💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Witness Gaining Negative Reviews

Featured Posts

Wren Graves from Consequence of Sound gave the album a rating of C. He listed "Swish Swish", "Power", and "Déjà Vu" as essential tracks, but felt that most of the other songs were more of a "filler", and that a lack of cohesiveness with Perry's output made Witness inferior to her previous material. Andy Gill from The Independent rated the record 2 out of 5 stars. He criticized the production of the tracks, especially the ones by Max Martin, describing them as "identical to everyone else's". Gill ended the review saying that tracks listed towards the end of Witness were "far more interesting". Mikael Wood from Los Angeles Times shared a similar view in his analysis of the album. Wood was critical of the musical direction on Witness, the supposed "purposeful pop" being lost in the tracks and Perry's singing. He listed "Chained to the Rhythm" and "Swish Swish" as highlights.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witness_(Katy_Perry_album)

bumblebee

Why is this news, there are many more reviews to come and they can change the albums score 

And there is a separate thread for that :poot:

SlayGagaloo
9 minutes ago, Kosh Tuansi said:

Wren Graves from Consequence of Sound gave the album a rating of C. He listed "Swish Swish", "Power", and "Déjà Vu" as essential tracks, but felt that most of the other songs were more of a "filler", and that a lack of cohesiveness with Perry's output made Witness inferior to her previous material. Andy Gill from The Independent rated the record 2 out of 5 stars. He criticized the production of the tracks, especially the ones by Max Martin, describing them as "identical to everyone else's". Gill ended the review saying that tracks listed towards the end of Witness were "far more interesting". Mikael Wood from Los Angeles Times shared a similar view in his analysis of the album. Wood was critical of the musical direction on Witness, the supposed "purposeful pop" being lost in the tracks and Perry's singing. He listed "Chained to the Rhythm" and "Swish Swish" as highlights.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witness_(Katy_Perry_album)

Mess :chica:

Over.

littlepotter

Her ratings were 47 OOTB, 52 TD and 61 Prism. I don't think reviews matter for her.

chaeri pls

Lucas

All the critics calling Swish Swish as a highlight of the album when I think it's one of her worst songs lol. But I really can't wait to listen to Witness (the song)

FATCAT
3 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

Her ratings were 47 OOTB, 52 TD and 61 Prism. I don't think reviews matter for her.

She'll be much more upset if the album doesn't sell. I remember a clip where she was devastated when one of her songs wasn't charting in just 1 country.

Purr more, hiss less.

prince

She isn't really an artist for the critics tbh, her career is based on sales and not on critical acclaim 

duckworth
22 minutes ago, Kosh Tuansi said:

He criticized the production of the tracks, especially the ones by Max Martin, describing them as "identical to everyone else's".

The downfall of Max Martin. :ladyhaha:

ZiggyZiggs
Just now, Peter Quill said:

The downfall of Max Martin. :ladyhaha:

ITS WHAT HE DESERVES :giggle:

littlepotter
7 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

She'll be much more upset if the album doesn't sell. I remember a clip where she was devastated when one of her songs wasn't charting in just 1 country.

Yes, ET :toofunny: it was because it hit #2

chaeri pls

PaperIz

I was reading reviews last night and they were all negative. I feel a bit bad for Kathy. Still gonna bop to the album though :poot: 

Fiona Apple
21 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

Yes, ET :toofunny: it was because it hit #2

It was #20 or something then

Archived