💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

MTV sabotaged Gaga's original Applause concept / performance

dit

Featured Posts

Perfect ionist
15 hours ago, Batwings said:

Yep. It was originally supposed to be an incredibly dark, theatrical, and intricate performance, but MTV scrapped it because they wanted Miley to be the star that year. 

OMFG IM DONE:saladga::madge:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thomas P

Guys the way they describe this performance, it would have been absolutely amazing, but no award show in their right mind would let it happen. It's just too much for an award show. Cost, potential back lash (and yes Miley got that, but in a way that was normal to receive backlash) and think of the potential hate gaga would of gotten for endorsing torture methods. The performance that we got is decent, but I think something I between the two would have been perfect.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

CyanLights
6 minutes ago, Werk said:

There were theories from fans that this was for Aura as well

I wouldn't be surprise, I'm picturing APpluse and it doesn't work at all. Aura does though. Wasn't is suppose to be the lead? Thats why Gaga leaked  the original demo

Werk
7 minutes ago, CyanLights said:

I wouldn't be surprise, I'm picturing APpluse and it doesn't work at all. Aura does though. Wasn't is suppose to be the lead? Thats why Gaga leaked  the original demo

Mhm

Perfect ionist
11 minutes ago, CyanLights said:

True:saladga:

CannaeDrive
14 hours ago, Ooolong said:

At least one person posts this per year and the fans will forever remain just as bitter as when they initially found out; myself included. Go to hell, MTV. :giveup: 

Agree, we need to remind this every year even if it is painful to. I'm still mad AF.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Pierre

They only used the paper garden, they really wanted to make Miley and Timberlake the stars of the night. Also, they forgot the hands where she was suppose to end the song, kinda like the Applause video/Venus paint.

VMA.jpg

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

19 minutes ago, CyanLights said:

Really? I always wished Aura would've been the lead single (or just a single..) for ARTPOP. How come they changed it to Applause? Or is it just a rumour? So many questions from me, sorry, lol. :blink:

sillynate

I remember when I first saw the performance, I thought the background looked like a middle school talent show stage :emma:

Then when this leak came out in 2014 or whenever it was, I knew why... :nails:

This would've been an amazing performance

MEDONER

Yeah I did know, all I can say is fùck MTV and fùck slutty cyrus. Well at least we got both FameGa and VenusGa during the same performance.

bujibu

No offense to Gags but it literally sounded like she was doing the MOST for it. Her paparazzi performance was simple in concept with one defining moment that immortalized that performance. This stuff about torture like...I can see why MTV kind of went "Uhhhhh...." 

I wish they would've kept the dancers dressed as past iconic Gaga outfits though. Imagining them slaying the choreography with her in them would've been amazing. 

dit
2 hours ago, Thomas P said:

That would make A LOTTTT more sense cuz applause does not fit this performance at all.

no it does not make sense because Applause was the lead single and she was obviously going to perform her lead single which wasi n direct competition with another smash hit at the time lol@ She was 100% not doing this for Aura. Maybe Aura was going ot be included somehow but it was 100% for Applause. Plus when you look at the art and Applause you can see she still used the heavinly white garden concept she wanted from the scrapped performance concept she had. they at least let her do that. Also the whole performance concept that was scrapped was about a tortured and tormented artist which is sort of still what she tried to do for Applause in her live performance with the booing and stuff. It was 100% for Applause :p

dit
2 hours ago, Thomas P said:

It's gonna be hard to give her the vanguard award and secure a 16 minute performance thus year I guess :lolly:

a homo can dream :diane:

Spoiler

I feel like they will give it to Katy because her team will push for it tbh :(

Thomas P
19 minutes ago, Albertodift said:

a homo can dream :diane:

Hide contents

I feel like they will give it to Katy because her team will push for it tbh :(

I love Katy but that would mean that the show is over officially. :neyde:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Archived