đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Eurovision Song Contest 2018 in Lisbon - Winner is ISRAEL!

Bellatrix

Featured Posts

Dutch
1 hour ago, Bellatrix said:

Not sure if it's a lot, but it reminds me of it indeed :reductive: 

Well, the melody of the chorus sounds exactly like Heroes to me.

They definitely will. It's a great song and it's Azerbaijan :poot: 

It's not a great song to me. Skeletons was so much better. This song sounds like a basic bop from years ago. It's still a bop tho.

According to the odds this is the current top 5 in Melodifestivalen:

1. Benjamin Ingrosso - 1,75
2. Felix Sandman - 6.00
3. Liamoo - 6,50
4. John Lundvik - 7.00
5. Mariette - 10,00

A mess... It will be Benjamin for sure. Sweden needs to send something else for once, 4 man in a row with almost the same staging. They are lucky the Eurovision audience has a bad memory.

After Loreen lost in the second chance round last year I made a little shady post about Sweden on Facebook. Facebook now reminded me that it was one year ago today. Thanks :madge:

NNN. :air:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glittertinks

So many great songs were chosen yesterday :air:

My favorites from this weekend are Poland, Estonia and Azerbaijan - let's see what Portugal will chose tonight :excited2:

Bellatrix
2 hours ago, Dutch said:

Well, the melody of the chorus sounds exactly like Heroes to me.

It's not a great song to me. Skeletons was so much better. This song sounds like a basic bop from years ago. It's still a bop tho.

A mess... It will be Benjamin for sure. Sweden needs to send something else for once, 4 man in a row with almost the same staging. They are lucky the Eurovision audience has a bad memory.

NNN. :air:

I don't think Benjamin will be that superior tho. Even if he's not my favorite he would deserve the victory if he wins. I don't want us to send a woman just for the sake of sending a woman. They need to deliver too, but in the most recent years the males have been better imo, except for last year with Statements and A Million Years.

Dutch
46 minutes ago, Bellatrix said:

I don't think Benjamin will be that superior tho. Even if he's not my favorite he would deserve the victory if he wins. I don't want us to send a woman just for the sake of sending a woman. They need to deliver too, but in the most recent years the males have been better imo, except for last year with Statements and A Million Years.

Benjamin totally deserves to win in my opinion. It's like last year, Mariette was my favorite, but out the favorites to win it I liked Robin the most. Probably the same will happen with Benjamin this year. It's funny, because both Robin and Benjamin did well on their debut year and they both won a year later.

I'm not saying Sweden should send something else, for the sake of sending something else. One of the best songs won every year (except for Frans, but he also ended in the top 5, so who is complaining?). I'm also not saying it should be a woman btw, it could be a group, a duo, many possibilities besides a man singing a bop song. It should be the rightful winner, I agree. It's just a coincide when Benjamin wins this year, that 3 out the 4 men had a LED staging, 3 out the 4 man had a mid tempo pop song, 3 out the 4 man were alone on the stage etc. Once again, they win because they have the best song and staging, no doubt about it. Like, I'm not complaining at all, because Sweden always sends quality to Eurovision, but if they want to win it again, I think they need to send something more original like Statements.

Bellatrix
17 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Benjamin totally deserves to win in my opinion. It's like last year, Mariette was my favorite, but out the favorites to win it I liked Robin the most. Probably the same will happen with Benjamin this year. It's funny, because both Robin and Benjamin did well on their debut year and they both won a year later.

I'm not saying Sweden should send something else, for the sake of sending something else. One of the best songs won every year (except for Frans, but he also ended in the top 5, so who is complaining?). I'm also not saying it should be a woman btw, it could be a group, a duo, many possibilities besides a man singing a bop song. It should be the rightful winner, I agree. It's just a coincide when Benjamin wins this year, that 3 out the 4 men had a LED staging, 3 out the 4 man had a mid tempo pop song, 3 out the 4 man were alone on the stage etc. Once again, they win because they have the best song and staging, no doubt about it. Like, I'm not complaining at all, because Sweden always sends quality to Eurovision, but if they want to win it again, I think they need to send something more original like Statements.

I see and I agree about that. It would be fun to send something different as long as it's good, like Statements. Too bad those get rejected because people want the "regular bops" instead :cryga: 

Dutch

Waylon is about to bring a spectacle to the stage in Lisbon. He promised that, even if you don't like his song, you still be blown away. He want to creates something special. Lets hope he can walk the talk in May.:tony:

DesertWolf

Belgium once again sending a dark song :nick: I still prefer City Lights tho #JusticeForBlanche  

Magnet. XXVII

Dutch
2 minutes ago, crisjackd said:

Belgium once again sending a dark song :nick: I still prefer City Lights tho #JusticeForBlanche  

She didn't lie about the dark pop song indeed. It once again leaked. Belgium get your Scheiße together. :air:
Nothing can top City Lights tbh. This song sounds very James Bond to me.

darkgaga
1 minute ago, Dutch said:

She didn't lie about the dark pop song indeed. It once again leaked. Belgium get your Scheiße together. :air:
Nothing can top City Lights tbh. This song sounds very James Bond to me.

Link?

DesertWolf
Just now, Dutch said:

This song sounds very James Bond to me.

That's what I actually thought when I listenned to it for the first time. The melody is similar to Adele's Skyfall :oprah: But I still hope it will make it to the top 10 

Magnet. XXVII

Dutch
6 minutes ago, crisjackd said:

That's what I actually thought when I listenned to it for the first time. The melody is similar to Adele's Skyfall :oprah: But I still hope it will make it to the top 10 

I don't know. The songs this year are all so different and diverse. Everything can do well or flop at this point. :selena:

• Bellatrix changed the title to Eurovision Song Contest 2018 in Lisbon - Winner is ISRAEL!
  • Haroon pinned this topic
  • Haroon unpinned and locked this topic

Archived