Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
music news

Halsey’s album first #1 by a woman since 'Joanne'

Talent

Featured Posts

Talent

SVXgrEG.jpg?1

"Halsey’s new album is the first by a woman to be No. 1 on the Billboard 200 in 2017. The last leading lady to top the chart was Lady Gaga, whose Joanne album debuted on the list dated Nov. 12, 2016 — more than seven months ago. In the last 12 months, Halsey is only the fourth solo woman to top the Billboard 200, following Lady Gaga, Solange (A Seat at the Table) and Barbra Streisand (Encore: Movie Partners Sing Broadway). Comparatively, in the last 12 months, 16 men have earned No. 1s (including a pair each for Drake and Future), 10 groups (and only one with a female member: Pentatonix), two soundtracks (Fifty Shades Darker and Suicide Squad) and one compilation (The Hamilton Mixtape)."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7825776/halsey-hopeless-fountain-kingdom-no-1-album-billboard-200-chart?utm_source=twitter

_______

I'm genuinely curious about this. Why are women struggling so much (don't say "bad music" when Justin's collabs, The Chainsmokers and others are out there)? I thought Malibu by Miley was going to be a SMASH but look at it now. Is this streaming's fault? Are "the bros" that powerful? 

🔵 - Banned because I quoted a stupid meme. Literally. So, yeah.

:applause: Congrats Halsey! 

But it's TRAGIC only 4 females hit the top spot since June, 2016 :madge: At least, Katy is gonna snatch that #1 next week :lana:

9 minutes ago, Talent said:

I'm genuinely curious about this. Why are women struggling so much (don't say "bad music" when Justin's collabs, The Chainsmokers and others are out there)? I thought Malibu by Miley was going to be a SMASH but look at it now. Is this streaming's fault? Are "the bros" that powerful? 

I think streaming is still not that important for album sales but this is still tragic:saladga: There haven't been many huge female releases lately tho?

Talent
2 minutes ago, LoisLilMonster said:

I think streaming is still not that important for album sales but this is still tragic:saladga: There haven't been many huge female releases lately tho?

Actually, a lot. 

Saint Hollywood

Toxic masculinity has come back into the limelight, I thought we already knew this

WUuB5qd.gif

Damon

She totally deserves, my second favorite album this year, such a masterpiece :applause:

... and now i just sit in silence.

Talent
12 minutes ago, LoisLilMonster said:

Oh :selena: Sorry for my ignorance:giveup:

Which ones tho?:huh:

Alicia Keys' Here (peaked #2), Miranda Lambert's The Weight of These Wings (peaked #3), Kehlani's SweetSexySavage (peaked #3), Reba's Sing It Now (peaked #4), Mary J. Blige's Strength of a Woman (peaked #3). And Tove Lo, Dua Lipa, Zara Larsson, Kate Bush, Nelly Furtado, etc etc etc. 

Poope MOnster

lately i secretly think about nonsense conspiracy theory 

about people goes backward when more conservative can easily reach internet in daily life basic

so homophobia / straight / racist empower by trump and the rise of conservative leaders around the world

become a thing again

liberal and feminish are not cool anymore

ew katy fan / miley fan / gaga fan that so gay yuck etc.. etc... :laughga:

or music just not that good
or streaming really effect female artist
katy / selena / miley / iggy under perform :saladga:

berlinforme
4 minutes ago, Talent said:

Alicia Keys' Here (peaked #2), Miranda Lambert's The Weight of These Wings (peaked #3), Kehlani's SweetSexySavage (peaked #3), Reba's Sing It Now (peaked #4), Mary J. Blige's Strength of a Woman (peaked #3). And Tove Lo, Dua Lipa, Zara Larsson, Kate Bush, Nelly Furtado, etc etc etc. 

That's what you consider huge female artists...? :poot:

Talent
Just now, berlinforme said:

That's what you consider huge female artists...? :poot:

Young Jeezy, Logic, Bryson Tiller had #1 albums during 2016/2017. So... 

Archived