💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What Song Are You Listening To? 4.0

Shadow

Featured Posts

Luxe Ford

Goldfrapp - Everything Is Never Enough

But *one* gorgeous naked man jogging and frolicking in the desert is good enough for me.

Thanks, Alison!

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

Luxe Ford

Paul Rutherford - Get Real

Last time I watched this video I thought Paul was chubby and old. I also didn't know what a red hankie in your right back pocket meant. Times change.

An Acid House track masquerading as a pop song. The inventor of the drum machine making those squiggling noises, the Roland TB-303, died last year so it's almost relevent.

You can't really over-estimate the importance of that little silver box. It started what ended up an electronic revolution in dance music. You can hear it in Stache for instance. 

Luxe Ford

Baby Ford - Chikki Chikki Ahh Ahh

Baby Ford...you got me all hot...

This hasn't aged very well in its 30 years.

Baby Ford...you got me all tingly!

But it still nests into your brain to raise serotonin and dopamine levels dramatically.

DISCO ME TO ECSTASY ! ! !

Luxe Ford

Mr. Tophat feat. Robyn - Disco Davato

There you are sitting in the bar, sipping on your second Margarita and gently tapping your feet to the non-descript house beat from the speakers. After a few minutes you realise you have trouble focusing your eyes and the sounds start spacing out and reverbating. What kind of mushroom did they put in that omelette you had a little earlier?

Then, at exactly the 7:40 point, you realise you're on the dancefloor, dancing and dancing then vaguely recognising Robyn's vocals, distorted and distant, calling out to you...and you loose track of space and time completly.

Luxe Ford

E-zEE PossEE - Everything  starts with an E

Out favourite has-been Boy George (under the conspicious moniker Angela Dust) had to start his own record company to release this caustic piece of hallucinogen propaganda featuring the inimitable toaster MC Kinky (whom a friend of mine installed at tanning bed for before he OD'd). On Top Of The Pops she had powder-filled capsules glued to her face. The video is supposed to look like its filmed through a disco ball. 

Drop a tab of E and rub up with a stranger! It's Saturday!

Luxe Ford

George Michael - Outside

Trainspotting alert: the part at 3:53 is nearly identical to a break in I Want Your Love.

Luxe Ford

Soft Cell feat. Cindy Ecstasy - Memorabilia

"We can take a pill and shut our eyes and let our love materialise. And I don't mean love out of chocolate box, I mean a love that really rocks.

Cause they call me the baby, the good time lady. Just look at me and its easy to see why they call me Cindy Ecstasy."

From 1982, so this must be the first song ever about molly. Arguably the first white, female rap as well. Fun as memorabilia goes. Key chains and snowstorms...memememmmorabiliaaa!

Edit: and Marc Almond at rolling his eyes up his head 35 years before Perfect Illusion!

Edited by Luxe Ford

Luxe Ford

Fierce Ruling Diva - Rubb it in!

YOU'LL GET THE SHOCK OF YOUR LIFE!

vicks-vaporub-250x250.jpg

There! I was aiming below the belt and just went waaay over your head.

/Luxe Ford, cheeky bastard