Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Eurovision Song Contest 2018 in Lisbon - Winner is ISRAEL!

Bellatrix

Featured Posts

Bellatrix

Also the Polish singer Margaret is set to participate in Melodifestivalen with In My Cabana. Linnea Deb is one of the songwriters who also wrote Heroes and Statements.

Margaret participated in Polands national final for a chance to represent Poland in Eurovision 2016 with the song Cool Me Down, but sadly didn't make it all the way. Will she have more success in Sweden?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bellatrix said:

Here's the winner of Melodifestivalen 2018: Mariette!

MarietteHanssonMyRevolutionWiwibloggs.jp

She participated in 2015 and 2017. Now she will make another shot with the song "For You"

Third time's a charm :tony:

Yaaaasss!!! She was recording and all that stuff lately, so I knew iiiitt!!! She has to win!!!

6 hours ago, Bellatrix said:

Also the Polish singer Margaret is set to participate in Melodifestivalen with In My Cabana. Linnea Deb is one of the songwriters who also wrote Heroes and Statements.

Margaret participated in Polands national final for a chance to represent Poland in Eurovision 2016 with the song Cool Me Down, but sadly didn't make it all the way. Will she have more success in Sweden?

There was a rumor she would participate in Melfest '17 right? Seems like they inspired ha. :selena:

Anyhow, I still don't get the hype around Cool Me Down. People thought it would win Eurovision, but come on, there are better songs with this particular sound. Anyhow, I think she can deliver something nice, but DON'T COME FOR MARIETTE!!!!

Glittertinks
9 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Anyhow, I still don't get the hype around Cool Me Down. People thought it would win Eurovision, but come on, there are better songs with this particular sound. Anyhow, I think she can deliver something nice, but DON'T COME FOR MARIETTE!!!!

I am honest, I thought Cool Me Down sounded like a Zara Larsson copy :sweat: I hope she gets a better song for Melodifestivalen.

1 minute ago, Glittertinks said:

I am honest, I thought Cool Me Down sounded like a Zara Larsson copy :sweat: I hope she gets a better song for Melodifestivalen.

My point exactly. I totally agree. She wasn't groundbreaking or original, she actually was behind the trend if you ask me. But when it comes to some Eurovision fans, everything that sounds 'recent' will get overrated to the moon and back.

Glittertinks
1 hour ago, Dutch said:

My point exactly. I totally agree. She wasn't groundbreaking or original, she actually was behind the trend if you ask me. But when it comes to some Eurovision fans, everything that sounds 'recent' will get overrated to the moon and back.

Yes, a lot of Eurovision songs suffer from that. They sound recent and if you ask me even straight up steal the sound of specific songs that have been popular in the year :selena: Or try to copy the song style from the previous winner, which is why expect lots of singer/songwriter ballads, I hope I get proven wrong!

Bellatrix
3 hours ago, Dutch said:

There was a rumor she would participate in Melfest '17 right? Seems like they inspired ha. :selena:

I don't remember if she was. Maybe :laughga:

I agree. She's good absolutely, but nothing groundbreaking really.
Mariette has to win next year. It's her turn :giveup: 

3 hours ago, Glittertinks said:

Yes, a lot of Eurovision songs suffer from that. They sound recent and if you ask me even straight up steal the sound of specific songs that have been popular in the year :selena: Or try to copy the song style from the previous winner, which is why expect lots of singer/songwriter ballads, I hope I get proven wrong!

Right! I don't think there will be more singer/songwriter songs than normal, because there are a lot of them every year. I do think more people will sing in their own language and that will be the trend for 2018. All I want for 2018 is an iconic winner like Loreen, Conchita or low-key Mäns. 

1 hour ago, Bellatrix said:

I don't remember if she was. Maybe :laughga:

I agree. She's good absolutely, but nothing groundbreaking really.
Mariette has to win next year. It's her turn :giveup: 

I don't remember either, nnn. :selena:

Yaaasss, I'm scared she will underwhelm me, because both Don't Stop Believing and A Million Years were my favorites that year. I hope she will deliver a great pop song with great staging again. She wants to top every previous performance, so she better does it!

Bellatrix
24 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Right! I don't think there will be more singer/songwriter songs than normal, because there are a lot of them every year. I do think more people will sing in their own language and that will be the trend for 2018. All I want for 2018 is an iconic winner like Loreen, Conchita or low-key Mäns. 

I don't remember either, nnn. :selena:

Yaaasss, I'm scared she will underwhelm me, because both Don't Stop Believing and A Million Years were my favorites that year. I hope she will deliver a great pop song with great staging again. She wants to top every previous performance, so she better does it!

I don't think she will underwhem. She will be that iconic winner :diane:

Don't Stop Believing in her. She's here For You :gaycat:

Glittertinks
3 hours ago, Dutch said:

Right! I don't think there will be more singer/songwriter songs than normal, because there are a lot of them every year. I do think more people will sing in their own language and that will be the trend for 2018. All I want for 2018 is an iconic winner like Loreen, Conchita or low-key Mäns

Singing in their native language is a trend I would have nothing against it! :tony: 

14 hours ago, Bellatrix said:

I don't think she will underwhem. She will be that iconic winner :diane:

Don't Stop Believing in her. She's here For You :gaycat:

I hope so, she is really one of my favorite artists from Sweden and if somebody deserves it to go to Eurovision it's her. I'm she can win at Eurovision, and I hope. Back to Sweden again in 2018 it is. Or Amsterdam of course. :poot:

11 hours ago, Glittertinks said:

Singing in their native language is a trend I would have nothing against it! :tony: 

Agreed, as long we won't sing Dutch like... Sieneke. :awkney:

Glittertinks
7 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Agreed, as long we won't sing Dutch like... Sieneke. :awkney:

omg :rip:

But yes, some quality songs would be appreciated :ladyhaha:

I personally hope we will have some german songs in our pre selection and not only basic english songs.

2 minutes ago, Glittertinks said:

omg :rip:

But yes, some quality songs would be appreciated :ladyhaha:

I personally hope we will have some german songs in our pre selection and not only basic english songs.

NNNN, I remember that the German people actually liked this song. :air:

I actually don't really like German songs, it makes me cringe for some reason. Don't kill me. :poot:

1 minute ago, Beytwice said:

I'm Romanian and I hope we'll have something better than last year's disaster

Well, your trashy song actually got a lot of underserved points, so keep delivering I guess. :selena:

TheJoanneJoker
Just now, Dutch said:

Well, your trashy song actually got a lot of underserved points, so keep delivering I guess. :selena:

sis don't touch my weave like I sent that **** to the contest

It's the first time I ever hated on an eurovision song, it was just too horrible

senseless trash

good lord we had awesome semi-finalists during the national selections, I don't see how did they send that **** to the contest

Also, 2015

Romania sent shitty Voltaj instead of this masterpiece

• Bellatrix changed the title to Eurovision Song Contest 2018 in Lisbon - Winner is ISRAEL!
  • Haroon pinned this topic
  • Haroon unpinned and locked this topic

Archived