💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

What if gaga went the miley/adele route?

Oscar

Featured Posts

Oscar

Imagine if after tfm era she had waited 4 years to release her next album. How do you think she would do? She got a lot of hate for overexposure. A longer wait could ensure a more quality album/appropriate exposure 

With only c2c in between. (Would get her critical acclaim as well as refuel her creativity) 

I understand it was important for her to get the btw message across so perhaps release btw as a stand alone single or btw as an ep (so people wouldn't be sick of her overexposure) 

Maybe release an underground album like dead pets for her fans during that time.

I feel like this could only work if she went totally unseen for the 4 years and made a huge comeback out of nowhere to get people excited. Otherwise, doing just a little activity would make people know she's still there and make people lose interest. If she came back with BTW or Applause after that, they would instantly smash #1.

Dorothy Gale

I feel like that'd be more damaging for her. If she has another huge era, she could pull that off. 

Modern Ecstacy

I don't think that would have worked out. I feel like she would have fallen off the hype and spotlight and the next album might not have been successful. 4 years is a long time. Pop culture moves fast and it can just take just months to fall off the spotlight

AlexanderMagno

Back then, it would have worked. Definitely. Just like Adele was missed, she would be missed. LADY GAGA was herself an event, so a few years hiatus and a big return would work for her. With a hiatus, her "mystery", her aura, would have remained untouch. Instead, she lost it.

juju

29 minutes ago, Oscar said:

Imagine if after tfm era she had waited 4 years to release her next album. How do you think she would do? 

Born This Way was the peak - arguably - of her career/artistry, it needed to come hot off the heals of TFM, which sort of propped it up in more ways than one. If there was to be a four-year break anywhere, it was most certainly needed between ARTPOP - where the overexposure had reached its climax - and Joanne - where she was able to return with a renewed freshness among the general public, and fans alike. A four year break after TFM would've most likely hindered her momentum from that point on, and I doubt she would've remained as strong in the game as she did up until Applause dropped if she had taken all that time off so soon in her career.

32 minutes ago, Oscar said:

With only c2c in between. (Would get her critical acclaim as well as refuel her creativity) 

Again - arguably - the pivotal turning point in her career, the C2C era gave her a chance to show some versatility and shed the performance artist for a bit. She was finally being taken as a serious vocalist, and got to show off her acting chops, garnering her legions of new fans and credibility at the same time (as well as another Grammy and a Golden Globe, mind you :reductive:). She's more than a triple threat at this point, she can tackle things that artists like Adele and Miley cannot - one second, giving the world full-choreo performance art mayhem, then the next, singing alongside Tony Bennett and other legends, while holding her own.

So I see where you're coming from with C2C, it was very much necessary. That period branched "artsy-pop-dance" Gaga with the Gaga today: a true Renaissance woman, capable of widespread appeal. Inevitably, it's made her Legend-material.

34 minutes ago, Oscar said:

I understand it was important for her to get the btw message across so perhaps release btw as a stand alone single or btw as an ep (so people wouldn't be sick of her overexposure) 

Overexposure was bound to happen regardless; she seemingly became huge overnight (although we all know this not to be true). BTW needed to happen, in order to elevate her in the public consciousness as something more than the untouchable performance-artist-enigma she had been between 2009 - 2010. It made her human; she was allowed to **** up and to feel, that catharsis carrying on into the ARTPOP era, where it ultimately reached a head. Again, these were necessities to get her to where she is today, where she's in a league of her own with little to no current contemporaries. 

In short: Gaga's career has happened the way it has because it's been a literal journey, and it wouldn't have been half as iconic as its been if she had taken any alternate route or replicated the career path of any other artist. :firega: 

❤ x ❤

Archived