She herself was......off or something. Like you could tell she was uncomfortable the entire time and everyone was like on edge or something. 

It was like a trainwreck you couldn't look away. Very weird time in fandom history

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

bumblebee
2 minutes ago, Zilla said:

1. They asked for fan questions and maybe 1 fan was an actual fan, the rest were fabricated and had no inkling what they were talking about

2. We were inbetween albums and wanted album info but she refused to answer any questions on it and rather answer questions on other things that had nothing to do with anything

3. She herself was......off or something. Like you could tell she was uncomfortable the entire time and everyone was like on edge or something. 

It was like a trainwreck you couldn't look away. Very weird time in fandom history

Sometimes I think that the fans who survived that preARTPOP drought are the strongest and most loyal ones! 

But then I remember that DWUW video mess, the second blackout and the cheek to cheek era were upon us as well. 

Being a Gaga fan is such a roller coaster :giveup:

HOTNebraskaGuy

She should pull a Katy and do a multiple days worth of livestream to fill in the ugly hole that is the Skype Ball

One, five, ten lay a million on me

Archived