šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Witness is a grower

POP2

Featured Posts

I'm going to be honest, I was really excited for Witness but when I heard it at midnight the night it came out, I was severely disappointed. It felt disjointed, awkward and unnatural. However, I listened to it a couple more times and it's REALLY growing on me. I guess I was expecting someĀ Teenage Dream catchinessĀ and was caught off guard by how many songs weren't mainstream pop songs. AllĀ of the songs are pop, yes, but most of them are miles apart from Perry's old work. At first, I wasn't into this new sound from Katy but it's definitely growing on me.Ā 

Are any of you experiencing something similar? Did it get better or worse with more listens?Ā I know a lot of people were disappointed while others were really into it.Ā 

Agreed I hated every track apart from the singles but now I love Roulette, Save as Draft, Miss you More, Witness and PendulumĀ 

Fiona Apple

Absolutely agree. I liked it from the first listen.But now I like it x5 more

Sakrai

It's definitely a new sound for Katy, that's for sure.:unicorn:

But the truth is I don't know where she's going with this. The album itself is not bad, but it just doesn't feel honest. If Katy was going for songwriter points and to make a piece of true expression then I don't see it.:duck: If she was going for hits then it's just not going to happen, I mean, have you heard Despacito? It's a bop and a half, and Witness is just not at that level of catchiness.Ā 
So yeah, after a few listen I decided that it's not a bad album, definitely original for Katy, but I can't really see where she was going with itĀ :duck:Ā And that's all I have to say about that.Ā 

Oh, I'm just visiting-

Amidana

Definitely true. I was super disappointed the first time hearing Witness. Now that its been a few daysĀ I've been listening to this album everyday šŸ˜„Ā 

Bradley

Actually most tracks are grower. Unless the song isĀ absolutely catchy and one-of-a-kindĀ (Judas, Bad Romance, Aura, Applause being examples), it's hard to like a song at first listen.

I enjoy many songs because of my willingness to give them a chance to grow.

SHALLOW

Same thing, i'm really starting to like Witness, Deja VĆ¹ , Hey Hey Hey Ā and Roulette.

lordmaler

I saw a lot of Cats being disappointed with it and I feel them. I still feel the same way about Gagz.

But IMOĀ this album is Katy's the best one. While everyone areĀ serving tropical pop, she served classic pop album. If they will play it right, she will have radio hits in Europe (Maybe Asia too)

Also I would like Katy to contact RedOne to remix "Bigger Than Me"

badboigiankie

I'm really hookedĀ into Pendulum, CTTR, and Witness (obvs). Haven't taken the time to listen to the full album.Ā 

Ā 

And it's not that it has to grow into you, but the unnecessary fact that some people from other fanbases have this "thing" of prejudging and/orĀ hating on Katy just for the fun of it makes y'all think that. And it's lame and childish, tbqh.Ā :interestinga: #NotVeryBornThisWay

Anchor in me āš“

Gypsygaga1

I disliked it on the first listen, but now I love it.

Ā 

My faves are Save as Draft, Into me you see, Witness; DĆ©jĆ  Vu and Tsunami

Perfect Ilusion

Damon

I told you gahls, it's like Prism seeds, plant them and let Witness light grow inside of each one of youĀ :pray:

... and now i just sit in silence.

Nirvana

Yes, it is, I only liked a few tracks at first but now I like the album a lot better. It's quite solid record, and bit different what she's done before. I really like Witness, Roulette, Miss you more (a good ballad!), Power and Tsunami. Pendulum and Deja Vu are nice too.

Of course there are a bit cringe lyrics, but I still think this album may have them less than the earlier ones. I'd rank this higher than Prism and Teenage Dream - One Of The Boys has one of my favourite Katy tracks and the rock sound I liked about Katy in the beginning.

I feel she's trying to be more authentic, and free herself. Maybe in the future she should try that even harder. I also like that livestream idea, and the therapy session was really touching. :heart:

Dirtyicecreamz

Everyone wanted to hate it because it's katy. I liked it from the get go but still think that some songs need an extra push, or should be a bit more catchy. I've been listening to Roulette on repeat though, its most gaga-esque song

Stop the music, Start the drama.

I loved most of the album on the first listen.

My personal faves are Witness, Hey Hey Hey, Roulette, Swish Swish, Deja Vu, Miss You More, and PendulumĀ :happy:

xoxo Craig
37 minutes ago, Mars Spider said:

I told you gahls, it's like Prism seeds, plant them and let Witness light grow inside of each one of youĀ :pray:

You know it, bro:whitney:

End Racism Now

Archived