Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Dumb Gaga Lyrics?

JiU

Featured Posts

Helxig

Literally me reading this thread

giphy.gif

How do so many of you not understand her lyrics and where she's coming from? :toofunny:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Helxig
1 hour ago, toewsy said:

This line is the reason I can't take this song seriously- the first time I heard it after it leaked after I purchased it legitimately, I thought it was her finally admitting she has no clue what her fans want, and now I can't unthink it skull_zpsksni5fmm.gif

She's talking about how in the age of social media people are more likely to pull out their phones and take a video of someone being brutalised, than actually go over and help. And it's true. "Why do people just stand around?" while someone is being brutalised and eventually shot dead for no reason.

Because yeah, this song is about her not understanding her fans on social media...

Helxig

I will admit though that I cringed at Donatella the first listen through. Until I realised the verses completely satirical, and the song is making commentary about how people often view powerful, fashionable women like herself and Donatella. The truth is in the chorus "she walks so bad, like it feels so good. Listen to her radiate her magic, even though she's misunderstood"

Nirvana
43 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Literally me reading this thread

giphy.gif

How do so many of you not understand her lyrics and where she's coming from? :toofunny:

Same....

I think people are just pointing out the lyrics they dont like - but some of the comments though...:awkney:

Helxig
2 minutes ago, PennyroyalTea said:

Same....

I think people are just pointing out the lyrics they dont like - but some of the comments though...:awkney:

I'm too defensive of this music :sweat:  I need to not open threads like this and just leave people to be ignorant and judgemental.

toewsy
43 minutes ago, Helxig said:

She's talking about how in the age of social media people are more likely to pull out their phones and take a video of someone being brutalised, than actually go over and help. And it's true. "Why do people just stand around?" while someone is being brutalised and eventually shot dead for no reason.

Because yeah, this song is about her not understanding her fans on social media...

I know that. However, on first listen- right as it leaked, before we knew much of anything about the song- the first line of the song reminded me of:

The song is obviously not related to that quote; it is just a funny thought that popped into my head. Do I need to be more explicit, or do you understand the reference now?

Nirvana
5 minutes ago, Helxig said:

I'm too defensive of this music :sweat:  I need to not open threads like this and just leave people to be ignorant and judgemental.

Same, I was going to comment on some of these but you already came with the receipts :golfclap:

Remembered just now,

Can someone explain to me Highway Unicorn?

lot of the lyrics sound dumb but in this case I feel like they mean something.

"When she's got a rainbow syrup
And her heart that she bleeds"

"Run, run with the fury of a
Saint in her eyes"

:oprah:

Bette Davis
6 hours ago, beboskoukla said:

love this part of Applause the most *.*

giphy.gif

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

55 minutes ago, ilikeladygaga said:

Hahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahaha

Honestly that part is iconic. 

How could you do good sis Aura like that :gum:

Helxig
8 minutes ago, SinnersVenus said:

Remembered just now,

Can someone explain to me Highway Unicorn?

lot of the lyrics sound dumb but in this case I feel like they mean something.

"When she's got a rainbow syrup
And her heart that she bleeds"

"Run, run with the fury of a
Saint in her eyes"

:oprah:

It's quite a conceptual song. I think she's Highway Unicorn. At least she feels like some kind of unicorn-being, and she's on the road, running towards her dreams, and leaving behind her fears and restraints, and trying to help other people along the way.

Those lyrics are actually "She's just an American riding a dream. And she's got a rainbow syrup in her heart, that she bleeds"  It's saying that her heart is pure, and it's full of 'rainbow syrup'. It sounds to me like she's describing her passion for equality, love, freedom, kindness, and how she feels those things so strongly in her heart.

The next line she's running towards her goals with passion and kindness. It's kinda the recurring theme in the song I guess. Saints are supposed to help people and heal humanity. And she has the fury, power, passion of one when she's on the road and writing music trying to help people.

I hope my ramblings make sense.

Just now, Helxig said:

It's quite a conceptual song. I think she's Highway Unicorn. At least she feels like some kind of unicorn-being, and she's on the road, running towards her dreams, and leaving behind her fears and restraints, and trying to help other people along the way.

Those lyrics are actually "She's just an American riding a dream. And she's got a rainbow syrup in her heart, that she bleeds"  It's saying that her heart is pure, and it's full of 'rainbow syrup'. It sounds to me like she's describing her passion for equality, love, freedom, kindness, and how she feels those things so strongly in her heart.

The next line she's running towards her goals with passion and kindness. It's kinda the recurring theme in the song I guess. Saints are supposed to help people and heal humanity. And she has the fury, power, passion of one when she's on the road and writing music trying to help people.

I hope my ramblings make sense.

Yeah, it makes sense, thank you:hor:

I feel like most Gaga lyrics have good meanings, yet at time I feel like she's trying too hard to be different :sweat: Gotta love mother monster tho.

Helxig
3 minutes ago, SinnersVenus said:

Yeah, it makes sense, thank you:hor:

I feel like most Gaga lyrics have good meanings, yet at time I feel like she's trying too hard to be different :sweat: Gotta love mother monster tho.

Unfortunately this is a catch 22 for her! Her music used to be absolutely overflowing with creativity, metaphors, symbolism, etc. and people didn't get it, or said that she was trying too hard.

Then with Joanne she stripped it all back, made the songs much more literal so anybody could understand the music and relate to it, and now people say she isn't putting enough effort in.

:wtf:  Poor Gaga can do no right.

Spoiler

Except to me she can almost do no wrong lol

4 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Unfortunately this is a catch 22 for her! Her music used to be absolutely overflowing with creativity, metaphors, symbolism, etc. and people didn't get it, or said that she was trying too hard.

Then with Joanne she stripped it all back, made the songs much more literal so anybody could understand the music and relate to it, and now people say she isn't putting enough effort in.

:wtf:  Poor Gaga can do no right.

Reveal hidden contents

Except to me she can almost do no wrong lol

Poor Gaga:toofunny:

Regardless, she'sshe's still an amazing lyricist, everyone has room for improvement too. Without criticism, it would get boring.

Archived