Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Eurovision Song Contest 2018 in Lisbon - Winner is ISRAEL!

Bellatrix

Featured Posts

Glittertinks

I like Loreen's and Pastora's new songs a lot! Happy to see Pastora is back, because she was my favorite in 2012 and still slays me with that song :giveup:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dutch

People are talking about Turkey to return next year? They can stay away tbh. :gaycat:

Pastora is something else btw. :giveup:

Bellatrix
6 hours ago, Dutch said:

People are talking about Turkey to return next year? They can stay away tbh. :gaycat:

Pastora is something else btw. :giveup:

Yeah, Sertab Erener made the following statement during a live stream on Instagram:

"I think TRT will start participating again next year at the Eurovision — I mean we as a country will participate. And that’s what I’m telling you from here. I hope the one who represents us will win the contest. But on the other side, I hope it will not happen so I can stay the only person to win the Eurovision for Turkey. Of course, the Eurovision time is very stressful. I do not know who will represent us but I wish him luck, patience. It is very important to have a nice song."

They also have a new Head of the Turkish broadcaster TRT, which could change direction to a more pro-European style.

I agree that they can stay away. We already know who their 12 points would go to and we don't need that again :reductive:

• 2 weeks later...
Bellatrix

A new song has been released by the hot Eurovision star Måns Zelmerlöw - "We Can Be The Rulers"

Måns has become a big Eurovision favorite over the past years. He entered Eurovision 2015 in Vienna with "Heroes" and won the whole thing - beating out this poor Russian girl Lady Gagarina.. Lady Grina.

He then hosted Eurovision 2016 in Stockholm together with Queen Petra Mede.

and of course, the highlight of Eurovision 2017 was the little skit with... that's right, Måns :gaycat:

Dutch

Lisbon 2018 it is! The 63rd edition of Eurovision will take place on the 8th, 10th and 12th of May.

Bellatrix
16 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Lisbon 2018 it is! The 63rd edition of Eurovision will take place on the 8th, 10th and 12th of May.

Portugal is already overshadowing Ukraine with their speed :selena:

Dutch
Just now, Bellatrix said:

Portugal is already overshadowing Ukraine with their speed :selena:

Thank god. At least they feel honored to host it... Lets hope they will surprise me with a great contest. The organization is on point already, so that's promising!

Glittertinks
23 minutes ago, Dutch said:

That video gets me already much more excited than Ukraine a week before the Contest :selena:

Anyways, Lisbon seems to be a beautiful city :diane:

StarryNight

MEO Arena (originally, and still popularly referred to as Pavilhão Atlântico) is a multi-purpose indoor arena in Lisbon, Portugal. The Arena is among the largest indoor arenas in the European Union and the largest in Portugal with a capacity of 20,000 people and was built in 1998 for Expo '98. It is named after its main sponsor, MEO.

1920px-View_of_MEO_Arena_2014_from_North

it's actually 3rd largest indoor venue in Europe

d2e3d20ae51552b8d87b907420f2909c.png

Dutch

I hope they can fill the arena tho... :selena:
It's better than the venue in Ukraine for sure. :tony:

Bellatrix
6 hours ago, StarryNight said:

MEO Arena (originally, and still popularly referred to as Pavilhão Atlântico) is a multi-purpose indoor arena in Lisbon, Portugal. The Arena is among the largest indoor arenas in the European Union and the largest in Portugal with a capacity of 20,000 people and was built in 1998 for Expo '98. It is named after its main sponsor, MEO.

1920px-View_of_MEO_Arena_2014_from_North

it's actually 3rd largest indoor venue in Europe

d2e3d20ae51552b8d87b907420f2909c.png

When is this list last updated? Stockholm has both Tele2 Arena and Friends Arena which have bigger capacity than these.

StarryNight
3 hours ago, Bellatrix said:

When is this list last updated? Stockholm has both Tele2 Arena and Friends Arena which have bigger capacity than these.

those two belong under the stadium category since they are primarily stadiums (with retractable roof) but multi-purposeful

bc8f145f4643ce48346481f05b45f9dd.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_stadiums_by_capacity

Bellatrix
9 minutes ago, StarryNight said:

those two belong under the stadium category since they are primarily stadiums (with retractable roof) but multi-purposeful

bc8f145f4643ce48346481f05b45f9dd.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_stadiums_by_capacity

Oh I see. Since you said "indoor venues" I was thinking that those would count to them when the roof is closed.

• Bellatrix changed the title to Eurovision Song Contest 2018 in Lisbon - Winner is ISRAEL!
  • Haroon pinned this topic
  • Haroon unpinned and locked this topic

Archived